"Everytime I lose, I didn't carry hard enough"

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayleorfeed

Senior Member

12-03-2012

depends on the elo honestly

the higher you go the harder it gets to carry

along with the fact that sometimes you get teammates so bad you cant carry them

there's 1000-1400 elo players criticizing op on his use of carry and how it does not apply, how soloq is a team game

you are wrong, soloq is who can carry that 1, 2 ,3 idiots the hardest


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caristinn

Member

12-03-2012

You can't carry a team game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonrend

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleorfeed View Post
depends on the elo honestly

the higher you go the harder it gets to carry

along with the fact that sometimes you get teammates so bad you cant carry them

there's 1000-1400 elo players criticizing op on his use of carry and how it does not apply, how soloq is a team game

you are wrong, soloq is who can carry that 1, 2 ,3 idiots the hardest
It is a team game, but one player can impact the team strongly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigPatches

Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrend View Post
This is the mindset I go into ranked games with. If I lose a game then I need to look at what I need to do better. Of course some games are uncarriable by anyone non-psychic and non-perfect, but keeping this mentality soothes any kind of rage I had for this game. If mid and jungle died to a countergank while I was top, I should have headed down there to help out/clean up. If the enemy mid roamed top and got a kill without a response, I should have been more vigilant with pings/mias/counterganking.

If you play every game with the mentality "I will only lose if I fail to carry my team, and that's MY responsibility", ranked becomes more fun and your ELO will rise much faster

It's never my team's fault, it's my fault. Raging at them will get me nowhere. I need to get better so I can carry harder, and that's the end of it.

EDIT: For the people that think carrying is 1 man army, that's absolutely ridiculous. Carrying means making plays around your map, getting the best environment for your team to succeed, snowballing, and making the right calls. If they ran into a bush and got ganked, I should have warded better, etc

EDIT 2: Score isn't everything. 6/0/0 can mean you only snowballed your lane, 2/2/7 can mean you snowballed other lanes and the team as a whole is stronger
+1. Amazing attitude. I wish I could give you honor for this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonrend

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPatches View Post
+1. Amazing attitude. I wish I could give you honor for this.
Thank you, I made this topic because I wanted to share the mindset that got me to gold this season and got me a stone's throw away from gold last season (started ranked as a fresh 30, did bad, quit ranked, played it again less than a week before reset, climbed ELO and missed gold by 40 ELO by the deadline). Ignorant people de-railed the topic, but I just wanted to spread what I learned


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeBonkers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Go Rock Lee on it (Please don't hate me because of Naruto mention )

If you lose....389574023475028349768274356508247065892734 6028975091287435083927504 Push ups.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Layorz

Senior Member

12-03-2012

I don't see how taking a mindset of blaming oneself for every loss will somehow correct the mistakes of other players on your team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonrend

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidSkream View Post
Go Rock Lee on it (Please don't hate me because of Naruto mention )

If you lose....389574023475028349768274356508247065892734 6028975091287435083927504 Push ups.
I love this because Rock Lee was my favorite character in the series


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonrend

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layorz View Post
I don't see how taking a mindset of blaming oneself for every loss will somehow correct the mistakes of other players on your team.
It doesn't, it allows me to prevent/make up for similar mistakes in the future.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oboros8

Senior Member

12-03-2012

I have the "If I can't 1 v 5 the enemy team I am going to lose" mindset before everygame


1234567 ... 8