"Everytime I lose, I didn't carry hard enough"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrend View Post
If a guy has 50 kills and his team has 3 assists, he did everything alone. Again, please go away. You're contributing nothing with terrible arguments and analogies. It doesn't destroy any argument, it just shows me you're never going to change or get better as a player and I'm better off avoiding you in any game I play
There you go making stuff up again. You assume way too many things. First you assume the guy plays alone. Now you assume I blame my team for losing, which I don't.
This leads me to believe you are more toxic than your are claiming to be. You seem very quick to jump to conclusions that benefit your ego, which is interestingly and ironically a different attitude than your first post is trying to put forth.

Bolby

12-03-2012

So being a masochist makes playing the game more fun? Interesting.....

Cosplay Pikachu

12-03-2012

I absolutely agree with OP

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimeyop View Post
you can't pretend to be nice while using the word "carry" it just doesn't work... OP, you sounded like an ass because of the usage of that single word
just remember... lane phase can't win games, lane phase can only lose games.
Pings, wards and coordination wins games.
If you go by that mentality, you don't carry games. you win WITH your team.
Man, I wasn't at home, just wanted to read the boards cause I'm on hold with some tech support. This post and this mindset made me log in, because wtf?!?!?!

So the term "carrying" has a negative connotation to you? I don't understand honestly. He can use whatever term he likes to say "leading". Leading, carrying, they mean the exact same thing.

If you're doing well, making good calls, and have your team following you... as support... you are carrying. You're keeping the map warded, you're directing the team to this fight or that fight, pinging retreats at the guy who wants to chase, etc etc.

To carry, you can't be an ass in game. You have to do well, and the team will naturally follow you. Just last night, my team was getting wiped out in team fight phase, but our twitch was doing AMAZING. I was playing Karma as AP mid, and instead of following my tanks like I normally do, I instead decided to follow this twitch. Me and him turned the game around together, and the team as a whole started to follow us.

Not because we nagged them, not because we really even said anything. But because we were doing well and nobody else was managing to do well. Our support was subpar, so as mid, I bought 2 stacks of wards and got vision on every god damn bush in their jungle. We proceeded to mop them up.

I didn't have to say anything, but I helped to carry that game, not with my score, but with my decisions.

I don't know why you are upvoted, just shows how childish people are about being "told what to do".

HIBILLYMAYSHERE

12-03-2012

What if it isn't your fault.

What if it isn't your teams fault.

What if it's the other teams fault.

What if they just wanted to win.

What if they did enough damage to kill you, over and over again.

What if you flashed and they flashed after you.

What if you had your team come and they dodged your CC.

What if they just plain beat you.

IS it really your fault?

Mysteins

12-03-2012

OP's point was to have that MINDSET. Not stating that its always true.

Dragonrend

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
There you go making stuff up again. You assume way too many things. First you assume the guy plays alone. Now you assume I blame my team for losing, which I don't.
This leads me to believe you are more toxic than your are claiming to be. You seem very quick to jump to conclusions that benefit your ego, which is interestingly and ironically a different attitude than your first post is trying to put forth.
You have 50 kills, the team has 3 assists. That means 47 kills were made by you ALONE, NO ONE ELSE THERE TO BENEFIT OR HELP. This is indisputable, cold, hard facts and numbers.

I'm not going to dignify this with a response anymore, now you're just being blatantly insulting.

MathMage

12-03-2012

Egad, all this controversial **** over an OP that boils down to "Take responsibility for playing better in every game, don't waste mental energy blaming your teammates."

Dragonrend

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Egad, all this controversial **** over an OP that boils down to "Take responsibility for playing better in every game, don't waste mental energy blaming your teammates."
Unfortunately a LOT of people want to blame others for their mistakes. It's like I said in the previous post, if you're 50/0 and your team has fed 70 deaths and only has 3 assists and you lose the game, there is absolutely blame on you for only snowballing yourself and not helping anyone else. No matter how good one's score is, it's teamwork and leadership that will win this, and one should strive to be the catalyst of that

Dragonrend

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIBILLYMAYSHERE View Post
What if it isn't your fault.

What if it isn't your teams fault.

What if it's the other teams fault.

What if they just wanted to win.

What if they did enough damage to kill you, over and over again.

What if you flashed and they flashed after you.

What if you had your team come and they dodged your CC.

What if they just plain beat you.

IS it really your fault?
If they plain beat you then it IS your fault. Your skill factor wasn't sufficient enough to win, so it must be improved