Jax counters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-02-2012

So, I've decided that Jax is the most OP top lane champion, and every time I play in top lane, I'll be playing as Jax. There's really not much reason for me to pick any other champion... unless he's already been picked by the enemy team, so I can't pick him.

So, I'm looking for some tips on what champions do best against Jax so I can work on mastering one of them for the rare occasions where I'm playing against a Jax top lane.

IdleAltruism

12-02-2012

Olaf manhandles Jax. He essentially ignores the dodge from counter strike and out damages him until he gets Trinity. There are a number of champs that do well enough against Jax, but the problem with Jax is that he will survive to 6 against most of them, at which point he'll be able to farm under harass.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

olaf, shen and malph are all decent against him

but top lane really comes down to junglers more so than 1v1 battles

Ur little sister

12-03-2012

On top of what the others have said, Jayce.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleAltruism View Post
He essentially ignores the dodge from counter strike
...how?

Dry Ace

12-03-2012

True dmg...and his axe

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

And how is that different from other champions? Jax's Counter Strike dodges auto-attacks and reduces incoming AoE damage by 25%.

Seems Olaf's passive gives him a lot of auto-attack damage, which a good Jax can just time his counter strike appropriately for in order to maximize the avoided damage. I'd think that a good Jax counter would be a champion that relies significantly less on auto-attacks.

EDIT: By the way, I'm not saying Olaf's not a counter. I'm just trying to understand it. Jax is my main, and I don't consistently struggle against any champion. I'm looking for a champion to play as against Jax.

Great Pyrenees

12-03-2012

I hesitate to comment on threads of one champ is the best hands down op becasue this is simply not the case. Is jax great at top lane, heck yes. Is the the best top lane ... well that depends on the person playing him doesnt it? But you asked for advice and who might beat jax. Reneckton beats jax like a drum until lvl 6 and then he carefully harrasses until lvl 9 at which point he can beat jax again. How? Slice in, stun, cull, dice out, you just landed 4 attacks and 2 auto attacks for 500+ dmg with no counter attack. Or how about in new meta when you get faced with a 1v2 verses Caitlyn and leona how are you gonna deal with that as jax? As reneckton I tower hug and farm like happy but you cant do that well until 6. Basically, play jax a ton, know that occasionally you will face a better player and learn from the experience. I mean there are like 100 champions you could face but the ones who are good against jax would be Kayle, Olaf, Daruis, Jayce, Reneckton and Riven are the obvious best bets. Just have fun man its a game you will get good!

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

I want to re-clarify.

Jax is my main. I'm not looking for help or tips on how to play as Jax against Jax counters. I'm not a perfect Jax player, but I feel extraordinarily comfortable playing as him, and don't have extraordinary problems against any champion.

What I'm looking for are champions that are good against Jax, champions that most Jax players struggle against. And I'm looking for a list of ideas for champions only for the rare scenarios where I'm in a draft mode game and the enemy team has already selected Jax.

This is the only situation in which I'd play anyone but Jax top lane. And in this situation, I'd almost certainly be going against a top lane Jax (there are occasions where they may be playing jungle Jax).

So if the enemy is going to take a top lane Jax and prevent me from playing my strongest champion, then my best bet, if I'm going to go top lane, is to get as good with a Jax counter as I am with Jax.

Then, I'll either be playing with my strongest champion, Jax, against whoever, or I'll be playing against a champion that I'm really good with against Jax, and that other champion is a champion that does particularly well against Jax.

I've played Darius, Jayce, Renekton, and Riven, and I like all 4 (though Riven is the only one I currently have unlocked).

I have Kayle unlocked but have never really tried her.
I've never tried Olaf and I don't have him unlocked.
I have Shen and Malphite, don't particularly love either (don't like them as much as the 4 I mentioned above).

Starless

12-03-2012

I mop up jax with nidalee. abuse bushes auto att and rush phage. nidalee wins trades because of her heal and mass damage output at 6(on pare with jax).
If jax burns his E kitty kat form gg.
Hope this helped
Chalice also helpes for mana regen+ magic resist