@Community Let's build a champ together

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

12-02-2012

CURRENT STEP : Basic Idea (Ability, Lore, drawing... anything that could evolve into a champion), basically, anything that resembles what I listed in my 2nd post

Hello, I'm ploki122, a ~1 year old player designer studying for a BS in Computer Science who aims to work for Riot one day (as a Designer possibly, but other fields also interests me). I have created a few concepts who can be found here, and tried to create a change in the Player Concept Forum along with the council (which I left due to lack of time). Enough about me, now about this thread.

Even though I left the council, I still think that this forum is salvageable. So, this is a bit of my legacy to the forum, I will share, trough the whole thread, my knowledge and experience in design. How will I do that in a more enjoyable way than Katsuni? Well, I will design a champion... YOUR champion. Or rather, I will guide YOU into designing YOUR champion. That's the main difference between Omnifinity's thread and mine, Basically, you give ideas to him, and he will create a champion. What I will do with this thread is that both you and I will give ideas, I will give my opinion on all (or most if this thread breaks a participation cap that is way above my expectation) of them and then let the community vote about what choice(s) is(are) the best.

Feel free to share anything you think could make it into a champion (either an ability, a draft of a kit, a drawing, anything really).

TL;DR : You should post about the current step shown at top, and I will create polls so you guys choose what you prefer based on the insights I will give.

Eliak King

12-02-2012

Thats alot of points mmmm let me think so a pet,needs items,needs to be a robot,needs to have some sort of poison needs dash/blink spellshield to a target and needs a specail interaction with tower and or hiding passive whet towers..

mmmmmm............................................ ....................
How about this
a Dog looking champ he needs to be big so about sejuines bour give or take
passive: Poison Mark-IX ____ normal atks poison the target whet hes razer blades duin so and so damage (magic or true)
Q-Bite : ____ readys hes next atk reseting the swing timer duin so and so damage duin more damage if there under passive
W-Guard dog - Passive ____takes so and so less damage while theres a Friendly champ to Protect up to a cap i say 30% max for 6 friendly close by
active:he charger to a nearby friendly Unit (minion/tower/player) granting a spell shield for that last 2 sec
E-Re-target: ___ Howls and grants Vieson of 1 nearby enemy target all nearby friendly non champ target get Enrage atk the selected target for 3 sec they have so and so increase atk speed

R-Renforments: ____ HOWLS to for helping summoning 2 of hes Kind to the battle field they have about... 40% of hes hp and 60% of hes other stads he well summon a death dog and a guard dog
death dog has increase poison from hes claws and well duin up to x3 damage if enemy its under yours and hes poison the guard dog stay to the closes enemy champ and he well use Re-target 1 time he has hes own W-guard dog eff and he well copy buffs on you

what do you think ^.^ and and btw i love DOGS if you did not see that and sorry for poor English

ploki122

12-02-2012

hmmm.... that wasn't exactly what I meant... what I listed there were examples... so it's only traits that I chose out of the blue, my goal was tha you add some to the list.

To clear the confusion, I will list my ideas in this post

So, let's start this with simply giving a base for the champion, I will be waiting for your inputs, but here are the basic ideas that I think could be used for this :

- Pet Champion.
- Item-based Champion.
- Mecha Champion.
- Poison-centric.
- A spellshield that allows to dash to the casting champion.
- An special interaction with towers

Eliak King

12-02-2012

ok =3 but i like the dog Idea so much i think ill post on a diff page that champ i made hem out of the blue but he seems like a good champ XD i made only 1 other champ O'thys <== no one seems to like hem i bump hem when ever i can go see hem if you got the tiem =3 feed back would be nice

Moby the White

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliak King View Post
ok =3 but i like the dog Idea so much i think ill post on a diff page that champ i made hem out of the blue but he seems like a good champ XD i made only 1 other champ O'thys <== no one seems to like hem i bump hem when ever i can go see hem if you got the tiem =3 feed back would be nice
no one likes him aye?
O.o
i feel sad now...

ploki122

12-02-2012

bump, need participation, tell me if my initial post is unclear, I will try to rewrite (again)

ploki122

12-03-2012

Attachment 556148
- Drawn by Izzabelle

Moby the White

12-03-2012

samus sister O_O

ploki122

12-03-2012

Well, she's been drawn by Izzabelle, an artist that plans on working for Riot eventually. She has drawn quite a couple of nice champs up to now and I would honestly suggest you guys to look at her topic (linked in previous post).

As for the champion, her idea behind it was an Ionian survivor that got implants and fought a bit like Riven (iirc, there was a connection, something like her losing her family and limbs in Riven's last offensive). However, I'm simply using her drawing for design purpose and if we go with that, I will drop anything that she planned for it ><.

ploki122

12-05-2012

trying a last necro to get this going, if it doesn't work, I'll establish a list from the forum, and create a new thread starting with next step, with a poll asking for which concepts they prefer and why...