Less than half the champions available were used/banned in IPL 5

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zarst

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG4eva View Post
Balance.
Actually its player preference. Teams don't really want to play certain champions in tournaments; Could you imagine someone banning heimer? That would be ridiculous.

Bans typically follow the standard of removing good champs with Global Ults or AoE CC or initiation, secondary bans are based on which opponents they face. So certain champs are always going to show up by default in tournaments as bans.

If anything the most common bans I see typically remove the strong junglers. This is exasperated in ranked games nowadays.

I will once again be happy when the day returns that Heimer is ban worthy. Made me proud to play him back then.

Borkcire

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yordle HoardIer View Post
The day teemo is picked in a pro tourny, is the day I tip my hat to Riot.
Teemo was picked during Dreamhack 2011 By The Rain Man.

And he won the game for TSM. With Teemo. I'm not bull****ting you.

Borigrad

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Aside from, you know, the others who have admitted they need buffs...
I've seen Xypherous say champions like Pantheon, Talon, Garen and Renekton need better itemization in S3, but they never mention buffs. Which they really aren't getting.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

12-03-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacksmithAlpha View Post
Who uses fizz/fid/swain in tournies?

i would be very surprised to see a wu or syndra in a tourny in a months time unless there were buffs to them.
*Fiddle is played as support in major events.

*Swain was used at Worlds, I think by Invictus Gaming(?).

*Wu Kong can dominate a lot of midlane/mage matchups and, coming out of top, might be the single best Champion to put an Orianna ball on.

*I don't think any of us can really assess Syndra's power level right now. Her potential is off the charts though.

Calderweiss

12-03-2012

You know, sgs played KARMA, URGOT, i.e; very obscure picks, and still played like pros. Your argument is invalid.

Borigrad

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
*I don't think any of us can really assess Syndra's power level right now. Her potential is off the charts though.
Yeah Syndra is as strong as all those other Single Target burst mages we see popping up in tournaments all the time. Oh... right they don't cause Chalice and Flat MR runes make them garbage.

OJFrost

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
Oh and where do champions like Malz, Talon, Sejuani, Trundle, Pantheon, Nasus and Veigar fall? Will you finally be the Rioter and Designer to admit these champions are in desperate need of buffs?
Please don't just ***** at the Rioters. With new season 3 patch, they ARE buffing Sejuani (check the pbe patchnotes), as well as providing new itemization options for Pantheon and Talon. I feel that Pantheon is a lot like Xin Zhao, he's a sleeper champion. Waiting until some pro picks him up and does great with him and then all of a sudden players start trying him out and picking him for specific scenarios. Same way when he came out.
Veigar is fine. I can't believe you said that. I just can't.
Nasus? Nasus could be tweaked I guess, but he's still pretty viable. I mean yea you have to farm for days, but once you do you can carry 1v5. How does enemy team stop you? Jungle camps. In season 3 they can't really camp as much, and even if they do it means your bot lane is free to farm and push, etc. Also, counterganks.
Malz needs a buff? Eh....he's already just so strong in mid lane! You'd have to nerf his DoT and then find ways to buff his ult in order to not make him overpowered.

My advice to you is to recognize champions' strengths and weaknesses before crying for buffs/nerfs. I'm sure this is a regular thing for you. Not every champion is going to be a tournament favorite.

Diaotaixiao

12-03-2012

Tabzz is a fizz player but eclypsia wasn't in the tournament. I actually think ~62% picked/banned is pretty damned good, so I don't know what the qq is about

Zhico

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
*Fiddle is played as support in major events.

*Swain was used at Worlds, I think by Invictus Gaming(?).

*Wu Kong can dominate a lot of midlane/mage matchups and, coming out of top, might be the single best Champion to put an Orianna ball on.

Syndra does have a lot of power, i did the math and with 600 ap you can get her ult having a base dmg of 900 and each extra orb doing aobut 350+ so you can easily get a base of 1500 on her ult

Fuzen kuden

12-03-2012

so basically the live team knows some of these guys are op and stopped them got ya

1234567 ... 12