PLEASE i need help jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rowan the Brony

12-02-2012

I've tried numerous times,read multiple guides and watched tons of videos but no matter what i can't do anything a junglers should be able to.I can't gank I always get killed.always get left behind in the lvls so i'm under lvled for the whole game and i dan't seem to get nearly enough gold compared to when i lane.PLEASE i need help it's pissing me off to the point i just want to quit the game entirelyand then when i see someone use the same champ and jungle end up invincible it seems it depresses me even more

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-02-2012

What summoner level are you and what champions are you using to jungle with?

Rowan the Brony

12-02-2012

lvl 27 and ive tried warwick rammus volibear and Kha'zix

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-02-2012

Stick with Warwick for a while till you start to get the hang of it. He's one of the easiest to learn with. Those other 3 aren't really great junglers, certainly not good for beginners.

Rowan the Brony

12-02-2012

but what can i do to improve or ensure a kill when i gank or to make certain that i i at least keep up with me team

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-02-2012

You need to worry less about keeping up with your teammates and focus on staying ahead of the enemy jungler. Right now, the way the jungle works, there's slightly less gold/experience available in the jungle than there is in the lanes.

IdleAltruism

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan the Brony View Post
lvl 27 and ive tried warwick rammus volibear and Kha'zix
First off, get the correct runes for whatever jungler you want to run and get to level 30. The correct runes and masteries go a long way.

Also, pick up some better junglers. You pretty much picked some of the worst junglers in the game (Kha'zix is hit and miss, but is above the others by miles). Their clear time, ganking, and late game potential are all pretty poor (with the exception of Khaz).

Easy, cheap, and solid junglers are Amumu, Olaf, and Mundo (Nunu is also strong, but he is a tad more complicated than the others). If you want to splurge, pick up Nocturne, Lee Sin, Skarner, or Maokai. All of these are viable junglers and show a lot of promise in the season 3 jungle (so don't worry too much about the switch over).

Once you've got your array of junglers get the right runes for them. They all require armor seals. After that, MR per level or flat mr glyphs are a safe bet on all junglers (some can use specialty glyphs, but MR always works).

Mundo, Skarner, and Nunu can get away with attack speed marks and MS quints will work on all three (although Nunu and Mundo can use different quints, MS is never bad).

Olaf and Lee can get away with a mix of flat AD and armor pen. For simplicity's sake, you can just go flat AD marks and either AD or MS quints. The same goes for Nocturne. You can tweak it for optimal jungle clears, but creating rune pages is expensive. Cutting corners will give you access to a wider array of junglers, which is very important for growing as a player.

After that, some general advice:

Buy wards and use them (try for at least one every time you go back to fountain).

Learn the timers on buffs and other objectives. You should become especially adept at denying the enemy the blue buff (this is where wards come in handy).

Ask allies if they've seen the enemy ward gank routes.

Don't neglect Gp/10 items. As a jungler, sometimes you are like a slightly richer support.

WHO DEM BOYZ

12-02-2012

jingling op

Uncanny Doom

12-03-2012

Usually a jungler will be about 2 levels behind the solo lanes. If it's going beyond that then it's possible that you are trying to gank too often and most likely you're getting counter jungled. Remember that ganking will cost you time that could be used to get xp and gold. Also keep in mind that different junglers will have different levels where they can perform effective ganks. Warwick for example can't really perform strong ganks until 6 with his ultimate, while someone like Lee Sin could gank as early as level 2.

Sometimes it's the little things that can make a gank successful. Pinging the enemy or telling your laner you're on your way there, or to bait a trade can be all it takes to get you and a teammate on a level where you will make things happen. Never underestimate the power of communication because it's needed as a jungler.

Etherimp

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleAltruism View Post
First off, get the correct runes for whatever jungler you want to run and get to level 30. The correct runes and masteries go a long way.

Also, pick up some better junglers. You pretty much picked some of the worst junglers in the game (Kha'zix is hit and miss, but is above the others by miles). Their clear time, ganking, and late game potential are all pretty poor (with the exception of Khaz).

Easy, cheap, and solid junglers are Amumu, Olaf, and Mundo (Nunu is also strong, but he is a tad more complicated than the others). If you want to splurge, pick up Nocturne, Lee Sin, Skarner, or Maokai. All of these are viable junglers and show a lot of promise in the season 3 jungle (so don't worry too much about the switch over).

Once you've got your array of junglers get the right runes for them. They all require armor seals. After that, MR per level or flat mr glyphs are a safe bet on all junglers (some can use specialty glyphs, but MR always works).

Mundo, Skarner, and Nunu can get away with attack speed marks and MS quints will work on all three (although Nunu and Mundo can use different quints, MS is never bad).

Olaf and Lee can get away with a mix of flat AD and armor pen. For simplicity's sake, you can just go flat AD marks and either AD or MS quints. The same goes for Nocturne. You can tweak it for optimal jungle clears, but creating rune pages is expensive. Cutting corners will give you access to a wider array of junglers, which is very important for growing as a player.

After that, some general advice:

Buy wards and use them (try for at least one every time you go back to fountain).

Learn the timers on buffs and other objectives. You should become especially adept at denying the enemy the blue buff (this is where wards come in handy).

Ask allies if they've seen the enemy ward gank routes.

Don't neglect Gp/10 items. As a jungler, sometimes you are like a slightly richer support.

I agree with this... EXCEPT that Rammus is not good late game. If Rammus can make it thru early/mid game without completely losing the game, then he is a great tank.

Also, I would add Cho'gath to the list of "easy to learn junglers".

You can even start Boots+3 Pots... and he's quite a good jungler. If you can learn to land his Q consistently, he can camp mid lane between jungle camps all game long landing Q's just for harassment. After level 6, the sheer damage from his ultimate can mean a kill on bot lane.