Energy and Rage

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TCWA Tigerbite

12-03-2012

For energy, the only champion I've ever had a problem with is Zed. Sure you run out sometimes on Akali and Kennen and what not, but I think you should run out sometimes! But Zed...if you fail your assassin attempt, it sucks to be you.

Maviz

12-03-2012

I think a rage buff given to those champs would be ok and also with SOME energy champs. Lee sin and akali are already VERY strong picks. Zed could use it for sure and maybe Shen imo.

IIxeenoxII

12-03-2012

I would say Kennen but he has other issues besides energy starvation.

Lhyanc

12-03-2012

Renekton and Shyvana.

konfetarius

12-03-2012

Whatever problems Lee Sin/Akali may or may not have are not energy related. Lee Sin will probably not even feel an energy regen/capacity buff. Akali will just flat out do a lot more damage.

After playing Zed for a while, honestly, Energy isn't *that* big of a deal on him if you level W second and use his energy restoration mechanism. You are still completely and utterly screwed if you run dry, though. An energy buff would give him a lot of freedom in terms of poking and give him some leeway to do more damage in team fights early-mid game (late game, he kills or dies too quick for the energy stuff to matter).

DiscworldDeath

12-03-2012

Shen, his energy return scheme is so bad.

Shyvana is a bit meh, but I don't feel she's that fury reliant, honestly. She's just another bruiser.

Kennen could use some energy help.

Renekton and Tryndamere. Definitely. Rage makes you want to play them bot lane, but you shouldn't.

Selene29

12-03-2012

Akali
Energy return on main damage spell
[She is fine as long as one does not spam E]

Kennen
Energy return on passive and tank/initiate spell
[He is squishy at the beginning while his E engourages him to dive into the enemy team.
But he becomes better with levels and items]

Lee Sin
Energy return on passive and shield breaking
[If he runs out of energy the player simply plays him wrong and dont utilises his passive]

Shen
Energy return on passive and tank/initiate spell
[If the player misses his taunt he gets punished. Shen must chose between defense (shild) and damage (Q). Otherwise he is ok.]

Zed
Energy return requires good positioning of his shadow to hit something
[If the player places a bad shadow and dont get a energy refund, he can sign out and must autoattack (or run). But his spells become way more cost efficient with leveling them up. A buff would maybe put his mid/lategame damage over the top when he could spam his abilites]

Shyvanna
[Dont play her, no opinion]

Tryndamere
[From the patchnots: Fury decay now begins after 5 seconds from after 8.
Leaving the lane or hiding in a bush lets him become weaker and weaker.
You are literally forced to keep attacking something, till you have build a bit crit chance with items.
When you have enough attackspeed and crit he gets rage at a ok rate]

CarnivaL

12-03-2012

Kennen is the only energy champ that is lacking. He desperately needs CDR for his ultimate which throws the rest of his kit into chaos from energy problems.

One point to bear in mind is the cost of energy runes that prevents most people from considering them when they very well may be the solution.

Renekton and Tryndamere don't have rage issues. Tryn remains just as kiteable as on SR while Ren lacks both a late-game and decent itemization.

Sauron

12-03-2012

Akali -- No problem here.

Kennen -- Kennen's Energy usage feels balanced for this map. He can run out of Energy if he spams, but not if he paces his skills like he's intended to. His other numbers are a bit low, though. We both know he won't be buffed on his other numbers due to his strength on SR though, so he could stand to get an Energy increase.

Lee Sin -- No problem here.

Renekton -- He's strong at low level but has bad scaling and earlygame is over very quickly on Dominion. Maybe if he gained bonus Fury scaling by his champion level somehow, he'd be more viable here.

Shen -- Runs out of energy way too quickly in a fight. Even when "pacing" his skills he still falls quickly behind other tanks, in both damage and mitigation. Doesn't scale terribly well either. If he had more Energy, he'd be able to run the combos a lot more as necessary for this mode.

Shyvana -- The most viable of the 3 Fury champs, but that's not saying much as she won't be able to ult often even if she is bottom lane for more minions to punch. Like Tryndamere, I'd recommend double Fury on champion hits. She's severely lacking in top lane but is not unplayable.

Tryndamere -- I think if he gained double Fury on champion hits he'd be on par with other melees. Maybe a longer delay before it starts depleting, too. One of the worst champs on the map atm, you're basically punished if you try to go into a fight with 0 Fury but you have nothing to build it up on beforehand. He's a bit of a catch-22 as well, where you need crit chance to get fast fury, which grants crit chance itself, so you don't want more than 70%, which you probably already have from PD and IE and EC but still want more AS to make fury generation faster... yeah.

Zed -- Zed just runs out of energy instantly, can never have enough for the intended W and R jukes, and is often killed during his ult because he can't do anything. And that's not even going into his long CDs either. Poor guy is just really underpowered. I like his kit a lot, though.

Overall I think you could address Energy and Fury issues through the Crystal Scar Aura. The Fury is easy enough to address because all 3 Fury champs are underpowered due to bad scaling on it as a resource, but Energy might take a bit more thought as Akali and Lee Sin are fairly strong already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivaL View Post
One point to bear in mind is the cost of energy runes that prevents most people from considering them when they very well may be the solution.
I've tried Energy runes and they really don't help.

konfetarius

12-03-2012

Quote:
Unnecessary penalty. Mana champions get relics, mana regen aura, and items that are really good such as Frozen Heart. Being screwed by being forced into energy runes is not the solution.

I am actually curious why an aura energy buff was not considered in the first place. Golem Buff works on energy champions just fine. Literally the only champion that an energy buff has potential breaking is Akali because her damage output is actually gated by E's energy cost (Lee Sin would just have his skill floor lowered at the most). But we have Sweeper and nome is porting that Lantern item into Dominion anyway.....

123456 ... 7