Blackfire's torch just needs to be removed. period.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0ur0boros

12-02-2012

Can we cut the ****? you're never going to balance an item that does true damage per tick. Never. Just stop wasting all of our time and patience and remove that item now. It's getting a little ridiculous. Everyone and ****in mother is building that item.

Binxy Prime

12-02-2012

Doesnt it do magic damage?

poipo32

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

It does magic damage.

Angela Anderson

12-03-2012

It does magic damage, and it's just as easy to balance as an item that gives you temporary invulnerability or an item that slows with every autoattack. If it's too strong, they'll raise the cost or lower its numbers. If it's too weak, they'll do the reverse.

0ur0boros

12-03-2012

Well, my mistake on the true damage comment. But it is insanely overpowered and everyone knows it. If you think it is balanced, you probably thought Rengar was balanced before his nerf (despite still being OP).

Redenbacher

12-03-2012

It's not balanced. Nome has made it very clear that it wasn't intended to be balanced so it's effects could be evaluated, since PBE isn't really an option.

It's getting nerfed. That has been made clear as well.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBerry88 View Post
Well, my mistake on the true damage comment. But it is insanely overpowered and everyone knows it. If you think it is balanced, you probably thought Rengar was balanced before his nerf (despite still being OP).
% current HP, not max. Sorry, it is rather underwhelming in all honesty.

You views are in the minority on this.

EDIT:
I was wrong D:

Sorry dudes and ladies.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
It's not balanced. Nome has made it very clear that it wasn't intended to be balanced so it's effects could be evaluated, since PBE isn't really an option.

It's getting nerfed. That has been made clear as well.
No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
It looks a lot more attractive than it actually is right now. As someone's likely mentioned, it was overpowered on PBE when it was doing %max, so it was changed last-minute to %current to curb its power. It's a very difficult item to balance, so we're going to try something slightly different. Don't know if it'll make it into the upcoming patch or the one after that though.
... it is being reworked. Not nerfed. It is currently not considered OP, as you can see Nome's stance above.

EDIT:
Wrong wrong wrong.

0ur0boros

12-03-2012

Quote:
% current HP, not max. Sorry, it is rather underwhelming in all honesty.

You views are in the minority on this.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Blackfire_Torch

It's maximum health as of the recent update. Before the update it wasnt OP, now it is. This is what everyone is complaining about. I wish people would do their homework.

Naokazu

12-03-2012

As I say in every related thread I come across; the problem with BFT is the fact that it applies on damage instead of when a spell lands. The difference being that a single DoT spell will apply twice as much or more damage than a direct damage ability.