Interesting choice on Nami

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GSHalleck

12-07-2012

In Season 3, we wanted to make sure that other supports would have as versatile a role as Sona, seeing as Crescendo decided a large number of teamfights in season 2 ranked play. In that vein, we've added a lot of other options for supports to gain gold, remain viable, and keep mana available for the abilities that make them useful.

1st new champions ult: CRESCENDO ON CRACK WITH SPARKLES ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG

The Bushmaster

12-07-2012

It looks so freaking broken. From what I understand from what i saw, its a global slow them speed allies.

Yay i can now initiate a team fight from another lane. What?

GSHalleck

12-07-2012

Honestly, unless the damage is negligible or the slow/speed is either short duration or low power, it will be worse than crescendo. The point of it wasn't just to interrupt enemy abilities, it was to give teammates the ability to close quickly and get superior positioning. If this is crescendo - the hard CC but + massive AOE damage and buff/debuff, I predict Nami will become the Darius of supports.

By that I mean that there will be no way to fix her without nerfing her into uselessness, which is something they'll never do because it would cost them RP sales.

Inc Nami + Darius + Olaf/Jayce every normals match until one of them is nerfed.

SaintHax

12-07-2012

I rarely see support champs in TT. You really need a team to synergize with to make it work.

The ult looks like a .5 second knock up (interrupts) and a 1 second debuff. A skill shot like Crescendo, but slower moving.

It's like a Janna + Sona love child :-) I think she will be a tier 1 support, but I'm going to wait on the "OP" call to see how she plays. I also think this will effect 5's in SR, not TT so much.