Summoner's Rift Purple Side.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

For what it's worth, I toggle my lock. I also obsessively check my minimap and play primarily melee characters. I unlock in order to check on things and so forth.

The problem is, the default option for the game is locked camera.

Anyway, despite me playing both locked and unlocked camera, you'll notice that I'm the first reply to the OP and I'm advocating unlocked camera.

There's nothing wrong with locking your camera, and I do wish you could flip the HUD, but if you're playing with a lock camera, you have no room to complain about any purple side disadvantage, because it's a disadvantage you're giving yourself.

TheOneGE

02-12-2013

Locked camera should not have to be a disadvantage, it's a play style choice, but the people who choose it are disadvantaged from purple side. For some people it's easier to have the camera follow your champion and show you what's happening in your AO. I was glad to see the implementation of hold clicking the minimap for quick unlock but that's beside the point. If you're more comfortable with a locked camera you shouldn't have to feel disadvanttaged just because of what side of the map you're on. I've played locked and a bit of unlocked and everytime I played unlocked I felt out of my comfort zone to the extreme on both sides. However, yes, if you're used to playing with unlocked you can consider both sides to be "even" and that works for you, but you aren't the only type of person playing the game. It's not like Riot added the locked camera just for giggles.

Tl;dr Playing unlocked doesn't make you any better, and purple side is a b***h for people who play locked

Necroing

03-09-2013

Purple team is pure garbage. It's 2013 and Riot can't fix the camera view to make it look the same as blue side which is really sad. I never play Aram's or blind pick because of being on the purple side. I play with an unlocked camera however it's just plain nonsense where I can't see that far ahead on my skillshots. If I end up landing on purple I always pick support. In draft pick I'll que dodge second pick most of the time and in proving grounds I always go team 1. I played Ranked in Brazil making it to gold however I stopped because of this new league system and the fact that que dodges means league point loss. However according to this new update 03/07/2013 if you don't pick a champion, everyone gets kicked out of que and it doesn't count as que dodging. This will make me play ranked and stick to first pick(blue side).

Ill Darkistino

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
I've played 2,563 games of League of Legends. Of those, I'd be willing to bet there are about 50% on purple side. So I've played around 1275 purple side games. They feel no different from blue side, and they didn't when I began playing this game either.

The main reason I felt no difference is because I was a DotA player before I played League. I never dealt with the crutch of playing with locked camera. I had learned in DotA how to deal with camera control along with everything else.

So my advice to everyone having a nerdgasm over purple side being changed: Man up and learn to play in a better way. Riot shouldn't need to cater to a small subset of people who can't handle moving their camera along with playing the rest of the game when the vast majority (do you see high level players complaining about the camera?) of us don't have a problem. It's a free game. You're not entitled to anything. Learn to fix your imagined problems instead of expecting Riot to make a massive change to the game so you can continue being mediocre.
The ability to mirror the camera shouldn't be such a massive change. While Riot doesn't have a change anything in the game based on the community, it would be in their best benefit to make the players happy, because happy players play the game more, and buy more RP. I don't see how this would so difficult to implement.

Coolh4x0r

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
The main reason I felt no difference is because I was a DotA player before I played League. I never dealt with the crutch of playing with locked camera. I had learned in DotA how to deal with camera control along with everything else.
DotA players UNITE!!!
but honestly, playing with unlocked camera is better. the map awareness it gives wins games. i only play with locked camera when i'm playing on my laptop without a mouse. try using unlocked camera with a touchpad XD

My Name

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextrocasual View Post
I would definitely agree that there is a disadvantage to being on purple side. I play mostly with locked screen, but I am working on playing without it locked. It's very challenging though during those moments when you go between aiming a skillshot in an unlocked screen to moving outside of the camera's view. It messes with me hard. Basically if I am adc or mid I have to play a lot more conservatively on purple side with my screen unlocked which is really annoying at least and adds a bit of stress to my game. Having the mini map, spell icons and all that other stuff at the bottom of the screen can really mess with my skillshots.

Blue side is 150% easier to land skill shots and cs. Though I hadn't thought about it that dragon is easier to get to for purple side. I guess that's one pro. But then again baron is easier to get to for blue... so, yeah.
You can just scale down the UI because you don't even really need to see your spells and items...

Suhket

03-29-2013

I have also thought about this a lot. The problem with that would be certain bush placements would be off along with other little things. I would place my vote for switching the minimap spells and player stats to be placed at the top of the screen completly freeing the bottom of the screen.

Linkmiguel

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryskie View Post
I feel that between the purple and blue side that Blue side has the advantage solely because the camera angle is catered to it. Would it be that hard just to mirror the sides? Possibly if Riot does mirror it atleast make it option for the people that like it the way it is. Plus I feel if Riot does mirror it that it will make it more fair. Everytime I play purple side I always feel that i'm at a disadvantage. If anything mirroring the camera angle will give a freshness to the long time players like myself. I'v been playing for maybe 2 years? I know i'm not great at the game but its still fun and would be even more fun if half of the games I play aren't me at a disadvantage.
yep when I started playing I felt that too, but with time u get used to it and purple has some advantages too I will say is even, by example if u are bot u have to ward tribush and river for ganks but if ur purple most of the time river its ok

Nearly

03-29-2013

The purple side has many flaws. Small things are that you cannot buy from the shop at the far right side on the platform as you can on the far right side of the blue side.