Looking for feedback from Irelia players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dontmakemepoolu

12-02-2012

I recently made a guide on mobafire, http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-damage-268526

I would like some feedback on the guide. Before i can take any feedback seriously though, i need for you to actually test out my guide for a few games. After you've actually used it for yourself let me know of any changes you want to see.

IdleAltruism

12-02-2012

How exactly are you leveling your ult at level 14? That is a pretty neat trick.

Starting cloth is incredibly risky and ineffective against the strong ADs you'd actually need the armor against. With cloth start your hard matches, like Olaf, Garen, and Jax, become significantly harder to fight; you'd be forced to camp your bush/tower. Boots+3-4 pots is superior, mostly because you don't have a reliable escape. An Olaf or Darius with boots is just going to walk all over you, force you to your turret, and go back to get an item advantage, like a quick Doran's, and then proceed to stomp you some more. Or worse you'll get ganked and not have boots.

Cloth+pots is viable against certain champs, but it is not a generic start.

You don't always need Mercury Treads. A team of knock-ups or a strong AD top who would otherwise bully you around might warrant Tabi (Irelia's passive+Juggernat work fairly well). Sometimes if you're just owning or plan on owning (ie your lane is a push over) Berserker's Greaves can work in a pinch.

Madred's Bloodrazor is a horribly inefficient item. You can get significantly better stats with other item combinations (like Warden's Mail or Glacier Shroud, which might be a solid choice to rush in s3,+Wit's End). It actually becomes less efficient late game, when you recommend to get it.

Surge is also a fairly weak summoner early. Ignite is way more universal in the early game, so against your hard/even matches, or when you're getting tower dived, it is by far the most useful summoner (not having it against top lanes that heal/lifesteal means you're going to lose the 1v1 pre-phage/Wit's End). Also, IIRC it's getting removed in S3. So there is that. Ghost is personal preference, but against certain match ups I would bring Flash in a heartbeat (like against Malphite or if the enemy jungler is Maokai).

Your item choices are poor. You want the attack speed Irelia build with one of the worst attack speed items instead of the good ones (Wits End+Ionic Spark can be a hilariously steam-rolly build). At least you didn't suggest Nashor's Tooth. You also neglect any real alternative or situational items, like Warmogs and Randuins, or when to go for GP/10, etc.

The guide feels like a really low level pub thing, something I've come to expect from Mobafire.

mimsaw

12-02-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2856471

20 hours ago talking about your own topic, and now you post this? facepalm man just facepalm, the fail is unbearable

dontmakemepoolu

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleAltruism View Post
How exactly are you leveling your ult at level 14? That is a pretty neat trick.

Starting cloth is incredibly risky and ineffective against the strong ADs you'd actually need the armor against. With cloth start your hard matches, like Olaf, Garen, and Jax, become significantly harder to fight; you'd be forced to camp your bush/tower. Boots+3-4 pots is superior, mostly because you don't have a reliable escape. An Olaf or Darius with boots is just going to walk all over you, force you to your turret, and go back to get an item advantage, like a quick Doran's, and then proceed to stomp you some more. Or worse you'll get ganked and not have boots.

Cloth+pots is viable against certain champs, but it is not a generic start.

You don't always need Mercury Treads. A team of knock-ups or a strong AD top who would otherwise bully you around might warrant Tabi (Irelia's passive+Juggernat work fairly well). Sometimes if you're just owning or plan on owning (ie your lane is a push over) Berserker's Greaves can work in a pinch.

Madred's Bloodrazor is a horribly inefficient item. You can get significantly better stats with other item combinations (like Warden's Mail or Glacier Shroud, which might be a solid choice to rush in s3,+Wit's End). It actually becomes less efficient late game, when you recommend to get it.

Surge is also a fairly weak summoner early. Ignite is way more universal in the early game, so against your hard/even matches, or when you're getting tower dived, it is by far the most useful summoner (not having it against top lanes that heal/lifesteal means you're going to lose the 1v1 pre-phage/Wit's End). Also, IIRC it's getting removed in S3. So there is that. Ghost is personal preference, but against certain match ups I would bring Flash in a heartbeat (like against Malphite or if the enemy jungler is Maokai).

Your item choices are poor. You want the attack speed Irelia build with one of the worst attack speed items instead of the good ones (Wits End+Ionic Spark can be a hilariously steam-rolly build). At least you didn't suggest Nashor's Tooth. You also neglect any real alternative or situational items, like Warmogs and Randuins, or when to go for GP/10, etc.

The guide feels like a really low level pub thing, something I've come to expect from Mobafire.
Heres what i said to someone else when i tried to explain the reasoning behind this guide...

First off scaling runes get better and better than flat runes after level 9 which is when most of games are actually won. You get flat bonuses from masteries and you rush items like wit's end and frozen heart to get the early game durability so that your not bullied around in lane. Then you go for items such as trinity force which will increase your damage AFTER youve already secured a good amount of damage reduction. You have to remember irelia doesnt need too many damage items or much AD at all actually because when enemies start getting armor true damage is just that much more effective.

Hiten style should always be maxed out (after youve unlocked all moves) as it gives you the edge in those early game territorial top lane fights and also gives you that early sustain so you might not even need potions if you play smart. Then i said E should be maxed out as it gives you longer CC. Lastly Q because it only increase the damage of your gap closer. Thats what i said your skill priority should be and thats what it should be.

Frozen heart is a good choice early on because it gives you a ton of armor + cooldown reduction + decreases surrounding enemies attack speeds + extra mana. All of these stats are great for Irelia there no reason to not get this item against a team with any kind of AD threat.

At 274 AD and 174 MR with a guardian angel your not going to have to worry too much about survival when you have 85% CC reduction in team fights and almost 26 autoattack health regen per second (52 when hiten style is active). That why you should go blood razor because it works well with wit's end and hiten style's active and passive. The extra 40 attack damage is also nice because it increases the damage of your Q and ult.

Because of all these on hits effects (magic damage from BR, magic dmg from WE, health restoration, true damage, movement slow) attack speed is Irelia's strongest stat. That being said, 40% increase for 12 seconds is a huge advantage much better than ignite.

Ghost give you a speed boost for 12 seconds and lets you ignore unit collision. This can be useful in escape and chase situation pre and post triforce. Because of all her tenacity ghost ends up being more efficient in nearly every sitatuion. Triforce isn't as reliable of a slow as frozen mallet. Its not as easy to stick to the enemy your still going to need to use your E and your Q.

IdleAltruism

12-02-2012

I know what all the items/runes/summoners do. You don't need to explain them. You ignored everything that I said and ranted on about nothing.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

You don't even play her right or getting the stats right, I will put up the most obvious fact

1-((1-0.35)*(1-0.40)*(1-0.10))=64.9%

Irelia can get as much as 64.9% crowd control reduction

Surge sucks balls because you don't need AP.

W at level 1 give you no answer to ranged enemy top, same with getting E at level 2 without Q.

Maxing Q last will make you do less damage compare to maxing E, due to being able to proc on-hit effect with Q

There is no reason for you to get madred unless the enemy is building health with no MR, because you have no magic pen.

kraxirra

12-03-2012

Also to add to why you max q second, is that it doesn't merely add damage. By putting points in, you DRAMATICALLY cut down its cd. This isn't a big deal in the lane because you can get 2 gap closes if you refresh it on a minion close to the enemy, but in teamfights, having it up to chase is invaluable.

dontmakemepoolu

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
There is no reason for you to get madred unless the enemy is building health with no MR, because you have no magic pen.
Your not going to build magic pen or armor pen and enemies usually have more armor than MR. Madred bloodrazor has all the things Irelia likes... armor, attack damage, and best of all lots of attack speed and an extra on hit effect. This item syncs well with high attack speeds and other on hit effects. So BR does absolutely help Irelia out. Yes its expensive but thats why i say its the last item you should be getting.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

GL hitting more than 2% hp per hit on majority of the targets with MBR, with 3% on AD carries

Oh wait, the ADs doesn't even build health, % health damage trashed.

Note: I am not a solo top main, in fact, I main AP mid and support, but being one of the most helpful person in this section of the forum, I can tell you that currently your build has a lot of wasted money, and the money could have spent much better elsewhere. You are also not open to other people's opinion as you are completely locked in your own concept.

***I play at at least 1900 elo level of solo top, with 2.2k+ elo solo queue rating last season.