Less than half the champions available were used/banned in IPL 5

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanodin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
I am actually really proud of our live balance team. Not only were 66 different champions picked, but of the ~40 not played, a large number fit into the following categories:

Clearly tournament viable but just not used (e.g., Kayle, J4, Singed, Hecarim, Sivir, Udyr);
Niche picks that never had a use-case in this event (e.g., Fizz),
Lesser used champs whose players got were either not in attendance or were knocked out early (e.g., Kassadin, Fiddlesticks, Swain); and
Potential breakout stars that none of us would be surprised seeing competitively in a month's time (e.g., Varus, Wu Kong, Syndra).

Major props to the Live team.
Ok but of those 66: 10 were only picked once, and another 12 were picked 5 times or less. The vast majority of the tournament was the same 40 champions, and of that 40 about half pretty clearly get picked way more than the other half.

Borigrad

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostkiller2013 View Post
snip.
Yeah claiming these champions need buffs is totally baseless. That's why they have been picked between them maybe 3 times in a tournament in the last year.

Jushtime

12-03-2012

Wasn't Jarvan used by Froggen at some point?

SnicerTenu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Pro's can't play every champion and some champions are risky to use.

Anthropics

12-03-2012

Should a champion really be considered "tournament viable" just because it saw a handful of matches? Particularly cases like Casseiopea and Akali, who played one game and lost. Yes 66% were played, but many didn't excel at all, and plenty of people know how to play Akali and Cass; we've seen it in previous tournaments.

Ragnar Draconus

12-03-2012

At least the ADC wasn't Ez/Corki/Graves every single game like the past. Plenty of Caitlyn/Vayne/Kogmaw being played.

Kchaosrei

12-03-2012

still mostly corki and ez though. though i dont know why. Its almost some adc players refuse to learn that ez isnt the dual king anymore.

I am just waiting for the pros to finally harness teh power of draven. he will become the new 100% pick ban champ. Global ult that hits 2xs and passes through people, slow, insane damage, attack speed/move speed buff, and a side knock and (think a slow) that can stop jump in moves.

He has everything the pros want and they dont know it yet.

OJFrost

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
Yeah claiming these champions need buffs is totally baseless. That's why they have been picked between them maybe 3 times in a tournament in the last year.
I get the feeling from reading all your posts that you're just an ass. I'll direct you towards ReignofGaming.net to read Hanshinshin's latest article that deals with people just like you, the "loud" ones after a tournament ends. Here's the link:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/h...ore-commenting

Happy reading.

Zerglinator

12-03-2012

I think it was a good amount of variety in champions selected considering that you have a limited number of professional players--there are going to be a lot of repeated picks because these professional players are going to pick champions they're GOOD at and like playing and have practice with.

Borigrad

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostkiller2013 View Post
I get the feeling from reading all your posts that you're just an ass. I'll direct you towards ReignofGaming.net to read Hanshinshin's latest article that deals with people just like you, the "loud" ones after a tournament ends. Here's the link:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/h...ore-commenting

Happy reading.
Or maybe i'm sick of Riot promising buffs for champions and constantly ignoring them. Then turning around and flat out lying to the community like in his posts.

"Oh yeah these champions are fine, even though they never get played."
"Oh can you explain your justification for being good?"
"There is that one guy who plays him sometimes against one specific champion. Perfectly fine."

12345678 ... 12