Preseason 3 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Califaxis

12-04-2012

Im a bit concerned with the new support items...
They seem to focus alot on AP and mana / mana regen, which is great for most supports but what about say leona who stacks horribly with AP and doesnt need (much) mana or mana regen?
combined with the removal of heart of gold im afraid this is going to hurt her alot.

1ColonelSanders

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowpod View Post
lol how dare u
1: why would you say "lol" before saying something like "how dare you"?
2: "how dare you" implies they have no right to do that, but they do, since you don't pay for this game.

rivershrimp

12-04-2012

I dont know if any one can help me with whats going on but my lol client has been giving me the server is undefined well i can get past this part using (thereisnourflevel) trick but ok then when i try to make a custom game the client crashes before it even gets to the loading screen any one know how i can fix this are point me in the write direction i have also disabled all my firewalls rebooted and also did a repair and a delete every thing and just reinstall nothing is working so if any one could help plz fill free

Judicator Anael

12-04-2012

I am not sure if Riot is aware the Alienware tournament is going on right now...

http://www.alienwarearena.com/event/lol-na/

Riot can you please wait until that is done to add this patch.

omegademan

12-04-2012

Northern Winds duration increased to 6 seconds from 5

Please make Northern Winds have more damage iterations when activated. Seems like enemies are damaged only once per second.

xXJayeDuBXx

12-04-2012

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the massive amount of replies, but I noticed that item names and descriptions are not correct for runes in the store.

Sasking

12-04-2012

ist very bad srry but dab madred delet woh ?

BANE of H3RO

12-04-2012

Apperantly no one mentioned an interface change (shop was expected). The ironic thing is that you guys didnt want this game to feel alien from what we know, yet this unmentioned change made it feel alien (atleast to me). Several menus obstruct my field of vision more now than previously, and its annoying. It even feels like the game zoomed in closer to the champions more so i can't see as much anymore. The shop changes will take some getting used to, but the menu for it is so big, it's like I'm at a different screen. The skill menu at the bottom of the screen is larger, cutting off even more vision, aswell as my teammates tags in th upper left. If I needed to see what my opponents were building, how fed they are(n't), how well my team is doing/ what they are building, That menu has increased in size aswell.

I'm not done. When I went to summoners rift, at the river, something that caught my attention was the notch (like say going from baron heading towards purple jungle near the mid-lane) isn't there anymore. It may seem minor, but I have used that small notch to ambush enemies, aswell as escape from them more than I can count. Same thing is by dragon. Were there changes to the crystal scar, twisted treeline, or even the proving grounds, similar to this change (or not) that was not mentioned?

The only questions I have now is "Can we make the menu's permanently smaller," "What made you guys want to change this," and most importantly "Why were these changes never mentioned?!"

Edit: The new Phantom Dancer doesn't make sense: Zeal gives +5% movement speed, and you need it to get that same boost from Phantom Dancer, yet Trinity Force still has a +12% increase. hoW doeS thiS makE sensE? It doesn't.

After looking over the new masteries, it's official, the game is broken. Reason being: What is Crowd Control? Anyone know what it is? Useless is what it is now. Some people say fiddlesticks fear is overpowered, these new changes say it is UNDERpowered, and forget about champions who use slows, ralai's, or frozen mallet. In the new masteries, under the defensive tree, there 2 pieces that catch attention, 1 reduces slows, and the other is tenacity, thats DOES STACK with items you build, ASWELL as Irellia's passive (that's +25 from boots or 35 from the new item (which is good for hybrids) plus 15% from the tenacity mastery, plus ANOTHER 15% from the Relentless mastery (5 mastery points total + another 10 to get them) to slows, plus ANOTHER 25% to slows with the new boots of swiftness, plus UP TO ANOTHER 40% from Irellia's passive.

The result: An almost complete IMMUNITY TO CROWD CONTROL, to a max of 95% to any slows (55% + 35 on others)

FIX IT QUICK!!!

SAVE THE GAME!!!

Moons

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Trololo View Post
Morello said in August that whey were reworking Darius. Most of the advice I've gotten from better players regarding laning against Darius involves: Farm, don't feed him, and wait for your jungler to gank. How is this supposed to happen with the new jungle being a lot more difficult?
Instead of it just pick teemo or elise, mate

Doc Unplugged

12-04-2012

Deals 5% of ability power in magic damage on each basic attack ... Welcome To League Of AP .