Lane Sustain is a Little Obnoxious Now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nocturnes

12-26-2012

As a top lane main, regardless of the fact that everyone used to start with boots and three health potions, at least the lane then was fun (Season 1 and 2). The concept now of starting with the Crystalline Flask, a few wards, and pots galore is making the laning phase horrendously stale and unexciting because all efforts of aggression are now so easily remedied.

Vapeurs

12-26-2012

I have a feeling they will raise the price of flask. It gives too much early game for its price.

Nocturnes

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapeurs View Post
I have a feeling they will raise the price of flask. It gives too much early game for its price.
That would be a simple solution.

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Lol I was laning against an akali earlier today who started with a flask.

No mana? No problem. Heals as much as a pot, only faster.

Piggies Go Moo

12-26-2012

The balance of top lane in season 2 was far too reliant on the junglers... I'm not convinced that the current state of top lane is worse than then.

Twistana

12-26-2012

Funny thing is ...you're actually asking for the game to have less skill involved...

Burst combat = Noob city

Sustained Combat = Intense high skillcap fighting.

People that complain about sustain are really complaining about having to fight better players =( aw ... sad

KevinDelMarr

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mcburn View Post
Lol I was laning against an akali earlier today who started with a flask.

No mana? No problem. Heals as much as a pot, only faster.
You should see the 11 health pot, ward Akali start. Pretty awesome

Peggy

12-26-2012

i kind of agree. I'm one of those guys OP that come into lane with flask-7 pots and just camp my tower getting cs.

boring as hell but stupid amounts of effective

Nocturnes

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GankKs View Post
Funny thing is ...you're actually asking for the game to have less skill involved...

Burst combat = Noob city

Sustained Combat = Intense high skillcap fighting.

People that complain about sustain are really complaining about having to fight better players =( aw ... sad
This is the complete opposite of what is actually true. When boots/3 health potions was the standard start (I'll use top lane as my example), the match-up was more skill reliant because you actively had to make snap decisions on when and how to trade without taking too much damage in return because you didn't have all of the free sustain that's now available. As aforementioned, with the season three changes, the free sustain effectively lessens the skill dependence of a one versus one match-up because errors can be easily remedied through just popping a couple of pots.

Likewise, you're level 10 and I'm 1800+ elo so let's try to keep derogatory comments regarding skill level out of the discussion and keep it strictly on the issue at hand.

Fashbinder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Naw, the games just shifting from hard and fast pushes.

Super hard jungler ganks have slowed down.
More sustain in lane.

Late game I win characters got a buff, early game i dominate characters got nerfed.