Preseason 3 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peerseidon

12-06-2012

Did you all tweak the turrets somehow? I just played as bot lane and at level 3 graves/morg combo destroy me (mf) and shen combo. Underneath our turret, they just dove us easily. I also played a 3v3 match and I swear it is like you reduced the attack speed of the turrets and the time it takes the to lock on and the range that they have. I know turtling was a problem, but it wasn't that big of a problem.

Lacian

12-06-2012

Omg Riot why the hell are you destroying your own game jungle is way to hard now so you will get behind with most champions and all the item changes omg where to begin.

PoweredByZeph

12-06-2012

Todays a sad day.. I never thought after 2 years of playing League that I would quit the game. Great job on making a totally different game. Goodbye LoL

ActLikeAnoob

12-06-2012

I'm getting really big FPS drop after opening the shop so lag !! and all messed up

Beaumains

12-06-2012

I really like these changes overall; I'll miss the old DFG, and hopefully that active can be revisited in some fashion, but the rework looks suitable (thanks for putting the 15% back). Very excited about a lot of the new items, including some of the unassuming ones . . .

Perhaps this has already been discussed, but why did Moonflare & SS get the cut? Are mages going to have other tenacity options the way other classes (e.g. tanks, bruisers, supports, assassins, carries, junglers) do (i.e. did I miss something)? Is the CDR/mana aura going to make a debut on some other item?

Also, I've always liked the tiered approach to base items; e.g. Longsword, Pickaxe, B.F. Sword; Tome, Wand, Rod; Cloth Armor, Chainmail; Mantle, Cloak; Ruby, Giant; etc. I've noticed that the chief distinction is that only one of the items in these series is immediately available (at least on S.R.); perhaps that was part of the issue with Regrowth & Meki? Will we see more potent base regen items in the future? I hope so.

Beaumains

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacian View Post
Omg Riot why the hell are you destroying your own game jungle is way to hard now so you will get behind with most champions and all the item changes omg where to begin.
The new jungle is not so different from the original jungle in terms of difficulty. Yes it will be more difficult across the board because Riot's early solution to a limited jungle crowd was to nerf premiere junglers (albeit for non-jungle reasons). But the new jungle is not impossible, and it has never been Riot's intention that every champion should be a jungler (Kassadin anyone?). I expect we will now see a jungle crowd that is perhaps a bit smaller, but more diverse, and diversity seems to be Riot's primary goal here.

Th Doctor

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteroner View Post
the point is we liked the game so much the way it was... we will probably pick up other games now because even if we stay playing this game we will have to learn it considering it is a completely new game... ignorant people like you are the reason they changed the game in the first place in sure... and you have no remorse, you just try to make fun and do a poor job at it because you obviously don't understand the logic behind our comments
Because you have no logic in your comments. There's a difference between thinking and being immutable. Why would you want to play the same game over and over and over again without any large impacting changes? This game requires strategy and teamwork, and adding in abundances of items that have to be used with tactics that assist the team as a whole is a step further towards that direction. And are you so daft that you can't re-learn a few new tricks? Christ, and you call me ignorant. If you want to play the same game over again, go play Call of Duty. I'm sure they'd love you there.

Zombiemanifest

12-06-2012

I've loved this game for so long, and to see it become this so suddenly is just disappointing. I attempted to play a few matches and I couldn't find myself doing anything because of the changes. I don't agree with any of the changes they have done and I Can't find a positive thing to say to Riot other than the new Splash Art looked nice.
And to those who said "Oh well, what's the point in playing the same game over and over again?" That's what people have been doing since beta. It seems that there is nothing wrong with it. Too many items were implemented too quickly, and too many game changes. The HUD looks awful, the shop is horrible to navigate in when playing a fast paced strategy game like this (Mid-late game) And even in early game you need to get to the lane quickly so you don't lose farm or have your carry die because you weren't there to help him/her.
Please revert this whole patch and carry all of these changes over the course of a few months, not one day.

-Zombie

Edit: Oh and the shops appearance makes me feel like i'm navigating through Starcraft 2's interface...

Von Radish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphashados View Post
You know, just yelling that everything sucks now isn't going to get anything productive done. You may be upset that your favorite item is gone, or that the store is a little clunky, but just yelling SO DUMB or THIS SUCKS isn't a good way to get things changed. Be calm, be reasonable. If you have a problem, explain it. Don't just say "FoN GONE?!?!? GONNA HAVE FUN UNINSTALLING" or something like that. Riot deserves better. Be constructive, don't just blindly rage.

I'm on the fence about the changes, some things I like others I don't, but I trust that Riot will make the game even better than it was in season 2.
Respectfully let me say these are some of the worst possible changes ive ever seen.
First off instead of balancing you see massive adjustments that simply bring more and more over powered items and take other older ones to the trash. Simple math shows damage to gold ratios have been turned haywire.
Second of all the shop which people like ease of navigation has been destroyed. Recommended item lists where at the top and people knew how to get to their build. Now the shop is not just awkward but clumsy and just plain rancid.
Now to the jungle. Change was not needed. Period.
Where is the balancing on over powered champions we craved???? why isn't Darius nerfed. A babby with no experience could win against someone with a 1900 elo.
What you continue to do is not address people concerns and listen to your community but rather pave your own path and leave disappointed fans behind.
Don't get me wrong i LOVE this game and i love the company and their accomplishments. I stood by you when Eve was useless i stood by you when Darius was released and Dianna and many other champions stood by useless.
But now that season 3 has come out im no longer happy =(.
I know you will never go back on your decisions because even if you are wrong you wont admit it.
Truthfully you have not gone back on decisions when your community is screaming at you to turn back.
Its ok to be wrong.
Please do something.

Sincerely,
A gaming consumer

Von Radish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFool35 View Post
Naturally people are abusing new items. A perfect example would be Teemo. Always builds the new mask item gives 10% of base health dammage on shrooms. Now that oracle is only 5 mins no one wants to clear shrooms because it's a waste of money.

Riot will realize things like this and fix it. It's just a matter of time.

People will get used to the interface, so no point in complaining about that.
Really did they fix darius.....did they fix dianna? did they fix eve?( a year later) I love this game. I love my game. But one thing ive learner about roit
THEY WILL NEVER GO BACK ON DUMB CHANGES!
sigh....