Soloing Darius without a jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taoquitok

12-04-2012

You're forgetting to state that "the jungler decides to go mid/bottom because I have pushed top lane beyond the point of ganking".

Let darius push the lane towards your turret and then the jungler is more likely to gank. I jungle a fair bit and whenever a top (or any other lane) complains about me not ganking enough my response is one of 2 things
1. stop pushing out your lane and I will gank
2. there are 2 other lanes and they both are in a worse situation than you

People expect junglers to always gank without realising the complexities of playing a jungler. to play properly you not only need to control your jungle, but you want to counter jungle them (both small camps and making sure you know the timings of their major camps) and provide ganks where possible.

OrnyOrnyOrny

12-04-2012

As Garen, bait his circular axe swing, or if he pulls you, w>e then q him and run. If you successfully baited his axe swing, then Q him and back off quickly to avoid getting auto attacked. He will be silenced so you should be able to run out of range.

X4N4T05

12-04-2012

A lot of bruisers can handle a Darius if you get to him pre-6. Personally I find that Renekton my beloved crocodile absolutely wrecks Darius. It's all about the champ matchup. Burst hit-and-run is the ebst way to go, because the longer darius prolongs the fight, the stronger he gets.

Santisimo

12-09-2012

I absolutely wreck Darius in lane with Rengar, but with much practice and experience as I used to get destroyed by him.

I always start off with 5 pots and Cloth armor for more sustain against him, and spend the entire time harassing him, feinting (so that he prematurely uses his spin attack or his pull) then hitting him with a quick Bola or Q before running back again. Once you reach lvl 6, Darius will usually have a solid half of his hp left. Build up your Fero to 3, feint until he uses his grab/cyclone, then Bola > Roar > and Double Q for that quick burst. Quickly ignite him and pop your ulti, wait your ferocity to max out again and leap at him with another Double Q and he is guaranteed dead.

You'll shut him down for about the rest of the entire laning phase with that.