Preseason 3 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auguss

12-05-2012

Just get tanky champs that do damage and farm entire matches now. Twenty minute matches and surrender. Ideal picks for easy win is now Rumble, Maokai, Garen, Volibear, Blitzcrank, Chogath, Darius, Diana, Irelia, Lee Sin, Mordekaiser, Nunu, Renekton, Shyvana, Skarner, Yorick, and Wukong.

Any combination is a win now and its even easier to win than before if you picked any of these champs . .

Madreds Bloodrazors is gone! Easy mode!

They even removed to Tenacity items that were useless and were not worth buying considering the loss of either benefits of another item were greater to buy the tenacity items. No CC hard teams even have more a chance to win.

Tenacity needs to be reworked. As if you received a CC event all concurrent CC events are nullified for 2 seconds. CC hard teams are just steam rolling the community and now it will be even more prevelant.

kyousk3

12-05-2012

the old system of buying items and the interface is good but for me the new system like interface and buying the recommended items is not good and for sure old things will be better than the new ones

kyousk3

12-05-2012

and if u like the old system and the interface like this

Appull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

TO ANY RIOT EMPLOYEES
please pass this up as high as possible and all LoL fans who agree please pass this around.

League of Legends is the most played game in the world. That is truly an achievement and I'm very happy to know I'm part of that statistic. But why is it the most played game? It's a MOBA game, and there are other MOBA games, why aren't they? Why was it League? And that's a much simpler answer than it seems.

League of Legends is a much simpler and user friendly games. The large pictures, the bright colors, the ease of understanding. It draws in new players and becomes addicting to the ones who have played forever. I defend LoL constantly and have always had plenty to back up what I was saying when telling new people about it or fighting off "haters". But with this new update I have really lost most of my defenses.

I agree whole heartedly, I love the jungle changes, new items were heavily needed for the game. But changing the HUD(not sure if that is right), changing the camera angle, adding more active items and effects that heavily change the outcome of the game are taking it several steps to far.

To begin with the new HUD my health and mana and skills now take up to much of my screen, I'd much rather not see them than have them that huge. I'm a big mid player and now staring at the map is the only way to see an approach from the south side of the river, especially if you are purple or pushed up blue. But really I think that is a mix of the HUD AND the camera angle. I just played a game with anivia, and most my skill ranges go off the screen now if I am aiming below me. And anivia does not exactly have the longest range in the game, players who play Gragas and Lux must almost never be able to see their characters. And before anyone says it let me stop you now, I DO NOT PLAY WITH MY SCREEN LOCKED. I do however like to have my champion at least on my screen so I can watch all sides of me ESPECIALLY when I am being offensive. I was playing against an Oriana and was purple and could not harass because of the camera making it to dangerous.

One of the biggest things I always hear "LoL is just Dota" and I have always defended and explained the differences but making the item system, the health, the skills, etc. All look exactly like Dota killed any chance I will ever have of defending that. I was excited when I heard search bar, when I logged in and saw Dota I was very angry. My chat from that game, was certainly less than honorable. And I don't dislike it just because it is Dota, I dislike that system in general, I really do not like Dota, same as many many other league players, and the item system is a big reason. It LOOKS like it is easier to navigate but it really isn't unless you actually know what you are looking for. I loved the old navigation so much. Just a few clear bars and the section i wanted was few clicks away with a very very space eficent look. The item list did not clutter and the item was broken down in a helpful and non wasteful way with my recommends above. While I was learning the recomendeds above were very helpful as when I wanted to implement different items I could compare to reccomended items since they showed me kind of what this character needs and it made it easy to understand. having them as they are now separate and boxed and prices, it looks like clutter and doesn't exactly give the chance while in a game to read them and compare. Again yes I know it is possible to read items out of game and look up builds on mobafire. But most people (especially new people) are going to work with what is available in game, and will want to adapt a build of their own to their own play style.

The active items I do like having these options but I don't want them to ever get very powered or having big effects because LoL should not turn into a button spam game every team fight. So I'm not complaining on what is out right now really, it's more of please don't get carried away with this.

Now there are plenty of things I would like to praise about some of the new items and changes but you are going to get plenty of that from everyone else. I just wanted to make a constructed and thought out complaint/think about that could be heard and understood better than "This sucks" or "I hate the way this looks"

I love LoL I have been a die hard fan since I found it (around same time Ahri came out) and I don't want it to stop being LoL. I just really want Morello and all the other designers and developers to think about this. LoL made it for a reason, please keep that reason alive and well to keep people here and new people coming.

~Appull

Aureate Word

12-05-2012

Summoner spells useless now.

HaveSomeCookies

12-05-2012

Riots either 1.Trolling us or 2. Done goofed!

LordAndres96

12-05-2012

Opinion about the new purchasing system, it looks pretty good, but it's just that, only look good, since now buy and search for objects is more complicated, also try to understand the recommended building for a champion is much more complicated (for me to see the recommended construction helps me understand a bit the champion at the beginning or in need of such champion, even to find the object required). My opinion is to do a little more simple the system or return to the previous purchase. Other than that, the new HUD is equal, it looks great, but as I mentioned, it's hard to play at and dimensioned. Also (if not just me) is that I have problems with the HUD in general, especially with the store, always blinking, sometimes I can not see the objects and sometimes even the whole store away (I can not see anything) with this I find it extremely difficult to buy and read the description of the objects. All this didnt happened with the old HUD, everything was stable, I just say to try to fix the blinking because it's really uncomfortable, so would be enough "happy" with all new (more or less).

PD: What you say is absolutely true Appull, everything he says.

Riot please do something! not another game within the ordinary ...

Hellspawn745

12-05-2012

why take out Surge? I liked it on champs like Diana,Kayle,and Teemo it gave them Attack speed and more AP when they need it.

Boston George

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

MORELLO- i realy want to know who are all these players you guys keep saying are asking for big changes? you specificly said alot of players have been asking for along time, but forgive me if im wrong, but the only changes ive seen asked for come in 2 types. 1. people asking you to fix actual problems you caused by either making a champ so overpower/so nerfed its stupid. and 2. noobs bitc#ing about anything that beat them. and i meen anything. so did u yet again overblow trying to fix simple problems? or have u yet again caved to the noobs in the game complaining? i think both but would like to hear your response, which will never come

MerlinAmbroiss

12-05-2012

if riot really does look at the comments then i hope they realize they need to make some changes, or change backs. cause really, those of us that have been around for a long time find the new changes really bad. please remember, in the gaming world there are such things as redo.

sincerly,
hardcore gamer