@Morello, let's talk about the new shop style/format

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElitePenguinz

12-04-2012

I love most of the patch changes, but I'm having trouble with the new shop style..

What made the old shop style so great is that it was so easy to navigate around. I could find my items in a fraction of a second by clicking a recommended item and from there getting it quicker. For example, I want to buy a vampiric scepter, my recommended items has lets say a zeke's herald or wriggles lantern. You click that item and then you can get the vamp scepter with ease. Now it's been a little more difficult for me, as I have to specifically take time to find and click the "life steal" category, then find and click the vampiric scepter. Now I realize it only takes an extra 1 or 2 seconds, but these are sometimes valuable seconds. Maybe it's just me but I just find the new shop a little too much to navigate around.

What I want to talk about is if there are any easier ways to navigate around it, or if possibly the old style might come back?

~thanks, elitepenguinz

Nuker X

12-04-2012

I think the new shop is much easier. Of course, I haven't been playing this for years and thus, haven't actually gotten so attached to the old format.

The new format is easier to get to the sub categories as they never leave your view.

Doctor Doom

12-04-2012

the old shop was so much easier

ElitePenguinz

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuker X View Post
I think the new shop is much easier. Of course, I haven't been playing this for years and thus, haven't actually gotten so attached to the old format.

The new format is easier to get to the sub categories as they never leave your view.
Thanks for the imput.

I really understand that a lot of people like the new shop too. It's probably a love of hate thing. I get easily confused (lol), and it just seems to throw me off especially since I just woke up.

My idea was maybe there can be a option to check-mark which shop style you want to use? in the "more options" tab or something.

Stayer

12-04-2012

...Can't you still do that? There are still recommended items and they still link around. It'll just take time to get used to that. And when you start using the other menu drop downs I do think they are designed better . I still wish penetrations were a category, and I wish it was still two wide. Having it be single file has me scrolling up and down for items a lot, especially if you miss it the first time (are they actually organized? I didn't feel like it was alphabetical last time I was looking). It's a bit difficult to get used to where to see my gold and all that, but come a week or two no one will notice the shop.

I know people were asking for Riot to drop the items and stuff already so we could get used to it, but I feel like they maybe jumped the gun on some stuff. The shop and the hud changes could've been separate. They don't affect anything technical, but tacked onto the gameplay changes it alters the feel of the game significantly. Adding them later (or not at all) wouldn't have mattered, except for giving us time to adjust in between. I'll get used to the new hud and not mind eventually, but in the meanwhile I'm a bit confused as to why they changed it. The new surrender dialogue box looks worse than the old one, and the borders and stuff just changes the look for the sake of change. Of which there has been plenty to keep us occupied already.

Spectre4802

12-04-2012

The new shop LOOKS a billion times easier to find my stuff.

Granted, I haven't actually used the new shop, but I have seen the stuff you can do, and... wow. I-Need-To-Change-My-Pants level of 'wow'. It looks so much better.

thenewzero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Seems to me that the new shop is better for newer players, and most of the reason more veteran players preferred the old shop is simply because they had the old shop memorized.

The search bar is amazing, to me. Just type in a few letters of the item you need, and there it is. You can ever type in stats (even in shorthand like "mr" or "ad") and it pops up with all the items with that stat.

ElitePenguinz

12-04-2012

I just wish there was an option to choose which shop style you want. I think that would help people like me/

Kat Commander

12-04-2012

Need item.

Type in item.

Purchase item.

That was much more difficult then having to manually go to every item you wished to purchase..

That said, I think they should allow for easier customization of your recommended build.

Jonny Dangles

12-04-2012

Riot,
I have been plesently pleased with all the changes and inginuity that you have put into this game; with that being said, this latest patch changed the UI and also the shop format. I found it very hard to get used to and find what I wanted. I like the old style much better and would prefer that style. Please give users an option for which style they like or revert the change.