Preseason 3 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmegaPrime000000

12-05-2012

Anyone else completely annoyed by the changes? The new masteries are totally lacking anything that would separate the good players from the bad since there are so few choices now you basically get forced into picking up most "perks" (even if some of those were nerfed such as movement speed, dmg), the items are, for the most part, terrible and most are really useless IE: Liandry's Torment what a waste of gold for negligible dmg, the store itself is far worse then the last one and honestly i feel like this store takes twice as long as the last one since it seems to run much slower and is less responsive, the new display is horrible since you can barley see team chat and the screen is now taken up with larger icons so you really see less then before if you think about it and what is with boosting speed in addition to making tier 3 boots? Why would anyone want to see a Fidd with over 500 movement because of a pair of boots? I mean come one he could run full ap, grab tier 3 boots of mobility and just nuke you all with his ult ( and yes this did happen already so it's not far fetched) and then think of hecarim lol his passive plus those boots = OP. Just seems like instead of making the game more challenging you made it where anyone who can click a mouse can have a good chance of winning since everything has been generalized and boosted. Also why did FON, Madredís or Ionic Spark need to be removed short of adding new, worse, items to replace them? I mean look at Ionic spark you replaced it with a shiv that charges by walking LOL i could run in a circle and charge that thing constantly for the dmg at least before we had to attack i mean how easy does this game need to get?

MotherStroodle

12-05-2012

Like a lot of other people i like some of the changes made but not all, the tweaks to jugnling, the gold adjustments, and the interface seem like good moves. However the items is a little different im always glad to see new items but to take out some real good ones like Force of Nature and regrowth pendant. I like to play morde and for a character like that who uses health instead of mana and who doesnt have free costs its a very important part to his build (regrowth pendant early game especially). and it seems like most other health regen items now put in mana regen as well but again not using mana something like that doesnt peek an interest also the rejuvenation bead doesnt really give that good of a start. it would be different if the cost was free but its not. Also it seems to take away for health regen tanks as well i know ive seen quite a few people complaining about that as well. Hope you bring it back or at least put in a viable replacement.overall the patch isnt bad just some of the changes werent good for all the champs.

Marko10

12-05-2012

This is a lot for one patch ... u should this changes put in game 1 by 1 .... personaly i dont like this ..........s2 was better

SkiingGuava

12-05-2012

I press Q ability doesnt happen till' 1.5 seconds later

BasicMojo

12-05-2012

I'm disappointed by this. Once again we seem to be making the shift away from rewarding skilled players who make good plays by having it be a race to the best items. The farming changes are laughable; I don't understand why changing focus away from last-hitting was considered a good idea.

By removing Heart of Gold and Mercenary and lowering gold gained from assists, you have neutered the Support Tank role. I played a game as Leona yesterday where I rushed a Philo's Stone, wound up with two kills and 20 assists by the end of a 30 minute game, and had less than 8k gold to show for it. Everyone else in the game had at least 11k, except for the enemy Amumu, who was also in the support slot and had about the same money as me.

There was a ridiculous influx of new items in this patch, along with the removal of old ones that everyone had gotten to know, enjoy, and rely upon. Without FoN, there's really no viable MR item for tanks or tanky DPS anymore. The best part about it was the HP regen and the movespeed, so that you could stay in longer and have better control over the battlefield. The new items are unbalanced. I watched a Kat with a Torment wipe an entire team who all had MR in under three seconds. I watched a Fiora with a Hydra do the same thing to a team with GAs and Thornmails. I really don't like the fact that you can just buy a red buff now. Sightstone needs to be a GP5 item for it to be valuable. These are just to name a few.

The biggest problem that I've found with the patch is that once a character gets on a roll, it's impossible to stop him now. T3 items are cheaper than ever before, and with the change to the killstreak/deathstreak rewards and ambient gold they're showing up on multiple characters - or on one character multiple times - before 20 minutes. A new strategy I've seen is to have one player suicide into the enemy team a few times, then have a carry come wipe everyone out and get all the +500 killstreak money. We seem to have reached the point where "strategy" simply means "exploiting game mechanics".

Overall, I'd say this was way too drastic for one patch. LoL feels like a completely different game now. This is the first time in five years of playing that I've looked for a way to roll back a patch, so I could have it the way it was before.

lifestealer22

12-05-2012

league of legends is just completely ruined,i REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE IF THIS Changes BE DELETED FOR EVER

BlackestEyes

12-05-2012

I played a game today... and I didn't want to play another one. The changes to the items are just too much at once.

I hate the new store UI. Please revert.

lifestealer22

12-05-2012

league of legends is just completely ruined,please change this stupid changes it is stupid changes why you worked at it this suck anyway,i think i must quite this game becuz this changes suck more than any changes ever **** U CHANGERS

AlmightySOUK

12-05-2012

Only one complaint...

WHY DID YOU BUFF HECARIM!???

CantLetYaDoThat

12-05-2012

Whatever happened to that Heimerdinger re-work? :3