List of Weapons by Type

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NA Rukhron

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Ultima View Post
If I was interested solely in being devastating, I'd carry a gun.
That's a pretty solid point.

back into sunbject:
The problem with Capoeira when compared with other styles is first and foremost how old it is. Other martial arts had much more time to develop a philosophy and were incorporated into the culture of the people who started it. Capoeira in the other hand was even forbidden as a crime by the government, it's pretty hard to find a good Capoeira master, as you've experienced yourself, many are interested in the technique, few are interested in the culture behind. While asian martial arts achieved prestige among their society and some even reached religious level, capoeira was developed by people whose society they were part of attempt to deny their culture.

sorry if by any mean I sounded unfriendly at first, wasn't my intention.

Poeta Somnium

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnifinity View Post
Me again! I have a few more.

Staffs/Polearms:
- Monk's Spade

Other:
- Coin Blades (I believe they go in this section...)
- Emei Piercers (I suggest looking these up. I wouldn't be able to justify them with my description)
- Iron Rings
Updated! Could have sworn I had Monk's Spade in there already. Thanks for catching that!

SephirothWontDie

12-04-2012

idk if you meant to or not, but you left out bombs, ziggs' weapon.

Poeta Somnium

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWontDie View Post
idk if you meant to or not, but you left out bombs, ziggs' weapon.
Thanks for bringing this up! I suppose it would need it's own category, as there are various different kinds of "bombs" (landmines, grenades, mortars, RPGs, so on.)

I'll construct a new catagory for this later tonight, just posting this as a reminder to myself. Busy studying for a final at the moment. (Surfing the League forums is totally not procrastination!)

.... incidentally, anyone know how to factor out 25x^2 - 18y^2? Is it prime? I think it's prime. There's no GCF. Right? By Odin I hate math.

Icraig33

12-04-2012

Definitely a good list. It includes every weapon I thought might have been missing (you even have the Chakram!)

Poeta Somnium

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icraig33 View Post
Definitely a good list. It includes every weapon I thought might have been missing (you even have the Chakram!)
I grew up back when Xena was cool. ^_^

Icraig33

12-04-2012

Also, now that I think about it, I noticed you are missing the Craghammer and the Parrying dagger (akin to Fiora). I think you should totally add these to the list

Craghammer:
http://www.lastlands.com/upload/craghammer.jpg (those super awesome looking hammers that Dwarves in Warhammer use). There are also other weapons on there that you could potentially add.

Poeta Somnium

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icraig33 View Post
Also, now that I think about it, I noticed you are missing the Craghammer and the Parrying dagger (akin to Fiora). I think you should totally add these to the list

Craghammer:
http://www.lastlands.com/upload/craghammer.jpg (those super awesome looking hammers that Dwarves in Warhammer use). There are also other weapons on there that you could potentially add.
I originally decided to lump the parrying dagger in with the swordbreaker, as they both serve the primary function of a defensive tool in the non-dominant hand, but I can see where the parrying dagger does more of an offensive flavor to it. Added it to the list.

I also added the majority of the weapons in the link you provided. I'm not familiar with Warhammer, so this was very useful!

Icraig33

12-04-2012

Well actually, that was scanned from a D&D rulebook, but Warhammer dwarves utilize similar weapons, so I guess it all works out.

Also, I didn't notice you put in the Swordbreaker. I probably wouldn't have suggested the Parrying dagger if I did.

Poeta Somnium

12-04-2012

I have opened a section for explosives with what I could think of off the top of my head, though it could use some fleshing out. Feel free to offer ideas!