Is Cass a good soloQ champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NapalmBrain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

she is good in games with less aggressive junglers. Due to her only escape being based off landing your q. But her dps output is insane, her ultimate can singlehandedly win games, and her list of poor matchups mid is small. I think she is worth playing and one of my all time favorite champs. i'm a hipster cass player I played her before she was cool :P. Back when her E wasn't as reliable and her ult had a crazy weird hit box

Legendary Cookie

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Cyrus7 View Post
Cass ult is one of the best for team fights, but team fights rarely go as they should during solo queue. Still, she's a very good pick even for solo.

So many people have been QQing about Diana (much like Darius) that I'm also looking for a new mid, I main mid as well. I'm afraid if she gets nerfed she won't be viable at high levels of play, a good team already shuts her down very hard considering she dives in with no escapes and her only CC pulls enemies towards her. There is flash but that's being nerfed and has a long CD even now. Not to mention there are some really good counters to her and as a bonus in season 3 some main items in her build are getting heavily nerfed. If she gets nerfed on top of the item and flash nerfs, she won't be viable as a tourney level pick.

The reason I didn't already pick Cass myself is because of my first comment... she's excellent for team fights but people in solo queue run around like headless chickens.
Diana nerfs are unfortunate, but they're necessary. She may not be OP, but stomping in soloQ is way too easy when playing as her versus a ranged mage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnu DOW View Post
Cassiopeia is my favorite champion and I do quite well with her in solo queue.
She's doesn't have as many bad match-ups as a lot of mid champions which is really nice (tho avoid lux) and she has amazing scaling and consistent damage output if you play her well. Not to mention a a huge aoe nuke ulti that can stun.
A few other factors a lot of people neglect to mention:
She's a great mid for getting early dragons since she does consistent damage as opposed to burst
Unlike most mages she doesn't need cdr at all
She also has 2 skills that can check bushes
Most of the Luxes i meet are horrible, so i think i'll be able to handle them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinster37 View Post
why is everyone a damn mid main, just saying
I'm horrible at farming, which leaves out ADC.
I find support boring, plus its not very viable in soloQ. For carrying, at least.
I can't seem to find a good balance between ganking and farming when jungling, plus it's not that fun.
Top is too gank heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiteAzure View Post
Cass is pretty special but if judging by the champions you play now I think someone with melee ranged is good for you like kass and akali. I actually am pretty biased towards melee ap champions so I dont think my post would help >+<.
I don't like Akali. At all. I've tried her.
Kass is too easily countered, plus he gets banned alot.

Legendary Cookie

12-03-2012

Bumpsies.

Alamandaros

12-03-2012

Ironically I feel as if Cass is one of those champs that can shut down a Diana mid. She's always been extremely strong at punishing melee and close-range champions because they have no way of last-hitting without setting themselves up for her harass combo. Pre-6 Cass should roflstomp all over Diana. Post-6 if Diana engages on Cass, Cass can just ulti her.

Jesus Jon

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bag View Post
Careful for the hard counters, you really don't want to end up against champions with a lot of mobility they will completely destroy you.
I used to play Cassiopeia a lot.

Then I played one game not too long ago with her against an Ahri and went something like 1/9/*. She was particularly savvy in that whenever she would fire off a skillshot, she would look slightly away. I can't tell you how pissed off I was that the few times I was able to ult her, she wasn't stunned and would just dive me afterwards for wasting it, knowing that it was going to be impossible for me to land my Q while she dashed all over the lane.

High mobility champions will make you cry.

Somohexual

12-03-2012

Cass is still easily one of the strongest APC's in the game.

- Insane DPS
- Spammy (low CD's)
- Lots of AoE damage
- Incredible farmer
- Incredible harasser
- AoE hard CC that hits like a truck
- Very good at kiting

- Very squishy
- Ult has a short range
- You'll die if you're initiated on (no "hard" escapes)

Legendary Cookie

12-04-2012

Bumpie

Legendary Cookie

12-04-2012

Bumpers.