[Champion Concept ver. 2.0] Shia, The Void's Timid Doppel

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackkat101

12-11-2012

Given you a quick answer on your thread moltres27, but now must get back to my own lore rework.

- Kat

Geraista

12-11-2012

Logged in just to give this concept a 2 thumbs and 2 toes up!!! Simply awesome! Now back to work I go lol.

blackkat101

12-11-2012

Thank you Geraista for taking the time to comment. It's always nice to hear that someone likes your work.

Alright, while I've not posted it yet, I think I've got the foundation down for my new lore. It will be up after I've check it over a couple of times (would like to catch any mistakes first so there is less for you all to go over).

On a different subject then lore, I'm thinking about adding an active to the Main Body's Q: Stay Away!

I like the passive that it gives right now and I don't believe I'd change that, but I might add something like this (I've put in bold the changes + mana costs and cooldowns) :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4b. Q: Stay Away!
Main Body's Q: Stay Away!
|_Range:_______| -________________|

(Passive Ability) All to keep people away from seeing her main body, Shia’s auto-attacks slow enemies by (6 / 9 / 12 / 15 / 18%) for two seconds. Stay Away! stacks up to 3 times.

(Active Ability) Pushing herself harder than normal Shia is able manipulate shadows to help constrict her foes. For the next 5 seconds, Shia's first auto-attack will deal triple the slow.
~ This passive ability only affects Shia’s main body’s auto-attacks. It has no effect on her doppel body.

~ When using the active, you have five seconds to attack the opponent before the effect wears off. The first auto-attack used will consume the buff and slow her target for triple the normal slow of Stay Away!'s passive.

~
Keeping with her timid theme, while Shia may possess greater power, she has no confidence in herself like this making this her best effort to keep people away.

~
While Silence is in effect on Shia, Stay Away! is silenced for the duration. Any slows already on the enemy champions last for the rest of their duration, however Stay Away! will not apply it’s slow until the Silence wears off.

~
Stay Away!’s slows can stack with each other up to three times. Using the standard slow formula, if one slow is currently on, a second slow will stack at 65% strength and the third will be at 35% strength. When applying multiple slows at the same time, they each have their own cooldown. With all of that considered, if Shia manages to hit 3 slows on her target, she would slow the target for 36% (found by 18% + 11.7% + 6.3% for each hit). Each slow after the third slow resets the first slow’s timer instead of adding a fourth slow. When using the Stay Away!'s active, the slow applied from the active will precedence over the other slows, giving it's full amount, while the passive slows will be applied as the second and third slows until the active's slow wears off.

~
The passive does not cost any mana like Ashe’s Frost Shot. This is because unlike Ashe’s Frost Shot, which can be used to kite since the full slow is applied for each hit, for Shia to build up the same amount of slow as Ashe’s Frost Shot, she needs to hit 3 auto-attacks.

~
Stay Away! cannot be toggled like Ashe’s Frost Shot.

~
There is no AD or AP scaling with this ability.

~
Stay Away! is an on-hit effect.

~
Does not proc Rylai’s slow.

~
Black Shield negates the slow.

~
Does not pop, nor is affected by Spell Shield.

~
Stacks with on hit effects.

=============================================

One of my friends thought that Shia was a little too helpless even with her powerful wall in her main body form. So I thought of this. Not sure about adding it in yet, but I've already done the balancing for mana cost and cooldown for a targeted slow of this strength. So the numbers should be right if it is to be changed.

What are you're thoughts? Should Stay Away! be left as is? Or would this be a welcome upgrade?

I still want to keep it so she has no damaging abilities on her main body, so no I will not be adding damage to something like this (a friend mentioned I should), but this I will consider.

- Kat

Tehrinite

12-11-2012

bump

blackkat101

12-12-2012

Bolded the changes in my last (so that it's easier to compare with the front page) as well as added extra info on how the ability works. Tweaked the mana cost as well as I felt it was a little to high for a spell that did not do any damage on it's own nor does it buff the damage of her auto-attacks.

Of course these changes are not made on the front page as I'm not sure if I want to change her Stay Away! to the the above post. Would like to hear some thoughts from others on what they think.

- Kat

blackkat101

12-12-2012

Well, while I wait to hear on thoughts from you all about Shia's Stay Away! ability talked about above, I thought I'd give some examples of the range currently listed for the doppel body to move around the main body.

To do so, instead of using Lux's ult like I did in the main post (will changed later to this), I'll be using Nocturne's ult. At level 1, Nocturne's ultimate has a range of 2000, just what we're looking for.

================================================== =====

Since I'm suggesting using Shia on the bottom lane, let's start there.
Attachment 573217
Here we have Shia sitting at her bottom turret. As explained in the Doppelganger ability, doing so will only allow her to reach half way to the other turret. If the enemy figures out her range, they can play keep away outside it and Shia would be unable to do anything.
Attachment 573218
Deciding to place Shia's main body in the center of the bottom lane will give her range to make it to both turrets, but make sure that the enemy doesn't realize the main body is there or you'll be in for a world of hurt. (evil evil oracles).
Attachment 573220
Sneaking behind the enemy is always fun. Getting to the tri-brush and summoning your doppel from there, hopefully you can confuse your opponents on where your main body could be. This allows you an escape when things look bad for your doppel (release to return) or you can tower dive from here as well to finish off your foes.

Changing tactics, you fell like Shia should be in center lane.
Attachment 573222
Leaving Shia's main body at the mid turret lets you make it a bit over half way to the other turret. This is because the distance between turrets in the mid lane are closer to each other than the side lanes.
Attachment 573223
Sitting in the center of mid lane would be dangerous as many mid champions have skillshots. You may have the range for your doppel there to move to either turret comfortably, but it leaves your main body in harms way.
Attachment 573224
In the river brush is one of the recommended areas to summon your doppel from as it gives you the range to move about your lane as well as vision on one of the rivers. This would make you harder to gank. If they come from behind you, release the doppel and run into the lane toward your turret. If they come from the opposite river side, release the doppel and you now have a huge gap between you two, just run the opposite direction into the jungle.

Attachment 573225
This last picture is just for fun. If your team is taking on Baron, you could place your body in the brush above him.

Liam Geegeeson

12-12-2012

Swap Reviews ? Although let me warn you my champions aren't nearly as in-depth or as thought out as yours.

blackkat101

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Geegeeson View Post
Swap Reviews ? Although let me warn you my champions aren't nearly as in-depth or as thought out as yours.
Hehehe, I spend waaay to much time on one champion (and I'm still spending more on her). But sure, I can do a review on yours and would love it if you did a review on mine. Trying hard to get some people to read my champion and comment/ask questions about her. Or at least tell me they like/dislike her, but you don't see much thumbs up/down in this section of the forum from what I've seen. I'd prefer a discussion over a thumbs up/down anyway.

Anywho, link me the champion or champions you'd like me to check out (depending how long my first review is I might do another).

In your review of mine, feel free to ask any questions you can think of. That or list any concerns about Shia that I or another person on the forum may have missed. This is the only way I can improve her as just using my eyes alone is a bit bias.

- Kat

P.S. If you don't feel like placing a new post, just place links to your champions in your post above. As much as I like being bumped you really don't need to bump mine for that. I'd prefer bumps to consist of new information, reviews and discussions so that this thread is full of relevant information instead of random bumps. Don't worry about me seeing your update, I over check this thread to a fault in hopes of seeing replies.

Liam Geegeeson

12-12-2012

Gil, the Gold Thief

Role: Melee, Mage, Assasin

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2220592

Vindictam, the Vengeful Summoner

Role: Ranged, Support, Mage

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=vindictam

Malik, the Bilgewater Brawler

Role: Melee, Mage, Carry

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ight=vindictam

I'll let you decide.

Okay let me just read your champion x)

Liam Geegeeson

12-12-2012

Okay so first of all, thank you for giving me a headache !! Haha only kidding. It was a long read, but definitely worth it. I probably don't remember all of the details, but I get the gist of it. Plus i'm not going through that labyrinth again x)

Personally, I think Shia is an awesome champion ! I have always liked doing things that are unique and different from the norm. If Shia was ever made into an actual champion, she would be the first to have a controllable double/minion that actually played a huge part in gameplay. The only other double I can think of that actually makes a difference in gameplay is Shaco. Other like LeBlanc or Malzahar with his little voidlings don't really do much.

Let's get down to Shia's abilities. Please note that i'm not very great at League of Legends and I don't know much about game mechanics. I'll try my best nonetheless.

Shia's Passive:

Her passive makes complete sense and works well with her other skills. So far what I understand from your champion is that Shia's main body is rendered somewhat useless by herself so this passive will encourage the player to make use of keeping her main body alive. It also encourages the player to make use of the Doppelganger's DPS.

Main Body's Q:

Okay I personally think any permafrost without any sort of penalties is too strong. Sure you need to land three auto-attacks before it becomes as strong as Ashe's but having unlimited slow is pretty strong. In League of Legends Crowd Control abilities are highly preferred and recommended - for good reason. However, I think you balanced this out with the fact that her only other form of CC has a very high cooldown. Even then, I think maybe this should be revised.

Doppelganger W:

Waltz in the Light seems like a reasonable skills. The low base damage matches the meta of most gap-closing abilities. (Oh and btw I love how you made her skills scale AP but deal physical damage. It really peeks my interest.) Also, naturally with only 2 nuke abilities Shia's Doppelganger should lose out in DPS even if she can do considerate damage with her auto-attacks. However because the scaling on her skills scale AP - which tend to scale higher than AD scalings - she balances out. My only concern is the cooldown scaling with level. I think it would make more sense to give one cooldown. Late game this skill could be game breaking with a cooldown of 5 seconds. It gives her invincibility time, with considerate physical damage. With enough DPS built through items, you could use Q + Mirrored Retaliation + Q for a total of 4 seconds of invincibility. With that much time you could easily take out a carry without losing out - not to mention it's Shia's main body that you want to target. I would instead give this skill a cooldown of 8 or 7 that doesn't scale with level.

Shia's Main Body W:

I'm not so sure I understand this skill so I'm not going to review it before I understand it. Here are my questions:

Let A = Ally Champion E = Enemy Champion and l = Wall.

This is the situation: A l E

So the the Ally Champion cannot be seen by the Enemy Champion because A is on the other side of the wall ? If an enemy is within the wall, does that mean they can't see anything at all until they walk out ? If the flee is not a fear effect, does it work like Hecarim's ultimate ?

If so, I think this skill works out fine in all its aspect except maybe revise the duration of the flee since 3 seconds is quite long. I'd say max 2 seconds.

Doppelganger W:

I'd like to think that this is way too strong as a base of 300 with a scaling of 0.7 makes for one hell of a nuke - not to mention that it reduces armor with scaling ! However, Shia really only has 2 nukes so might work out.. I still think it's way too strong especially with a cooldown of 7 seconds. Remember that the Doppelganger will probably end up being an AD Carry or Bruiser so her auto-attacks will be a main source of DPS.

Main Body E:

This is fine and makes sense with the gameplay and style that I assume you're going for with Shia.

Doppleganger E:

You can't change my mind. I will never accept this ability as it's basically Kayle's ultimate but better - and it isn't even an ultimate.

Ultimate:

Makes sense, I just don't understand 2 things:

What happens when the Doppelganger walks out of range ? How do you control both Shia and her Doppleganger ?

So overall I think that Shia is a unique champion with so much potential for itemization and a high skill cap. I think with her current E ability and the range in which her doppelganger can be way away from her makes Shia way too overpowered. Otherwise I think this is an excellent champion concept !

YOU GIMME DEM HEADACHES DOE !