Top Lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ikaw Maliit

12-02-2012

What is a good guide that will help me learn how to top lane? Basically teach me the basics of the role

kraxirra

12-03-2012

Watch RF Legendary, Crumbzz, Wingsofdeathx, Hashinshin a whole bunch. The thing that is hardest to learn about top lane is the balance between trading and 'all-inning.' You have to know when to poke, when to push, when to freeze, when to roam. So the best way to learn is to watch and listen to the best.

Great Pyrenees

12-03-2012

Go to LoLpro.com. They have guides written by pros on every top lane champion with tactics on how to play them for free. This is the best resource for every player in LoL hands down. Also pick a top laner you like who is a pro and watch them when they stream, for example I watch TSM's dirus a lot.

Enfillyon

12-03-2012

i watch dyrus a lot as well. tbh you probably wont learn anything from him unless you already know a lot about top lane because he doesnt talk about mechanics and because he gets camped in most games hes in (theyd be a fool not to camp him)

Kraxirra has it down though, you need to be able to control the lane really well. Controlling the lane is something all lanes do but at top if you are even at a slight disadvantage the opponent might snowball hard because they will keep picking on that disadvantage until its big enough to outright shut you down.