[Featured Discussion] Xerath's big problem

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Truckerchu

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujinmaru View Post
Dannamoth. The problem with Xerath, aside from needing 40% CDR to be effective at sieging, is that unless you rush cap into other big AP items, his Q will never clear a wave. That is a huge problem. It means if you get slightly behind with him, you will lose your lane (from a pushing standpoint) as the other mid can clear and roam, while you have to auto attack the minions to finish the wave. This is really problematic against popular champs like Ori, Ahri, Morg, pretty much any real AOE mid champ who can clear a wave with a full set of skills and leave to gank with little resistance from Xerath.
as someone who has played many games as him this is SO true. if his q had even slightly more base damage on it I dont think it would make him op but would make a lot of people realize his potential.

Marsvoltian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

What if landing the E stun reset the Q or reduced its CD?

CustomJustice

12-03-2012

Xerath's alright, his ult is unique as you can get enemies trying to run away and you get 2 more chances to strike them if you miss the first one and what's cool about it is you get like 12 secs to cast it all out. Haha. The stunning move is pretty badass but when you reach people who move around faster or vayne who dashes around you're pretty much screwed and what sucks even more is you don't have an area skill, so you're **** in the laning phase. I have to agree with that. You're almost like a support/kser with your skills. lol. 2+ v 1 Xerath is a no no.

plasmatorture

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

As someone who loves Malz I really want Xerath to be picked more often so I have an excuse to use Malz.

There's something so wonderful about Locus of Power...

Jace77

12-03-2012

How does having armor help Xerath at all...

and the e + q combo is so unrewarding to successfully land outside of teamfights.

my two complaints about one of my favorite champions.

Phil Nye

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace77 View Post
How does having armor help Xerath at all...

and the e + q combo is so unrewarding to successfully land outside of teamfights.

my two complaints about one of my favorite champions.
Mostly later in the game so that you don't get instagibbed by a bruiser or assassin and have enough time to throw a stun combo (tbh you should be using your ult on top of an initiation by someone on your team to hit people in teamfights anyways), and I feel that if the S3 changes bring more relevance to AD caster/assassins like was speculated, then this passive might be a little more useful.

It's not huge, but it's not among the worst. Admittedly it would probably be stronger on someone else.

MrHaveANiceDay

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee22 View Post
I find this long range mage alot of fun to play but his main mechanic is quite frustrating to me. Once i hit level 3 i can land an e,q combo for a 1 second stun which i wish to be able to take advantage of. Then i realize hey its another 7 seconds before i can actually do any more damage. This is extremely frustrating since that combo is actually relatively easy to dodge and i personally feel as if i'm not being rewarded for landing the difficult combo since i have no follow up damage. Once you hit 6 yes you do finally have follow up damage with your ultimate bt no matter what i do or how i build him i never seem to be actually able to kill someone. I unload every spell i have on them then they walk away with about 1/4 hp left. I just find that his cooldowns are that of a burst mage yet the dmg is paralleled to a sustained dmg mage like a karthus q. Giving him no kill potential and never actually being able to accomplish anything in the laning phase of the game, even though I'm landing combos
I'd be interested in seeing his E debuff also applying some form of cooldown bonus for landing it, or some other iteration:

-E is turned into a an AoE-target spell (rather than a targeted ability). Enemies in the center receive a debuff for a 1-second stun, enemies on the outer edge receive a debuff for a .5-second stun. With some number tweaking it would make him seem much more like an 'artillery' mage, throwing out more AoE's and 'bomb-like' effects.

OR

-Proccing E reduces the cooldown of your Q by X seconds (1 or 2). With CDR, you can get rewarded for landing the Q with an 'extra' Q in your teamfight rotation.

Phil Nye

12-03-2012

tbh Q is already on a really low cd (gets down into 3 seconds very easily with any decent amount of cdr). If anything, he could do with some utility, like being able to stun more than once for a non-extended teamfight. Maybe reduce the CD on E for a successfully procced E? Then again, that even feels iffy on how effective that could be.

USnip

12-03-2012

do they just randomly sticky threads?

Adderx3

12-03-2012

i think they sticky threads that are important to them