[Featured Discussion] Xerath's big problem

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vailus

12-04-2012

I dunno i think hes still good in laning, but i just play xerath really passive in lane and just harass with q, or turret mode Q then turret off, it a pretty safe harass distance.
then once i get 6 I try to roam to bot lane mostly to hopefully get a kill. but majority of the time i just play passive until we begin a team fight.

F r

12-05-2012

I've read this entire thread and I would like to toss in my opinion on Xerath.

Xerath's full burst is insanely, insanely strong
Xerath's mobility is absolute ****, I sometimes don't even take flash because it won't save me I'd rather take cleanse and finish dropping my ultimate
Xerath's passive doesn't sync with his laning
Xerath's damage is reliant on his ultimate

The two biggest problems about Xerath: his lack of escape and his over-reliance on his ultimate.

A lot has been put into the discussion of his ultimate, so I will discuss the escape. Every "very" viable mid (Orianna, Gragas, Ahri, Anivia, Karthus) has a super utility and a pretty good escape (or non-escape for Karthus). Ahri does scaling true damage, Anivia has her wall and her egg as somewhat of an escape, Karthus is a farm monster is and invaluable in teamfights, Gragas and Orianna both have displacement ultimates. All these other AP mids (Xerath, Malhzahar, Veigar) lack this heavy utility and escape.

One way to buff Xerath and increase is popularity, give him more damage... Most other of the APs in the "not very viable" category have a full set of damage spells; Xerath has the highest scaling, yes, but no one looks where the load is: 3 casts of his ult. His W could amplify his next few attacks, but I find this is rather overpowered as he already has the magic pen. Another could be to make his W an escape on top the utility, albeit a very bad one. I am thinking an AoE pushback, like Syndra, or a shield while he is in Locus (Or double his passive and apply his passive to MR and double it) and keep it up while he has his speed boost.

jrfnlm508

12-05-2012

the problem with xerath is you need a good team to be behind you or you just poke without purpose, i love how xerath can start fights so well catch carries, hit people in the back with safety, but you just need a good team because hes not the type of champ that bursts extreme high, not a snowball champ

ShadowOfNothing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

His damage cant really be buffed much due to his insane range, its kind of like a siege tank in star craft. You support other units unless you have multiple tanks, and in LoL you cant have more than one xerath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangoFongo View Post
I always thought xerath was really strong and a stable pick. didn't they ban him at a tournament?
There you always have team work, but try getting a team that will work together in solo queue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8n00NYLraw

... nuff said!

progenity

12-05-2012

I always thought xerath was really strong and a stable pick. didn't they ban him at a tournament?

Numbers

12-05-2012

Friend of banshee22... this post was made before he learned the proper build of the champ.. It's scary what he does now

Numbers

12-05-2012

bump

Phil Nye

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by colbyp212 View Post
Friend of banshee22... this post was made before he learned the proper build of the champ.. It's scary what he does now
Lemme guess, RoA/Rylais rush?

Good to hear he found something that does work for him now, if this is true.