Please take a hard stand against profanity and verbal harrassment

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XSeastarX

Junior Member

12-01-2012

Players are intentionally bypassing the profanity filter by using apostrophes or spacing in words. Players are also being so verbally abusive toward players who lack the skill or knowledge to be great at the game, that these players actually perform worse, and lose interest in playing. I have a level 30, who I play ranked with, and my younger daughter has become interested in the game after watching her daddy play. I had this account which I planned to gift her, along with $100 in riot points so she could get skins for her favorite champions, but after playing a few games at low level, there is no way I am willing to allow her to play as is. You guys need to take a hard stance on this behavior problem which seems to be out of control. If this weren't a free to play game, I am sure things wouldn't be so out of control, but it is and we need to clean it up. I am sure if you started permanently banning accounts and ip's for the type of verbal harassment and excessive use of filter bypassing profanity, things would change quickly. I am really good at this game, certainly not at the level of TPA, M5, or any of the other tournament players, but still very good. I have NEVER attacked another player for being unskilled, never reported someone for intentionally feeding when they had a bad game, and never spoken to people the way I saw people speaking in the last few days. It is unacceptable and needs to be addressed. As is it stands, this game should require age verification for it's mature content.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parmesian

Senior Member

12-01-2012

mute them. you know what's easier than getting someone to get rid of everyone saying mean things ever on the internet? Muting them and moving on


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

Senior Member

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmesian View Post
mute them. you know what's easier than getting someone to get rid of everyone saying mean things ever on the internet? Muting them and moving on
I like having to mute teammates in a team game that requires team work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parmesian

Senior Member

12-01-2012

I also like witch hunting for anyone who doesn't have perfect behavior, and kicking them out because they hurt my feelings


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpyloser

Senior Member

12-01-2012

I am not advocating for removal of players who lack perfect behavior, but certain types of behavior need to be banned and anyone who has played a few levels of this game knows what I am talking about. Sure, you can mute players and I occasionally do, but that hurts to team because of a lack of communication. I say straighten up or get out. Players in this game are completely brazen because it is free to play and they often have multiple accounts. It is time we clean it up and start banning these people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kooshboo

Member

12-01-2012

You should never have to mute people in a game that requires communication. They should be able to act respectfully in public or they should not be allowed to be in a public venue.

I actually have a cases where people pardoned abusive content and I am just left boggling.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6000812/

Here are some highlights that a lot of people reviewing this clearly missed...this was the language outside of the verbal harassment where this player called people: "try hards", "noobs", "idiots", "fat", "you fail", and "dumb"...etc etc etc

Quote:
Tristana [00:29:53] gay
Tristana [All] [00:31:29] IM NOT UR HOER (I believe this is *****...)
Tristana [All] [00:32:06] :O, boob!, thts my chunks
Tristana [All] [00:34:13] lol kat u suck, i can 1v1 all day ho
and then another shining example: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6000729/

Quote:
Vayne [00:20:43] phags?
Vayne [00:21:55] u no wat sk means?
Vayne [00:21:58] suck kock (apparently this is in reference to the players name being SKsomething .)
People like this shouldn't be pardoned just because they use creative spelling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

Senior Member

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmesian View Post
I also like witch hunting for anyone who doesn't have perfect behavior, and kicking them out because they hurt my feelings
It's not about perfect behavior, it's about being such a problem and negative impact that more people don't want to play with you than people that do. I'm sure you were the victim though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpyloser

Senior Member

12-01-2012

Kooshboo, I couldn't agree more and having just voted my 20 tribunal cases, know that people like that are not pardoned. If anything, intentionally modifying the spelling to bypass the profanity filter should be dealt with more harshly. My little girl loves playing this game, she loves the lore and reads every champions story, but with people who feel that a free to play game with no accountability is a great place to blow off steam and bully others, there is no way I can allow her to play it. I am honestly considering building an example folder and sending it to my Senators and Representative to ask for strict regulations regarding cyber bullying in internet gaming. People shrug it off, laugh it off as just fun, but children kill themselves over this type of cyber bullying. Most games such as subscription based mmorpg's have taken a hard stance against it, banning players quickly for similar behavior, however riot and the tribunal seem to make light of it. It is time this stops.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kooshboo

Member

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
Kooshboo, I couldn't agree more and having just voted my 20 tribunal cases, know that people like that are not pardoned. If anything, intentionally modifying the spelling to bypass the profanity filter should be dealt with more harshly. My little girl loves playing this game, she loves the lore and reads every champions story, but with people who feel that a free to play game with no accountability is a great place to blow off steam and bully others, there is no way I can allow her to play it. I am honestly considering building an example folder and sending it to my Senators and Representative to ask for strict regulations regarding cyber bullying in internet gaming. People shrug it off, laugh it off as just fun, but children kill themselves over this type of cyber bullying. Most games such as subscription based mmorpg's have taken a hard stance against it, banning players quickly for similar behavior, however riot and the tribunal seem to make light of it. It is time this stops.
Unfortunately Gimpy, players like that ARE pardoned, that was the point of my post. I voted punish on those two cases but my punish verdict was in the "almost no one" category. Those two cases were both pardoned by overwhelming majorities. >.< (I suspect because no one actually read the content...just looked for the buzz words) We definitely need to take a hard line stance on people trying to get around the profanity filters. I mean, people are like "use the filter if you don't like it" but they forget...these immature ragers are deliberately circumventing those safety features. I know my son will want to play one day as both his mom and dad play...but I wouldn't let him in here with was random group for anything until the garden is weeded so to speak. So I know your pain there with your daughter. At least mine isn't old enough to beg to play yet...but it will come sooner than I am sure I will be ready for it! lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmesian View Post
mute them. you know what's easier than getting someone to get rid of everyone saying mean things ever on the internet? Muting them and moving on
Tribunal FAQ

Quote:
[NEW] Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?

Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player.
your argument is null and void.


123