Preseason 3 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liliths Inferno

12-05-2012

playing one last game with lee sin then im done

gave it a try, just doesnt cut it.

will come back next patch hopefully then te shop and ud and items will have a much needed revamp.
if it's a no go most of my friends plus myself will be calling it quites.

it was fun

swainer80

12-05-2012

At least they added a search feature for the items : /

rajo101

12-05-2012

Well, I just played a game. Initially, seemed okay. But now I think you guys really broke the balance of the game. Probably the main thing keeping powerful supports like Soraka in check was having to buy so many wards. Warding is a serious issue now:

1) Rubystone allows you to gain 5 wards everytime you go to base. Don't nerf it, get rid of it.
2) oracles limited to 5mins now? Add this to rubystone and you virtually eliminate FoW. No bush isn't safe if you are in lane. Basically, jungle is in a position that support used to be in, support is in a position that jungle used to be in influence wise.

Now, granted, this comes from one game won as Soraka, but I have to say, it is one of the easiest Soraka wins I have ever known.

EDIT: Also, lower tier games, this probably won't affect much. Lower tier people are just too excited to pay attention enough to ward. Unless of course their team tells them to.

Memenoch

12-05-2012

The new shop is to complicated. You fixed something that wasnt broken. I would imagine im one of your oldest players with thousands of games under my belt and of all of the things i have ever seen change over the years this takes the cake. I really think this is going to hurt league in a bad way. Dont change things just to change things and with the shop that was fine and the UI that was fine thats what has been done. You want to give people Options thats one thing. Give people the option to use the new or old HUD and i'll bet all of my characters, runes and skins more people go back to the old look and feel because you had it right the first time. A lot of changes can be made to league but whatever you do dont change the simplicity of the game. If pro players need a more complex shop give them the option but all it never needs to be is an option.

WarriorofSin

12-05-2012

Changes to the shop have completely altered the game. It is no longer the League of Legends that was so loved in Season 2. By changing just the store, one of the core functions has been taken out from what I see.
These are what I believe the core functions are of League: Movement, Attacking, Using Special Abilities, and Upgrading Your Character Quickly and Effectively.

The change in the format of the shop is a quick and easy getting used to, but the price changes make it take so much longer to build your character, not to mention the drop in the amount of money you get for any minion kills or champion kills. The increase to 16gold/10 secs doesn't compensate for the loss in gold from minions. I have played at least 5 games today, not to mention a few yesterday and even when I'm fed I can't even get a full build.

The quick paced building of champs no longer exists, and although one could argue otherwise I'd say that the removal and changes in attributes of items isn't helping either. A lot of the passives don't seem as effective in helping your character as the old items did. Was there a reason for the change in all these in game items? Because if you're doing the iterative process then you'd see through all the games that are played that the in game items that were originally there in Season 2 worked in a way that was compelling to players. Unless there is a reason to take things that were perfectly functional and working towards a great play experience out of the game, they should be put back in.

TheBinkyBurglar

12-05-2012

good job on new patch riot team!

Nywlez

12-05-2012

Love the changes. It would be nice if you could set up your own list of items for a character to replace the "Recommended list" in the shop.

I especially love the item changes. Game was stale and there were too many templates to follow. Now the majority of champions can make use of new build strategies. Sure, a few tweaks will be coming down the line to even out some imbalances, but in the long run I think these changes are great for the game.

Jungle changes are nice, but not enough. I firmly believe that games became too scripted due to teams requiring a Jungler to be optimal. I believe that 2 top should be a viable alternative and can't wait until they change the dynamics of Jungling enough for this to be the case.

Some people will despise change no matter what, but I for one believe this patch breathes some much needed fresh air into a scripted, stale game. It was almost like playing a brand new game the first time I started a match and attempted to purchase items.

TaNg ThE LeGeNd

12-05-2012

I hate it< it lags like a mother when i press p or go to buy item which never happened before patch. store is horrible compared to the last one. to me and many others this is not th eleague that i put my money into this is the dota that i dont want to play!

Demakya

12-05-2012

I see all of these positive comments.... Am I the only one EXTREMELY PISSED about this patch?

Tatewari

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demakya View Post
I see all of these positive comments.... Am I the only one EXTREMELY PISSED about this patch?
I'm going to say no. Out of all the games I have played since the patch, the only thing I have found this new update has done is take everything that was fine and flip it on it's head. Why did the shop change? Honestly it was simple before and now that they have simplified things I can no longer find anything, and to salt the wound they changed like 50% of the recipes. So now I can't find anything I want and when I final find it I notice i have to get so many other things that don't seem to make sense anymore. There should really be an option to change the shops back to the way they were before.