Blackfire's torch just needs to be removed. period.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkmalice13

Junior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBerry88 View Post
Can we cut the ****? you're never going to balance an item that does true damage per tick. Never. Just stop wasting all of our time and patience and remove that item now. It's getting a little ridiculous. Everyone and ****in mother is building that item.
you didnt have to say it like that but i agree say it nicer xP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0ur0boros

Senior Member

12-03-2012

@ Goldoak, and @ RiotNome

Quote:
BFT doesn't deal true damage. Like Kog's W above, it calculates the damage it deals based on the targets' maximum health, and then that damage is decreased by the targets' magic resistance.
While I acknowledge that none of these skills are technically true damage. I never meant to imply that I actually think that these are truely, truely true damage (a la Taric). It is the fact that this particular item scales off of maximum health. Only Kog'Maw's W does the same thing and that is for a limited duration. This item never runs out of duration, even with that superficial stack system they added (the stacks never run out).

I have also failed to emphasize one key point in why I think this item is extremely overpowered. It is the fact the item itself has magic penetration built into it.

And as for Mr. Ronnie Law:

Quote:
Except you are making false assumptions, which makes it really hard to have a serious conversation with you.
You want US to understand your argument, but you are not understanding the factors of the discussion, or the counter argument.

Take a step back and COMPREHEND what people are telling you.
Except I have been considering other peoples input, you haven't been reading any of my posts then it seems.

I think I'll not be considering input from someone with "Law" included in their name. Instead of doing what appears to be bashing my intelligence and my "comprehension skills" you could instead try and extrapolate on what I am misunderstanding.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBerry88 View Post
Did you even read the rest of the posts before you rushed in here to insult me? We've moved past this and now we're debating key points.
Dude, the reason he probably called you on it, and the reason I did call you on it was because you were the first one to say "Do your reasearch" or some **** like that, after stating it was true damage. Then you continue to spout wrongs.

Yes, I was wrong about BFT being % of current HP. I should have been aware of the change from a couple of weeks back. All this shows is how little I get to play.

So, instead of insisting people treat you with a respect you are not willing to give to them, how about you read what was written by the red?

Again, have a great day!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0ur0boros

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
Dude, the reason he probably called you on it, and the reason I did call you on it was because you were the first one to say "Do your reasearch" or some **** like that, after stating it was true damage. Then you continue to spout wrongs.

Yes, I was wrong about BFT being % of current HP. I should have been aware of the change from a couple of weeks back. All this shows is how little I get to play.

So, instead of insisting people treat you with a respect you are not willing to give to them, how about you read what was written by the red?

Again, have a great day!
Hello again,

And when did I ever not treat someone with respect? Granted my first post was when I was stressed and it was ragey. I even acknowledged that these are not technically true damage. What I have tried to explain is that the nature of this item, with its maximum health % damage, in addition to the MPen built into the item, makes this particular item function very similarly to how true damage functions. Calling it true damage was an error on my part, but I stand by it....it isn't true damage, but it may as well be. I am not arguing any of these points. I've just simply tried to stress that this item is senselessly strong and does not need to exist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kanata Futaki

Member

12-03-2012

He does make a good point about the Magic penetration, meaning you have to invest a bit more in MR while sacrificing Armor or Attack in the process.

However, a simple negatron would do the trick of negating the penetration/.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBerry88 View Post
Hello again,

And when did I ever not treat someone with respect? Granted my first post was when I was stressed and it was ragey. I even acknowledged that these are not technically true damage. What I have tried to explain is that the nature of this item, with its maximum health % damage, in addition to the MPen built into the item, makes this particular item function very similarly to how true damage functions. Calling it true damage was an error on my part, but I stand by it....it isn't true damage, but it may as well be. I am not arguing any of these points. I've just simply tried to stress that this item is senselessly strong and does not need to exist.
You are insisting we "move past" the who was wrong who was right stuff only after you get your say by telling people to "Do their research". If you fail to see the lack of respect you are showing in doing this I doubt anything I say will be of substance to you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0ur0boros

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
You are insisting we "move past" the who was wrong who was right stuff only after you get your say by telling people to "Do their research". If you fail to see the lack of respect you are showing in doing this I doubt anything I say will be of substance to you.
By that logic, I guess you can't say anything of substance...since you seem so keen to be stuck on one little phrase.

I stand by my "Do your research" comment. I acknowledged where I made mistakes and I rebutted with additional information. That is what I meant. You have since added nothing else to the thread aside from letting us know how upset one tiny little comment made you. My comment was not meant to be disrespectful and if it appears as so, sorry? I don't know what else I can tell you.

I would like to keep this on topic so please contribute something, or -ahem- with upmost respect and friendliness, move along.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorthix

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBerry88 View Post
Did you even read the rest of the posts before you rushed in here to insult me? We've moved past this and now we're debating key points.
You aren't debating any 'key points'. The post right above mine from you calls the damage true damage, you might be using it incorrectly but I responded based on what you actually said. Saying it is pretty much true damage is just silly.

It has 20 magic penetration. 20, that is all. That doesn't even negate the MR on hexdrinker which most bruisers should get.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0ur0boros

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorthix View Post
You aren't debating any 'key points'. The post right above mine from you calls the damage true damage, you might be using it incorrectly but I responded based on what you actually said. Saying it is pretty much true damage is just silly.

It has 20 magic penetration. 20, that is all. That doesn't even negate the MR on hexdrinker which most bruisers should get.
20 MPen is pretty substantial for the amount of other things this particular item adds:

250 health
70 AP
15% CDR
20 MPen
All in addition to that killer passive.

This item was meant to replace DFG on TT but instead completely Smurfs it. DFG was limited to bursting down one target. Instead, this item allows for certain champions to completely obliterate a whole team due to the passive on this item. Essentially, it is now potentially an AoE DFG.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorthix

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBerry88 View Post
20 MPen is pretty substantial for the amount of other things this particular item adds:

250 health
70 AP
15% CDR
20 MPen
All in addition to that killer passive.

This item was meant to replace DFG on TT but instead completely Smurfs it. DFG was limited to bursting down one target. Instead, this item allows for certain champions to completely obliterate a whole team due to the passive on this item. Essentially, it is now potentially an AoE DFG.
Never said it wasn't a good item. Said you calling it true damage, or 'nearly true damage' is just silly. 20 magic pene does not even closely relate to true damage.