[Featured Discussion] Xerath's big problem

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayleorfeed

12-03-2012

its fun killing someone thats under turret from over a wall

KiteAzure

12-03-2012

Dont you think xerath would be unfair thanks to his passive giving 40% m pen at level 5?

LightEntite

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee22 View Post
I find this long range mage alot of fun to play but his main mechanic is quite frustrating to me. Once i hit level 3 i can land an e,q combo for a 1 second stun which i wish to be able to take advantage of. Then i realize hey its another 7 seconds before i can actually do any more damage. This is extremely frustrating since that combo is actually relatively easy to dodge and i personally feel as if i'm not being rewarded for landing the difficult combo since i have no follow up damage. Once you hit 6 yes you do finally have follow up damage with your ultimate bt no matter what i do or how i build him i never seem to be actually able to kill someone. I unload every spell i have on them then they walk away with about 1/4 hp left. I just find that his cooldowns are that of a burst mage yet the dmg is paralleled to a sustained dmg mage like a karthus q. Giving him no kill potential and never actually being able to accomplish anything in the laning phase of the game, even though I'm landing combos

sit back and farm earlygame

Xerath's lategame power is ridiculous. He naturally builds Armor, naturally gains Magic Penetration, and has ridiculous range and a stun to boot.

You're able to stack AP on him without worrying about anything the whole game. He's like an AP Malphite except not a tank. He can just do ****, and theres nothing you can do about it.

OrnyOrnyOrny

12-03-2012

Oh wow, so Xerath is finally getting some attention. This is relevant to my interests. I wish I had something helpful to add to the conversation but I'm so drained.

Anyway, best of hopes for the Magus Ascendant

PredatorTypeR

12-03-2012

His passive doesn't give mpen, its his W that gives mpen. A lot of the s3 items have ap and mpen nerfs to balance them back out, we'll see if xerath gets the same treatment.

Livin4Jesus

12-03-2012

I have to agree. And with his ridiculously high price, it makes it even worse. I was extremely disappointed with him. I bought him with my own IP (6300) that I had saved up for ages. Bought him, sucked. Veigar is by far a much better champion, and much cheaper. I'm just keeping Xerath in case they buff him up. :/

Marzbar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
The play pattern that I have success with is using Q to harass in lane without focusing on getting the stun off. I usually only pick up a kill pre-6, without jungle help, if my enemy makes a mistake of staying after I land 3 Qs. If you have a jungler that is paying attention to your lane you can utilize that to score a kill before you're 6.

For runes I usually use mana regen per level yellows, spell pen reds. I then vary between flat AP quints/blues and MS quints/MR blues.

build is most frequently: boots+3 pot -> double dorans -> sorc shoes -> Haunting Guise -> death cap.

I fancy Xerath myself,but havent thought of running mana regen yellows. I guess it makes sense to choose those over armor because of his passive but earlier on it would help against enemy AA and minions attacking you in lane.

I will try out your build and see if i like the early haunting guise/ sorc shoes, because i like going double dorans -> hat unless i notice the person i am laning against has little to no mr in which case i get early sorc shoes.

In your opinion is early Haunting Guise worth delaying Hat for the extra mid game power?

Azihayya

12-03-2012

D-P-Zz-Ds..

Oboros8

12-03-2012

Dannamoth please tell me as a fellow Xerath player that you agree that his passive is worthless and doesn't fit his style at all it promotes bad position if anything.

Marzbar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee22 View Post
Once i hit level 3 i can land an e,q combo for a 1 second stun which i wish to be able to take advantage of.
Yea i agree with you on that, when i do manage to land the combo all im rewarded with is one to two extra AAs.

Also for kill combo i try to whittle them down with Q's in lane and (preferably) W for Locus and hit them with E -> R -> and land a free Q on the stunned enemy -> R -> R,ignite for the kill. Early on (Around levels 6-7) if the enemy has some magic resist and you have either 1 or 2 dorans you can probably land that combo for the kill.

12345678 ... 14