Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Soloing Darius without a jungler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samplon

12-03-2012

When i play as a melee champ on top lane against Darius, my junglers tends to leave the top jungle and play bottom jungle as soon as they see that Darius is in the lane. It annoys me so much when junglers do this. If i've been obviously set up for failure like this, what else can i do besides hugging turret and get outfarmed?

Thorston13

12-03-2012

darius is beaten by outsustaining him, don't engage him, just try to harass and farm.
That's about it.

Samplon

12-03-2012

Quote:
Thorston13:
darius is beaten by outsustaining him, don't engage him, just try to harass and farm.
That's about it.

In most cases, you can't harass darius as a melee. It's also difficult to try to farm when you have to be close enough to where he can pull you in.

Tha Dynamite

12-03-2012

K this is clearly a case of you only accepting what you want to hear. So let me just get it out of the way for you.

Darius is ****ing unbeatable. He is impossible to harass and impossible to out-sustain. You can't farm against him since he is just going to pull you.
He is the strongest. You are doing absolutely NOTHING wrong. He is just that ****ing strong that it impossible to conceive a way of beating him.

The guy just gave you perfectly good advice. But instead of even trying it, you just spout narrowminded junk. You just want people to come here to agree with you.

How about this. DON'T play a melee top with no ranged harass versus him. Have you thought of that? No because he is just too much to harass at range.

Ayame Kiyoshi

12-03-2012

Quote:
RamboRal:
K this is clearly a case of you only accepting what you want to hear. So let me just get it out of the way for you.

Darius is ****ing unbeatable. He is impossible to harass and impossible to out-sustain. You can't farm against him since he is just going to pull you.
He is the strongest. You are doing absolutely NOTHING wrong. He is just that ****ing strong that it impossible to conceive a way of beating him.

The guy just gave you perfectly good advice. But instead of even trying it, you just spout narrowminded junk. You just want people to come here to agree with you.

How about this. DON'T play a melee top with no ranged harass versus him. Have you thought of that? No because he is just too much to harass at range.

Fairly correct. If you WANT to play melee vs. Darius because you believe everyone's wrong, at least hug that damn tower. You'll lose ALOT of CS and exp., but if he tries to Apprehend you near the tower, he's gonna get hit by it. That's all. Learn ranged tops.

Etherimp

12-03-2012

Quote:
RamboRal:

Yorick walks into a bar..

...there are no counters.

Edit: In case I'm being too vague... Yorick makes Darius laughably easy. Throw E and W on him and run the opposite direction. If he somehow manages to get Apprehend on you, hit him with AA-Q-AA, and run the opposite direction while you spam E and W on him.

Oh, and Yorick does have counters... They just aren't Darius.

You could also try Kayle, Jayce, Kennen. A GOOD Teemo can pull it off too. I imagine Vlad would do all right.

Oh, also.. If your jungler is neglecting top, they're doing it wrong. When I see Darius top as a jungler I see free kills. He has no escapes.. at all. Force flash, return 1 minute later and procure kill. Easy mode.

ezzizle

12-03-2012

play gangplank. rush tabis. get double dorans. get giants belt. laugh at darius and win.

StrmCkr

12-04-2012

fiora top lane vrs darius

you have perry for his bonus damage attacks
a sterriod for attack/walk speed boast to get in and out of range.

bonus life gain per auto attack and its enhanced vrs champs = his passive negated

and your ult casts faster then his own and will put it on cd with out damage when timed correctly.

this only leaves him with aoe axe spin and a few auto attacks other wise his whole tool box directly hurts himself

and a side note most of you spells cast faster then darius,
pay attention to his animation if he going for the grab bonus damage enhanced attack, ass soon as u see the axe reach out you can drop perry down with out him seeing your animation and he takes the damage from the auto to follow it

ExecutionerK

12-04-2012

Jax beat Darius if you can hit level 2 first. Counterstrike prevent him to get those bloodstack on you for basically 3 seconds.

TheKonpaku

12-04-2012

Riven can beat or at least come out even vs Darius. It's mostly a skill matchup though. Minimizing his passive stacks on you is the key to trading effectively since that is where most of the damage will come from if you go all in. Freeze the lane at your tower and wait for Darius to waste his Q on minions, then go all in. Even if he pulls and slows Riven she can still hop back. Play safe, if Darius is denied kills he won't scale as hard as Riven can mid to late game with near equal farm. The main problem is that getting kills is stupidly easy as Darius with his ulti if he roams, so even if it is painful try to force Daruis to stay in lane with you. Keep him from getting kills in lane and you'll turn him into a one hit wonder late game. The same really applies to any toplane champions who can outscale Darius such as Irelia, Olaf, Rengar, etc.