Is Cass a good soloQ champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legendary Cookie

12-03-2012

I'm a mid main, and my mid champs are Diana and Fizz. I used to main Fizz, but i found him too inconsistent, so i moved over to Diana (I played Diana mid before it was cool :P). But then, 2 weeks later, everyone found out about her... And now she's going to get nerfed.

So now i need a new champion to play mid. I was thinking Cass, because i've hear she's high skill/ high reward. I was thinking Gragas as well, but if i mess up his ult, it has big impact on the game.

Should i go with Cass, or are there better soloQ champs?
Also, i'm horrible at farming. Is Cass hard to farm with?

Glitter Gem

12-03-2012

Cassi is probably my favorite champion in the entire game, but I can't use her to the efficiency that I would like to. She has very high damage, farms very easily, pushes lanes very easily, gets rewarded for spamming her spells, and has some cool utility. I find her pretty faceroll if you get far enough ahead.

Zakamaru

12-03-2012

Diana has always been a strong pick. Tanky AP assassin with 900 range targeted gap closer? Yes.

Cass is good. Her ult is a teamfight changer.

Tizjiz

12-03-2012

Cass very very easy to farm with and harass with.

KiteAzure

12-03-2012

Cass is pretty special but if judging by the champions you play now I think someone with melee ranged is good for you like kass and akali. I actually am pretty biased towards melee ap champions so I dont think my post would help >+<.

Vinster37

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

why is everyone a damn mid main, just saying

Captain Bag

12-03-2012

Careful for the hard counters, you really don't want to end up against champions with a lot of mobility they will completely destroy you.

Vishnu DOW

12-03-2012

Cassiopeia is my favorite champion and I do quite well with her in solo queue.
She's doesn't have as many bad match-ups as a lot of mid champions which is really nice (tho avoid lux) and she has amazing scaling and consistent damage output if you play her well. Not to mention a a huge aoe nuke ulti that can stun.
A few other factors a lot of people neglect to mention:
She's a great mid for getting early dragons since she does consistent damage as opposed to burst
Unlike most mages she doesn't need cdr at all
She also has 2 skills that can check bushes

Neo Cyrus

12-03-2012

Cass ult is one of the best for team fights, but team fights rarely go as they should during solo queue. Still, she's a very good pick even for solo.

So many people have been QQing about Diana (much like Darius) that I'm also looking for a new mid, I main mid as well. I'm afraid if she gets nerfed she won't be viable at high levels of play, a good team already shuts her down very hard considering she dives in with no escapes and her only CC pulls enemies towards her. There is flash but that's being nerfed and has a long CD even now. Not to mention there are some really good counters to her and as a bonus in season 3 some main items in her build are getting heavily nerfed. If she gets nerfed on top of the item and flash nerfs, she won't be viable as a tourney level pick.

The reason I didn't already pick Cass myself is because of my first comment... she's excellent for team fights but people in solo queue run around like headless chickens.

Zakamaru

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Cyrus7 View Post
Cass ult is one of the best for team fights, but team fights rarely go as they should during solo queue. Still, she's a very good pick even for solo.

So many people have been QQing about Diana (much like Darius) that I'm also looking for a new mid, I main mid as well. I'm afraid if she gets nerfed she won't be viable at high levels of play, a good team already shuts her down very hard considering she dives in with escapes other than flash which is being nerfed. Not to mention there are some really good counters to her and as a bonus in season 3 some main items in her build are getting heavily nerfed.

The reason I didn't already pick Cass myself is because of my first comment... she's excellent for team fights but people in solo queue run around like headless chickens.
That's the hard part. How many teams actually work together and shut her down? People in solo queue, like you said, run around like headless chickens.