Some thoughts

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killoton

Junior Member

12-02-2012

The game itself has many violent connotations, I.e the encouragement to kill which is not necessarily all that bad on parr which other games but one is encouraged to do so in a calm manner and while allowing for every enjoyment of a win, every player is forced to play under the shadow of the threat being banned for displaying any "negativity" whatsoever at events in the game. Not only that, the fact that a player can be silently and without cause reported for any misdemeanour by their team or the enemy over distinctly minor differences of play styles I.e "to aid allies at peril of likely death or not" is quite stressful as the constant threat of losing an expensive account because of vengeful reporting is making this game neuter its own excitement.

Reporting should be changed to open scrutiny on the accuser and the accused simultaneously. It's simply unfair to be reported and the only judgement which can be made is on the accused. In the current system, accusers accuse without having their own actions open for judgement, which may have had a negative impact on the accused player,

Simply, to avoid abuse of the system and over reporting, and vendetta reporting please alter the system as follows.

Suggestion: The report function must highlight the accusers and the accused and allow judgements to be made on both their conducts. This should prevent abuse of the tribunal system because someone who has displayed good behaviour can freely report if necessary but a player who is equally as guilty in a verbal tyrade cannot risk reporting as it raises scruntiny on their actions. This really does give power back to the players who abide to the summoner code.

Any thoughts on what I've suggested are welcome, and no I haven't been banned before.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetrologist

Senior Member

12-02-2012

I do not agree because most offences are visable in one way or another within chat logs and score. If the player is No guilty then they are pardoned, if you are unsure then you can skip the case entirely and let others decide the fate. I feel no pressure about being reported or banned and just play the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killoton

Junior Member

12-02-2012

I think that the points been missed. All I'm implying is the accuser should be scrutinised to ensure reports present a fair a reasonable case to the judge. If the accuser is guilty of breaking the summoner code, they should rightfully be punished.

Current system. Player A swears and curses at player B and reports player B. Player B is pardoned, no action is taken against player A.

Suggested system. Player A swears and curses at player B and reports player B. the two are judged and player A is punished for their wrongdoings.

An erroneous report is an easy option to get back at players who beat others in game because of the chance that they can be punished. The suggested system chance simply reduces erroneous reporting as it includes the accuser into the equation. Judge not lest ye be judged!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zkhar Runeclaw

Member

12-03-2012

This encourages toxic players to not report other toxic players. This will lead to less reports on said toxic players, and less chance for them to end up in the tribunal.

Quote:
Current system. Player A swears and curses at player B and reports player B. Player B is pardoned, no action is taken against player A.
It's up to player B and the other people witnessing the behavior to report player A.

In tribunal cases, many times the person up for judgement isn't the most toxic in the chat. This doesn't mean that the more toxic people weren't reported and up for their own tribunal cases too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoton View Post
I.e the encouragement to kill


Really?

Really?

REALLY?



Do you know how many games were 'banned' because of stupid people saying they were violent because videogames? Or that violent videogames makes people violent?

These people have no idea what they are talking about.


They use as basis ONE case were a kid, with MENTAL DISTURBS, found his father's gun and shot random people because he thought it were fun, after doing something like that on a video game (GTA).

Now, you thin it is fair to define what "violent video games" can do over kid, based on ONE SINGLE CASE OF SOMEONE WITH MENTAL PROBLEMS?


For me, the guilty one in this story is the kid's father, FOR LEAVING A LOADED GUN IN REACH OF HIS SON THAT HAD MENTAL PROBLEMS.


I don't have anything against people with mental problems. But if you leave a freaking gun with them, and let them play a game were you simply kill anyone for fun, then I believe it is not the game's fault in first place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetrologist

Senior Member

12-03-2012

I agree with Kinvara. When was the last time you saw a kid hopped up on magical powers, riding a wild animal, or with a supped up weapon going on a killing spree because they saw it in a game without a previously underlying issue?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrologist View Post
I agree with Kinvara. When was the last time you saw a kid hopped up on magical powers, riding a wild animal, or with a supped up weapon going on a killing spree because they saw it in a game without a previously underlying issue?
I ride a giant boar to work every day cus the video games showed me that i could.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killoton

Junior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoton View Post
I.e the encouragement to kill


Really?

Really?

REALLY?
You quote an incomplete sentence and there assume that this has anything to do linking video games with violent behaviour outside? Had you read the complete proposition you may have understood the argument with more clarity.

A system maintains itself well if it's open to effective scrutiny and seriously, currently the reporting system is entirely open to abuse by vindictive reporting without fear, for the chance that the accused is negatively impacted through a skewed tribunal system. One example is that the tribunal system instigates a punish or pardon option which automatically infers the guilt of the accused. It would be acceptable in the current form if it was a totally free online game, but although it can be played for free, people are often bullied with threats of reporting if they don't comply with what a single player commands.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoton View Post
You quote an incomplete sentence and there assume that this has anything to do linking video games with violent behaviour outside? Had you read the complete proposition you may have understood the argument with more clarity.

A system maintains itself well if it's open to effective scrutiny and seriously, currently the reporting system is entirely open to abuse by vindictive reporting without fear, for the chance that the accused is negatively impacted through a skewed tribunal system. One example is that the tribunal system instigates a punish or pardon option which automatically infers the guilt of the accused. It would be acceptable in the current form if it was a totally free online game, but although it can be played for free, people are often bullied with threats of reporting if they don't comply with what a single player commands.
except the reporting system is looked at. People have weight to their reports. If they report more falsely their weight goes down.

Also a couple of months ago they banned people who abused the report function and where toxic in their games for 7 days. So yes there are repercussions for false reporting.

Also games are pardoned if the person did nothing wrong (currently there is a group of trolls who are pardoning everything, which is leading to people who shouldnt be pardoned getting pardoned. At least IMO. )

riot has also stated that there are more ways to get banned then just by the leavebuster or tribunal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ferret View Post
except the reporting system is looked at. People have weight to their reports. If they report more falsely their weight goes down.

Also a couple of months ago they banned people who abused the report function and where toxic in their games for 7 days. So yes there are repercussions for false reporting.

.
Pretty much this.

If you report falsely then you get in trouble for it.


12