Summoner's Rift Purple Side.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryskie

12-03-2012

I feel that between the purple and blue side that Blue side has the advantage solely because the camera angle is catered to it. Would it be that hard just to mirror the sides? Possibly if Riot does mirror it atleast make it option for the people that like it the way it is. Plus I feel if Riot does mirror it that it will make it more fair. Everytime I play purple side I always feel that i'm at a disadvantage. If anything mirroring the camera angle will give a freshness to the long time players like myself. I'v been playing for maybe 2 years? I know i'm not great at the game but its still fun and would be even more fun if half of the games I play aren't me at a disadvantage.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

1. Unlock camera.
2. ???
3. Profit.

GFireflyE

12-03-2012

purple side rules!

harder for your team to be targeted.

Aureline

12-03-2012

Purple side has better access to dragon. You can make an attempt and back out pretty easily.

I understand what you're saying about the camera angle, but most experienced players counter this by leaving their camera "free" rather than locking it, which is something I admit I'm working at myself. (:

PrfsrChaos

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryskie View Post
If anything mirroring the camera angle will give a freshness to the long time players like myself. I'v been playing for maybe 2 years? I know i'm not great at the game but its still fun and would be even more fun if half of the games I play aren't me at a disadvantage.
How does always playing the same side give you more freshness in the game? I would suspect normally people would say playing one side forever would give you less freshness.

Frankly if you worried about enjoying the game and getting better it shouldn't matter what side you're on. You may have been playing the game for two years, but the more often you play the game the less you notice the sides...I don't know where everyone keeps saying there's a disadvantage.

Dextrocasual

12-03-2012

I would definitely agree that there is a disadvantage to being on purple side. I play mostly with locked screen, but I am working on playing without it locked. It's very challenging though during those moments when you go between aiming a skillshot in an unlocked screen to moving outside of the camera's view. It messes with me hard. Basically if I am adc or mid I have to play a lot more conservatively on purple side with my screen unlocked which is really annoying at least and adds a bit of stress to my game. Having the mini map, spell icons and all that other stuff at the bottom of the screen can really mess with my skillshots.

Blue side is 150% easier to land skill shots and cs. Though I hadn't thought about it that dragon is easier to get to for purple side. I guess that's one pro. But then again baron is easier to get to for blue... so, yeah.

DTxKelsy

12-03-2012

True this.

Skumbag Ryan

12-03-2012

Riot just needs to let you put the HUD on the top.

youmadbroimnasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

There is no advantage learn how to play unlocked

adc

12-03-2012

I've played 2,563 games of League of Legends. Of those, I'd be willing to bet there are about 50% on purple side. So I've played around 1275 purple side games. They feel no different from blue side, and they didn't when I began playing this game either.

The main reason I felt no difference is because I was a DotA player before I played League. I never dealt with the crutch of playing with locked camera. I had learned in DotA how to deal with camera control along with everything else.

So my advice to everyone having a nerdgasm over purple side being changed: Man up and learn to play in a better way. Riot shouldn't need to cater to a small subset of people who can't handle moving their camera along with playing the rest of the game when the vast majority (do you see high level players complaining about the camera?) of us don't have a problem. It's a free game. You're not entitled to anything. Learn to fix your imagined problems instead of expecting Riot to make a massive change to the game so you can continue being mediocre.