Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How do you beat zyra in a 2v1 lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malothere

Recruiter

12-03-2012

Kind of a noob question but does anyone know why I'm getting owned in a 2v1 lane vs Zyra?

I play mostly Melee champions so that probably doesn't help but is there any strategy i need to use to win our lane against her?

AndersMMO

12-03-2012

You have to take the fight to her, and be decisive on engages.

Zyra's ability to 2v1 stems from her ability to freeze the lane with plants, ward brushes for safety, and effectively dissuade engages with her snare.

How do you beat that? don't let her freeze, kill her. Engage from 2 directions with gap closes, CC/slow and kill. I suggest champions like Jarvan, Wukong, Pantheon, Rengar, Lee Sin, Irelia, Renekton, etc .. you get the idea.

You need to create a lane that poses the issue of; Either let yourself get zoned, or die.

Think back to things like the JarvanLeona lane in SR, the reason it's successful is because as soon as you got hit by one CC, you were done. That's how you beat Zyra, you need to present a 1-CC-you're-dead ultimatum with your lane composition.

Sessamo

12-03-2012

^ this ^

Remember, they made Zyra's hp and movespeed pretty significantly below her competition to give her a weakness to engages.

Malothere

Recruiter

12-03-2012

Wow, that actually seems pretty easy. Ill take that into consideration when I'm fighting her next time.

Thanks guys

0ur0boros

12-03-2012

Also, just a little tip. Do NOT fight her in her plants. Lure her away. Her plants are her real source of power. I can't tell you how many times I have walked away from a 2 man gank on top because they let me use my plants to my advantage. You want to try and bait the seeds. You can spot a bad Zyra by whether or not she places her seeds before she casts a spell on them. A skilled one will lay them as the spell is going off so there is no time to avoid it. If she is laying those seeds, move away from them and try and engage from another angle.

AndersMMO

12-03-2012

Another just for fun tip if you want to 1v1 her; Nunu can consume plants...

doombotMECHA

12-03-2012

also, when you're capping an altar, leave one guy outside so that the enemy team doesn't get the perfect engage....just general idiocy i see in my elo

Malothere

Recruiter

12-03-2012

Thanks guys i really appreciate it.