Vudu-The Witch Doctor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
shamans hex from wow is what i am trying to do :S
If you're going off of the actual spell that players get then it would be the same thing as Lulu's Whimsy: Silence and Cause them to be unable to auto attack but leave them in control of their movements.

If it's the spell that those Shadowstalkers in Zul'Farrak get then you're better off making it a stun. (if you don't get this reference then it's pretty much "you lose control of your character" which is effectively a stun in LoL)

edit: woah, leave the E % at 75% for ally and 150% for enemies.

Moby the White

12-04-2012

hex tooltip reworded for better clarification of how the spell works
stuffy doll black magic redone so that it is an actual effect that you can use.

Moby the White

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
If you're going off of the actual spell that players get then it would be the same thing as Lulu's Whimsy: Silence and Cause them to be unable to auto attack but leave them in control of their movements.

If it's the spell that those Shadowstalkers in Zul'Farrak get then you're better off making it a stun. (if you don't get this reference then it's pretty much "you lose control of your character" which is effectively a stun in LoL)

edit: woah, leave the E % at 75% for ally and 150% for enemies.
lol i changed it to read exactly as it does from wow no loose ends here

changed black magic on stuffy doll so it could be its own damaging spell but enemies should only take 40% damage from it. its a trade off since its now an instant spell as well 160 damage at rank 5 plus .7 ap isn't horrible from shield i may buff it to 45 i think i shall and i did

Moby the White

12-04-2012

afk for a couple hours prolly like 24 or so idk may check in before work ttyl thanks for all of your help so far

ps english is my first language; however, writing champion abilities anywhere between 9pm-9am during my workshift is not. In addition, I specialize in lore not saying mine is the greatest but that it is the part I like best.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

At this point, I don't even.

Cyborg Scorpion

12-04-2012

sorry, who is bianca?

Mytharionas

12-05-2012

Witch Doctor eh? Surprisingly LoL has yet to touch on this particular style. Let's see how you've done this one.

Just a heads up, not that great with numbers so unless I see something exceptionally wonky, i'll focus primarily on other factors.

Lore:
So...Vudu makes a pact with the Demon Lord of Shadows (sounds like a wonderful fellow) in exchange for powerful black magic. However, the Demon Lord of Shadows demands that Vudu uses his powers for good. Then Vudu uses black magic to heal people, where he eventually meets Bianca and decides to enter the League of Legends in order to gain aid for the Voodoo Lands.

The basic premise is decent, but I feel that a few questions might need to be addressed. Vudu made a deal with the Demon Lord of Shadows for black magic...Why exactly did the Demon command Vudu to help others? Anyone with a name like "Demon Lord of Shadows" doesn't exactly sound like a good samaritan.

Also, I didn't think black magic had anything to do with healing. I assumed it was the term given to plagues, curses, disease, and multiple incantations involving the spirit world. Of course, I could be mistaken, what are your thoughts on this?

Skills:

Quote:
Passive: Black Magic: on every fourth spellcast Vudu recieves a passive buff called "Black Magic" that lasts for 3 seconds, allowing him to activate his abilities' passives.
Not much I can say about this one without looking at the rest of his abilities. But it looks like the buff doesn't get consumed on spellcast. Perhaps we'll see some nifty burst potential in the rest of his kit?

Quote:
Q. Hex:
Vudu conjures up a cursing hex and throws it at target enemy dealing 60/70/80/90/100 (+ .6 ap) Hex is a line of shadow magic that targets a single enemy but damages all enemies if it passes through them on the path to the target dealing 30/35/40/45/50 (+ .5 ap) magical damage to all units it strikes.
Black Magic: Hexing an enemy champion transforms them into a frog for 2.5 secs. While hexed, the target cannot attack or cast spells. Damage caused may interrupt the effect.
I've made a comparison using other skillshots with similar target styles, and Hex seems very weak when it comes to damage scaling. The Black Magic bonus does add an interesting CC mechanic to the ability, but without that bonus, the rest of the ability is pretty negligible as the game goes on. Seeing as how it currently scales in increments of 10 AP per level, I would recommend raising those increments to 30 AP instead. Other than the damage though, the rest of the skill looks pretty good.

Quote:
W. Mumbo Jumbo:
On ally: Heals ally for 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.8 ap) heatlh over the next 5 secs.
On enemy: Steals 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.8 ap) of their health and heals Vudu for that amount over the next 5 secs.
Black Magic: target is instantly healed for the amount instead of over 5 secs
Originally, I assumed that the allied component on Mumbo Jumbo had a similar problem to Hex, I.E. being a bit weak. However, the low amounts are compensated for by the high AP ratio. This ability would still be slightly weak early game, but would be scale tremendously into the mid-late game scenarios. As for the offensive component, a spell that steals life from an enemy while bolstering your own health is pretty good. Nothing to add there.

Quote:
E. Stuffy Doll:
Vudu casts a curse on his target making a doll copy of the target, affected target receives Stuffy Doll icon above their head to indicate that they are affected. The next 200/250/300/350/400 (+0.8 AP) damage from all sources that the target would receive for the next 3 seconds is instead dealt to Stuffy doll. After 3 secs the damage dealt to Stuffy Doll is now dealt to target (this effect occurs as soon as Stuffy Doll is dealt 200/250/300/350/400 (+0.7 AP) damage as well).
On ally: 25% of the total damage dealt to Stuffy Doll is dealt to ally
On enemy: 150% of the total damage dealt to Stuffy Doll is dealt to enemy.
Black Magic: Stuffy Doll takes instantly takes 200/250/300/350/400 (+0.7 AP) dealing 25% less damage to allies (0%) and 45% damage to enemies.
This ability is a very interesting one. You can cast it on your ally to very effectively mitigate damage, or you can place it upon your enemy to amplify the damage they take at the cost of that damage happening later down the line. Although I would like some clarification on the Black Magic aspect of the ability. I don't have an exact idea as to how powerful it would be in its current state, but I would love to see this mechanic in action.

Quote:
R. Grave Pact:
Vudu conjures up a curse on a target, cannot be cast on self.
On ally: Heals ally for 300/400/500 (+1.0 ap) health over 10 secs.
On enemy: Damages enemy for 300/400/500 (+1.0 ap) magical damage over 10 secs.
Black Magic: On enemy: Vudu makes a pact with the target during this curse. If the target dies before Vudu, Vudu is healed for 150/200/250 (+0.5 ap) health over 10 secs. If Vudu dies before the target the curse is removed and they are healed for 50% of the damage dealt to them by the curse. On ally: Vudu makes a pact with the target during this curse. If the target dies before Vudu, Vudu revives them for 100% of their health, but sacrifices 300/400/500 (+1.0 ap) health to do so.
This one is pretty straightforward, cast on an enemy for damage and an ally for health. Of course, Black Magic spices things up with some crazy effects based on who dies. Successfully killing an enemy heals Vudu up, although i'm not sure if that's really significant considering that his W would do a fair job on that as well. Not to mention that if things go badly, a great deal of Vudu's damage gets repaired because of his death.

Of course, the allied component is much more viable in my opinion. Using it on a low health ally at the right time will bring them back to full strength, but the best part of that is that it actually costs a great deal of Vudu's health to do so. This creates some synergy with Mumbo Jumbo, as you can use it to replenish your health from enemy champions that have exhausted themselves against your resurrected ally.

Appearance:
From the looks of things, i'm guessing Vudu's look is at least somewhat inspired by the Warcraft trolls? Can't say I blame you, they do look pretty awesome.

Final Thoughts:
Honestly, it's a pretty well done concept. I'm still not sure why LoL doesn't have a witch doctor or some other shaman figure among its ranks. If they ever considered fixing that, Vudu would be a step in the right direction. Of course, there are some minor gripes I could identify. The story needs a bit of clarification and Hex needs a bit more pew pew. Other than that, Vudu is looking pretty solid.

Hope this review helped you out.

Moby the White

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Scorpion View Post
sorry, who is bianca?
Bianca is a champion I made before this champion, the whole reason I made Vudu

Moby the White

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytharionas View Post
Witch Doctor eh? Surprisingly LoL has yet to touch on this particular style. Let's see how you've done this one.

Just a heads up, not that great with numbers so unless I see something exceptionally wonky, i'll focus primarily on other factors.

Lore:
So...Vudu makes a pact with the Demon Lord of Shadows (sounds like a wonderful fellow) in exchange for powerful black magic. However, the Demon Lord of Shadows demands that Vudu uses his powers for good. Then Vudu uses black magic to heal people, where he eventually meets Bianca and decides to enter the League of Legends in order to gain aid for the Voodoo Lands.

The basic premise is decent, but I feel that a few questions might need to be addressed. Vudu made a deal with the Demon Lord of Shadows for black magic...Why exactly did the Demon command Vudu to help others? Anyone with a name like "Demon Lord of Shadows" doesn't exactly sound like a good samaritan.

Also, I didn't think black magic had anything to do with healing. I assumed it was the term given to plagues, curses, disease, and multiple incantations involving the spirit world. Of course, I could be mistaken, what are your thoughts on this?

Skills:

Not much I can say about this one without looking at the rest of his abilities. But it looks like the buff doesn't get consumed on spellcast. Perhaps we'll see some nifty burst potential in the rest of his kit?

I've made a comparison using other skillshots with similar target styles, and Hex seems very weak when it comes to damage scaling. The Black Magic bonus does add an interesting CC mechanic to the ability, but without that bonus, the rest of the ability is pretty negligible as the game goes on. Seeing as how it currently scales in increments of 10 AP per level, I would recommend raising those increments to 30 AP instead. Other than the damage though, the rest of the skill looks pretty good.

Originally, I assumed that the allied component on Mumbo Jumbo had a similar problem to Hex, I.E. being a bit weak. However, the low amounts are compensated for by the high AP ratio. This ability would still be slightly weak early game, but would be scale tremendously into the mid-late game scenarios. As for the offensive component, a spell that steals life from an enemy while bolstering your own health is pretty good. Nothing to add there.

This ability is a very interesting one. You can cast it on your ally to very effectively mitigate damage, or you can place it upon your enemy to amplify the damage they take at the cost of that damage happening later down the line. Although I would like some clarification on the Black Magic aspect of the ability. I don't have an exact idea as to how powerful it would be in its current state, but I would love to see this mechanic in action.

This one is pretty straightforward, cast on an enemy for damage and an ally for health. Of course, Black Magic spices things up with some crazy effects based on who dies. Successfully killing an enemy heals Vudu up, although i'm not sure if that's really significant considering that his W would do a fair job on that as well. Not to mention that if things go badly, a great deal of Vudu's damage gets repaired because of his death.

Of course, the allied component is much more viable in my opinion. Using it on a low health ally at the right time will bring them back to full strength, but the best part of that is that it actually costs a great deal of Vudu's health to do so. This creates some synergy with Mumbo Jumbo, as you can use it to replenish your health from enemy champions that have exhausted themselves against your resurrected ally.

Appearance:
From the looks of things, i'm guessing Vudu's look is at least somewhat inspired by the Warcraft trolls? Can't say I blame you, they do look pretty awesome.

Final Thoughts:
Honestly, it's a pretty well done concept. I'm still not sure why LoL doesn't have a witch doctor or some other shaman figure among its ranks. If they ever considered fixing that, Vudu would be a step in the right direction. Of course, there are some minor gripes I could identify. The story needs a bit of clarification and Hex needs a bit more pew pew. Other than that, Vudu is looking pretty solid.

Hope this review helped you out.
Excellent review as per this champ is still fairly fresh and undergoing lots of changes I won't say he is anything close to perfection

Lore: okay i did leave this part out. The reason is mainly because all magic comes with a price and the deal that he makes with the shadow lord doesn't really make sense since you would think he would want Vudu to collect souls and not heal people. However, that is the trick there. Vudu does everything he does for people with a cost. If he heals them he gets hurt if they die while he heals them he gets healed. He can revive them at a great cost too. Its all about that negative trade back. I meant to make it so that it said he wanted great magical powers to heal people woops. The shadow lord gave him this but with costs.

P: I actually was intending it to be consumed

Q. okay ill up the damage

W. Thanks

E. umm lets see this spell is really confusing and has undergone lot's of tweaks however i am really glad you like it. the black magic aspect turns Stuffy doll into its own spell that allows it to instantly be dealt the damage by Vudu himself. I will clarify that in the tooltip sorry. Then upon that damage the enemy takes 45% of the damage which amounts to up to 180 (+.7) ap damage. allies take nothing on black magic.

R. I can add in a damage buff against enemies under Grave Pact to make that side seem more viable what do you think?

Appearance: yes

Moby the White

12-05-2012

hex damage on target buffed
hex damage as it passes through stuff buffed late game nerfed early game

Stuffy doll black magic tooltip rewritten for better clarification

Lore underwent minor changes:
Vudu now made a deal for great healing powers (since he was dying and all)
the price of making the trade is now just the fact that the shadow man will collect is soul eventually

Bianca now has a link in her name so readers can fully grasp the connection...
also minor animations will be added directly following this post just detailing his death animation