Less than half the champions available were used/banned in IPL 5

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madra

12-03-2012

LoL E-Sports would be fun to watch if it wasn't the same 10 champions being revolved around with only a few odd ball choices keeping it interesting.

Lemon8or

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
I am actually really proud of our live balance team. Not only were 66 different champions picked, but of the ~40 not played, a large number fit into the following categories:

Clearly tournament viable but just not used (e.g., Kayle, J4, Singed, Hecarim, Sivir, Udyr);
Niche picks that never had a use-case in this event (e.g., Fizz),
Lesser used champs whose players got were either not in attendance or were knocked out early (e.g., Kassadin, Fiddlesticks, Swain); and
Potential breakout stars that none of us would be surprised seeing competitively in a month's time (e.g., Varus, Wu Kong, Syndra).

Major props to the Live team.
Actually J4 saw gameplay once. Just once though.

Knux

12-03-2012

Quote:
*I don't think any of us can really assess Syndra's power level right now. Her potential is off the charts though.
Would you say her potential is... limitless?

Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

if your champ was not picked/banned @ IPL5 - you are officially a hipster.

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

And then you see how Ezreal got more games than probably 20 of the least played heroes together.

Diana was in every game. I don't remember when she wasn't banned or picked.

RE Spartan

12-03-2012

Quote:
I am actually really proud of our live balance team. Not only were 66 different champions picked, but of the ~40 not played, a large number fit into the following categories:

Clearly tournament viable but just not used (e.g., Kayle, J4, Singed, Hecarim, Sivir, Udyr);
Lesser used champs whose players got were either not in attendance or were knocked out early (e.g., Kassadin, Fiddlesticks, Swain); and
Potential breakout stars that none of us would be surprised seeing competitively in a month's time (e.g., Varus, Wu Kong, Syndra).

lol..i have only seen fid played as a support(and a bad one at that)
and you think that makes him balanced?
he isnt a support, he just lacks the ability to compete with other mids

Vulking

12-03-2012

Pantheon and Talon would never see play, not when it's better to send someone as Lee Sin to mid, AD Caster need better defensive items with better AD values, just like how AP assassin have a bunch of options that give good resistances, utility and quite a good amount of AP.

DotEleven

12-03-2012

Quote:

I think for J4 to be tournament Viable you just need to lower his mana costs or increase his mana pool. I played him not too long ago againt Olaf. This Olaf Spammed his axes twice as much as I did spears (not even using pole). I ran out of mana, he still had over 50%.

IS1879fbf8ece39275db4d9

12-03-2012

If balance was done right, we would see all champions played in most events. Of course having 60% of the champions used in tourneys is better than 50%, but that doesn't mean everything's perfect when it comes to balance.

Lemon8or

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
I think for J4 to be tournament Viable you just need to lower his mana costs or increase his mana pool. I played him not too long ago againt Olaf. This Olaf Spammed his axes twice as much as I did spears (not even using pole). I ran out of mana, he still had over 50%.
I'd just like for them to fix his ult. No more unit collision bull****.