Vudu-The Witch Doctor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
I really like your new ultimate, except for healing the enemy if you die before the curse wears off. While it does add a risk factor and promote intelligent play, it shouldn't be as punishing if you fail. Perhaps make it heal back 25% or 50% of the damage your curse did instead of a flat amount. What if you die right after putting the curse on them? 0 reward for you and full reward for them for your mistake.
well it is a heal over time so that isn't as bad hmm i can lower the heal for enemy and change it to your way which is what i originally wanted after remake but thought it might be troublesome for programmers

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Challenge those programmers, man! Make them earn their money!

Moby the White

12-04-2012

Quote:
Challenge those programmers, man! Make them earn their money!
lol how about stuffy doll is less derptastic?

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Okay so BASICALLY it's still the same argument as before. I'll try to be extremely clear where I'm coming from.

:ignoring ap ratios:

Say you use the stuffy doll on the enemy Ezreal. He has 1200 hp.
I then attack him with a spell that does 300 damage, which is instead dealt to the doll.
Ezreal would have had 900 hp had the attack connected.
The doll then deals 450 damage, leaving ezreal with 750 hp which is 150 less than he would have had if the doll didn't redirect the damage, so the net damage of the spell is 150.

I understand the spell deals 450 damage but it also mitigates 300 of it initially.

That being said, 150 damage is pretty low for *base damage* on a single target spell at max rank. Compare it to Veigar's Baleful Strike with a 260 base damage and 0.6*AP ratio. Keep in mind that your ap ratio applies on the initial damage blocked, effectively causing the ratio to increase by 50% when damage is dealt

The effect on ally cast is also effectively only blocking half the damage. It should be on par with Janna's shield since it doesn't apply a buff. Her shield blocks 240 damage +0.9*AP.

Lastly the cooldown is too long for a damage/shield. 10 seconds after detonation at max rank would be the lowest you could make it and still be balanced.

edit: also saw your wording on the black magic effect on Q. are you snaring them? or are they still silenced and unable to auto attack and now unable to move? that's a stun. Targets of Lulu's polymorph can still move

English isn't your first language, is it?

Moby the White

12-04-2012

Quote:
Okay so BASICALLY it's still the same argument as before. I'll try to be extremely clear where I'm coming from.

:ignoring ap ratios:

Say you use the stuffy doll on the enemy Ezreal. He has 1200 hp.
I then attack him with a spell that does 300 damage, which is instead dealt to the doll.
Ezreal would have had 900 hp had the attack connected.
The doll then deals 450 damage, leaving ezreal with 750 hp which is 150 less than he would have had if the doll didn't redirect the damage, so the net damage of the spell is 150.

I understand the spell deals 450 damage but it also mitigates 300 of it initially.

That being said, 150 damage is pretty low for *base damage* on a single target spell at max rank. Compare it to Veigar's Baleful Strike with a 260 base damage and 0.6*AP ratio. Keep in mind that your ap ratio applies on the initial damage blocked, effectively causing the ratio to increase by 50% when damage is dealt

The effect on ally cast is also effectively only blocking half the damage. It should be on par with Janna's shield since it doesn't apply a buff. Her shield blocks 240 damage +0.9*AP.

Lastly the cooldown is too long for a damage/shield. 10 seconds after detonation at max rank would be the lowest you could make it and still be balanced.

edit: also saw your wording on the black magic effect on Q. are you snaring them? or are they still silenced and unable to auto attack and now unable to move? that's a stun. Targets of Lulu's polymorph can still move

English isn't your first language, is it?

ouch... english is my only language...I will take a look at the Q. as per I don't recall what I wrote. stuffy doll can effectively turn a 300 damage spell into 900 damage if someone is focusing a champion but heck I'll buff it why not...

ps don't ignore ap ratios they are factored into it when i calculate whether or not something does too much

Moby the White

12-04-2012

okay they literally lose control of their movement
they aren't feared stunned silenced snared or anything
their champion runs around they can still attack but they can't control where it goes.
its a new concept its a loss of control like dizziness applied to the game.

if they click up it goes down if they click right it goes left.

Moby the White

12-04-2012

major buff to stuffy doll

Moby the White

12-04-2012

frog changed to silenced due to that is how hex works anyways >.<

Zarkof

12-04-2012

for stuffy doll, the most base damage it would have dealt would have been 150 (this number comes from my previous post) + 1.2*AP

at 400 AP the bonus damage would be 576 for a total of 726. You should still probably reduce the AP ratio on it to give it closer to a 1.0 ap ratio after the 150% increase. a 70% ratio would give it a 105% ratio overall.

Since you buffed the base damage you should definitely nerf the ap ratio.

You should balance it for the normal spell, and let the black magic increase be a bonus you want to get from it if you're not using it for other spells.

edit: you've also changed your effect on Q *again*. I don't even know what you want it to do anymore. Make up your mind! lol. I guess for now a silence is ok but silence doesn't go with polymorph
feel free to call me a derp since I tend not to think things through

Moby the White

12-04-2012

Quote:
for stuffy doll, the most base damage it would have dealt would have been 150 (this number comes from my previous post) + 1.2*AP

at 400 AP the bonus damage would be 576 for a total of 726. You should still probably reduce the AP ratio on it to give it closer to a 1.0 ap ratio after the 150% increase. a 70% ratio would give it a 105% ratio overall.

Since you buffed the base damage you should definitely nerf the ap ratio.

You should balance it for the normal spell, and let the black magic increase be a bonus you want to get from it if you're not using it for other spells.

edit: you've also changed your effect on Q *again*. I don't even know what you want it to do anymore. Make up your mind! lol. I guess for now a silence is ok but silence doesn't go with polymorph
feel free to call me a derp since I tend not to think things through
shamans hex from wow is what i am trying to do :S