Are tanks the new meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by powwder View Post
the reason why the meta is so important is because you are in a game with 4 other random people. because the meta is in place, i can join a solo queue and have a general idea of what i have to do and what others will do.
Lol? No. Not at all. Players were doing fine before metas were this concrete.

lastchancexi

12-03-2012

Support (kind of), Jungle, and Top have been trending more and more into tanky builds due to metagame shifts.

Junglers, due to being gold starved and NEEDING to put pressure on lanes don't have the gold to become strong enough to not be tanky.

Supports have the same effect. No support just builds damage.

While top gets enough gold to do damage, tanky has become really popular because with tanky items, you can PUSH all day and never die. CaoMei and Stanley both really showed how strong this whole build pure tank so you can shove all day and never die strategy was.

Dehorn

12-06-2012

lets hope not. i played Hon since closed beta and quit because of a tank meta. there was a 3-4 month stretch where everyone(including pros) would pick 3+ tanks and some heal/pushers. the ONLY strat was to group up around level 5-6 and push down towers because they couldnt die and you couldnt stop it... not fun.