"Everytime I lose, I didn't carry hard enough"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigPatches

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrend View Post
Thank you, I made this topic because I wanted to share the mindset that got me to gold this season and got me a stone's throw away from gold last season (started ranked as a fresh 30, did bad, quit ranked, played it again less than a week before reset, climbed ELO and missed gold by 40 ELO by the deadline). Ignorant people de-railed the topic, but I just wanted to spread what I learned
I especially agree with this on the issue of MIA's. Like have map awareness... Go into every game assuming you aren't going to get MIA calls and win games.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

go 50/0/12
your allies go 3/70/3 on average

"I failed to carry hard enough"

Slothapus

12-03-2012

This deserves to be sticky'd! Seriously, this is so true. Thank you for showing the community really has respectable people.

Dragonrend

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
go 50/0/12
your allies go 3/70/3 on average

"I failed to carry hard enough"
You did, because you only got yourself kills. Go snowball THEIR lanes before it gets out of hand

I smurf Rain Man

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleorfeed View Post
the higher you go the harder it gets to carry
Not true

as you get higher the skill level of most players is about the same meaning you have to put in less effort overall to carry

just playing in general is harder at higher elo but carrying is easier

For example at higher elo someone may go 2/0 in lane and carry the game because of that while at low elo someone may go 15/0 in lane and lose
While it is much easier to get those kills they mean a lot less when youve got them

Layla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layorz View Post
I don't see how taking a mindset of blaming oneself for every loss will somehow correct the mistakes of other players on your team.
It doesn't. That's not the point. The point is that you can always do something better. The more influence you have over games, the stronger your chances are of winning in the long run.

The vast majority of players who complain about elo hell don't have a huge skill differential on their opponents. Ask any high elo player what playing against sub-gold players feels like (hint: think bots).

FrozenXylaphone

12-03-2012

Quote:
You did, because you only got yourself kills. Go snowball THEIR lanes before it gets out of hand
They got kills. Learn to read.

Davrel

12-03-2012

Quote:
This is the mindset I go into ranked games with. If I lose a game then I need to look at what I need to do better. Of course some games are uncarriable by anyone non-psychic and non-perfect, but keeping this mentality soothes any kind of rage I had for this game. If mid and jungle died to a countergank while I was top, I should have headed down there to help out/clean up. If the enemy mid roamed top and got a kill without a response, I should have been more vigilant with pings/mias/counterganking.

If you play every game with the mentality "I will only lose if I fail to carry my team, and that's MY responsibility", ranked becomes more fun and your ELO will rise much faster

It's never my team's fault, it's my fault. Raging at them will get me nowhere. I need to get better so I can carry harder, and that's the end of it.

EDIT: For the people that think carrying is 1 man army, that's absolutely ridiculous. Carrying means making plays around your map, getting the best environment for your team to succeed, snowballing, and making the right calls. If they ran into a bush and got ganked, I should have warded better, etc

EDIT 2: Score isn't everything. 6/0/0 can mean you only snowballed your lane, 2/2/7 can mean you snowballed other lanes and the team as a whole is stronger
if blaming yourself makes you happy go for it, but dont force your mindset on other ppl.

HybridLR1

12-03-2012

Original poster is completely right. Granted it's map awareness on both sides.

If you're the support and bot is losing because you're getting pushed back and the Jungler or Mid doesn't pop down to help and then say "Well bot fed that's why we lost..." that's bad play all together.

The game is a team game, but going into each game with each player focusing on being effective individually will greatly assist even a lame team comp. The players that just want kills or just try to shine with no regard to the state of the other players are the reasons why games are lost.

I smurf Rain Man

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
It doesn't. That's not the point. The point is that you can always do something better. The more influence you have over games, the stronger your chances are of winning in the long run.

The vast majority of players who complain about elo hell don't have a huge skill differential on their opponents. Ask any high elo player what playing against sub-gold players feels like (hint: think bots).
Look at this pro who can only play one champ telling people theyre bad

if anyone just played the same champ over and over forever they would reach plat
you have absolutely nothing to be proud of