Preseason 3 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beaumains

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashingPheonix View Post
The item are good but WHY REMOVE ALL DAMN HEALTH REGEN ITEM??!! IT ****ED UP EVERY OF MY TANK BUILD!!.seriously, renduin had hp regen, not anymore, FoN got removed ?? why??? Warmog dont have any more flat Hp regen... why remove all this Hp regen item? you guys messed up tank item....
Actually, they consolidated Warmogs and FoN, you'll notice that Warmogs now gives % health regen, which is flat regen at the time you're able to buy it (1.5% of 1000 is 15, and you've probably got 2k+ hp naturally, so that's 45 hp per 5 which is 9+ hit points per second). It's also true I don't see any 70+ MR items floating around, perhaps Riot will re-introduce a high MR item, though with tanks and others almost universally having naturally high MR (on the order of 100-200), and the persistent nerfs to AP casters, I'm guessing they're gonna wait to see how things go first. In short, tanks are not dead, in fact, I'm very much looking forward to some of the new possible combinations.

Jhon Mclaren

12-06-2012

He looked very good the new patch league of legends, but playing league of legends you realize that it was better the season two I say this, because playing a game fueled a magician can change the course of the game absolutely no iteams giving enough magic resistance to aguanter much damage, so it is to the conditions and lost consciousness, so I announce my unhappy with the new patch, I say this because there are many players who do not like and an stopped playing league of legends as they are me, if you do not understand much English is that I'm from chile and not explain some things.

ananas1k

12-06-2012

I personally don't buy all these changes. Interface kind of looked cool at first, but after a little bit of time, it is not eye pleasing anymore. Item changes and rune changes just made game totally different. Some items in the store are just ridiculous. The store itself became a lot slower, as far as buying items goes, and a lot more confusing... I loved season 2 gameplay, compared to this. Jungling now is a terror. It was awesome before, cuz you could cooperate with your teams to be an efficient jungler and ganker but now it's just ridiculous... The best way to put this, in my opinion, is say that a simple awesome fun game of LOL is being turned into a weird complicated and ugly looking dota 2. Nothing personal about the game, i understand why people choose it over lol, but that is exactly the reason behind people dividing into two groups- LOL players and DOTA players. I'm hoping to see riot bring it back to where it was. Slight changes are always welcome, but this is way too beyond the line. Also, I don't think any game should introduce so much stuff at once. It is quite impossible to comprehend.

Riot, PLEASE DON'T TAKE AWAY THE FUN FROM LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Von Radish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Win!
How dare you say WIN at the beginning with out evaluating your peoples actual reactions. Many MANY people are unsatisfied. I dont think when season two came out you lost this many long time fans or new converts. Win is not the appropriate term, in fact its loose.

xTsXx

12-06-2012

Quote:
Win!
No Sir Fail!

You lost what made LoL awesome in the first place. Just to make it like Dota 2 and Dota 2 blow chunks it's why we are playing LoL because it was simpler and easier to understand the game without making uncomprehending to everyone that plays slim down item builds, visual mechanics, and items that was balanced to all builds. Now this item counter this build that not visual and way to many active on use garbage. Sorry you just made SCII infinity best E-sports! You ruined Support meta and Jungle now the new carry thats gonna get invaded on at lvl 1. Support sucks because you ruined the gold per 5 that now you need utility mastery to get gold way down the tree that's not worth taking by making you too squishy. You really don't think about your changes too well. and yet you think when you change so much that players adjust their play style and don't they just quit.

Bucc

12-06-2012

Quote:
Win!
actually.... Fail!

hope you gather the numbers of how many people stop playing after that horrid patch into the new season. If i had to guess i would have thought you guys got fired making dota and decided to make the game exactly the same and just make the title LoL. Im so disappointed in the direction that riot decided to take this game. Alls i can say is...

R.I.P. League of Legends

We will all miss you.

Benchmade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-07-2012

I don't know what you guys did to how penetration worked but it's an absolute disaster. Tanks fall within seconds like an AD carry. You introduced way too many new items in too short a span of time and while I know the community will get used to it eventually, the game feels way too different from Season 2.

All I see now is people rushing Brutalizer and Haunting Guise and capitalizing/abusing the new Penetration mechanic. Last game, I saw a Zed build 4 Black Cleavers because everything on it stacks and it just has everything a bruiser wants. I asked him if 1 auto applied 4 stacks of the Armor Shred and he said yes. Doesn't seem like you guys put too much thought into it...

vienersssnitzle

12-07-2012

Way to make a great game terrible. My only suggestion is to change your guys' company name from riot to blizzard. Oh and fix magic resist cause i dont think it does anything at the moment.

Samnson

12-07-2012

So I hopped on the computer for the first time in a week,
Now I see this patch and I feel completely horrified by this.

Who the hell at riot thought this was a good idea..?
First of all, the item balance pre-patch was great, It was simple and balanced. something that's been hard to balance for the longest time, and it was pretty good at where we had it. Now, honestly theres nothing, its all out of wack. People can pull out cheap and powerful sustain and damage in the first 7 minutes of the game.

Secondly, THE HUD, mother of god the hud.
Its convoluted and ugly, There is numbers/designs and random bits of **** scattered everywhere.
This, is not good design. The Number 1 reason why I prefer League over games like Dota2 was because of its simplicity. Your never constantly fed useless bits of info that you don't need and you mouse over what you need to know. The Shop is the worst culprit of this, Finding items your familiar with just takes too long, it should be as simple as (Click Item, Look at item tree, Find item you need out of item tree.) Now its just irritating to find what you need.

What is irritating me the most about this entire ordeal is the way it IS starting to Feel like Dota,
The Design Choices, the Character Remolding, The new items.
It all has this vague horrid scent of that Game. wither or not this is a marketing strategy to pull in the Dota Player base, its really messing up the game altogether.

I Loved the colorfulness of League, Its simple nature.
Not these Truly Bland Retexturing of the characters, or how dull and lifeless that map updates are becoming. If it goes on like this its more then likely that Riot and League is going to lose much of its casual player fan base.

Samnson

12-07-2012

on a further note,
A game is not about GRAPHICS, a game is about content.

Question: Why the hell you you think Flash games and games like Minecraft are Cultural Phenomenons?
Answer: They have appropriate Substance.

Hell,Post Patch League Could look like BanjoKazooie and Id Still love it to death.