Some days you just can't win. Tell me your Dom stories this week.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangarde

12-02-2012

Solo que Dom has been really rough this weekend. At least I had IPL 5 to kill time with. But I think I went 1-9 this weekend. Womp womp.

Not blaming anyone. Some really really close games, some definitely me dropping the ball (my skillshot skills have left me as Brand). Some really iffy comps from the beginning. >< But alas, the only win I got was from last night with top Maokai because someone volunteered to go bottom after we were in game.

Tell me your stories this week, whether watching the tournament or playing League. I think I should lay off solo que for a day and play some aram (or To the Moon since my brother gifted it to me on steam) to shake off this streak.

HaIfhearted

12-02-2012

Ehh, might as well get some of this stuff off my chest.

So I've lost 2 games to d/cs in the past 2 days.
The first one was a 350-100 stomp that was only getting stompier, but then our Akali got d/c and the opposing team was able to recover.
The 2nd one was an extremely close 80-80 game that really could've gone either way, but then our Jax bot d/c'd and that was the end of that.

Putting d/cs aside, I've had the usual matchmaking bull****tery where I get at least 1-2 garbage teamates, or the enemy team has a competent Kassadin/Teemo/both, etc etc.

It's been a terrible week so far overall.
What's everyone elses qq?

MyDeadGrandma

12-02-2012

Won five games in a row as Rengar. Most of the games had a teemo in them.

I've beaten every single Jayce bot as Riven.

Only damper on my week was a teemo on my team that rushed lichbane then triforce.

blackDAILO

12-02-2012

Don't know what's up with matchmaking. Saw some Jayce doing bizarre builds, I'm not talking about TriForce rush Bizarre... Frozen Mallet rush with Wit's End.

Then here comes all the Glassadins rushing BFT into a Wooglets.

Pretty frustrating to see those kind of teammates when I'm trying to reach the +70 win difference goal..

Zulgaines

12-02-2012

Teemos rushing Blackfire Torch, Teemos rushing Blackfire Torch as far as the eye can see.

This truly is hell.

smXho

12-03-2012

Best Weekend, won 75% of my game (LeBlanc, Eve, Xin, Akali and Ashe)
Last Weekend, I lost 90% of my game (BFT Teemo everywhere)

So yea, in short, I tried to stop caring. And no, i don't play OP BFT Teemo

CallMeTaste

12-03-2012

Managed to stay positive in the midst of all the Teemos, even gain elo because. Get oracles as soon as that yordle hits 6 and you should be fine as long as your actively clearing them. That and Merc Treads. There is so much map control with shrooms. They can't be ignored.

Most of my loses came from d/c, who I believe are all secretly Teemos....

A Slime Appears

12-03-2012

Getting a lot of Ashes lately. She may be the most op hero in the right hands for all I know, but everyone who plays her sucks. I QQ, they tell me they'll shut me up, so I shut up and wait, then they proceed to be ****ing useless by every possible metric (k/d, score, team fight contribution, etc). I consider it a 4v5 from the start.

Also, people have been going really heavy on the "oh our team has two ADC, NOT ENOUGH!" lately and it's getting annoying.

Mapekz

12-03-2012

A lot of the people with whom I played Dominion over this weekend didn't quite seem to get the dynamics of the match up.

If an enemy has a team more capable of surviving while dishing out large swaths of damage does it really make sense to fight them head on every single time? No, that's when you go ninja points so they split up and then you gank them in the jungle.

If an enemy team has one or two tanky guys who keep throwing you around do you just beat on these guys fruitlessly? No, you save your gap closer/cooldowns for when the high damage ranged AD comes into the arena.

Do you face check bushes in the jungle without a teammate or two for backup? Do you fight an enemy with your teammate under an enemy tower when your teammate can easily kill the enemy instead of neutralizing the tower to keep your teammate alive? After an enemy kill in a lane do you cap a point close to your base with your teammate or do you let him cap it alone while you charge ahead to cap or at least neutralize the point closest to the enemy base?

The answers to almost all of these questions were never demonstrated during my playtime all weekend long save for Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

There was a game where it was a disaster at champ select and again taught me that i should ask whether people are goign Ap or AD with certain champs. This time it was a Master Yi who didnt say anything in chat. We had a pretty bulky team, just missing a Ranged ADC for some High Consistent DPS, so i picked Draven cause he's, well he's DRAAAAAAAVEN. Game loads, it's FTV premade, I have a bunch of randoms on my team, I only recognize DivineBovine who was on Mao. Game start, Yi is AD, I'm forced bot as Draven vs Zyra. Yi starts boots+zeal components, I resign myself to practicing catching Axes. Net a solo kill or 2 on Zyra, sniped Onisnakes Blitz as he was walking to grab a health pack at Windmill. Overall, very good demonstration as to why Draven should not bot, ever, and why you should ask "AP or AD", because someone might derp, even you.