Riot; If I showed you that your Trynd remake was bad, would you change it?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kawashima Ami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Great post, Norak.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawashima Ami View Post
Great post, Norak.
A little appreciation is always appreciated.

Haechi

02-07-2013

I hate the changes you propose.

Norak

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haechi View Post
I hate the changes you propose.
Any reason?

Celestealica

Master Recruiter

02-08-2013

Tryndamere is OP

Vongeo

02-08-2013

Guys think about it,

Manaless urgot.

Snowsprite

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'll answer both of these:

We changed to crit damage from crit chance because Trynd's lane was about throwing dice against the enemy and hitting an early-game crit with just his passive. Fighting either as or against that removes much of the success players have from their own hands and puts it into a dice-roll, especially when crit multipliers are so much more devastating early game.

Second, I do not like ranged manlaess champions, but I'm fine with melee being manaless more often, as melee can be a cost. Especially on a melee carry, I feel this cost can be significant on its own.

Katarina would have had mana if I wasn't sure it would have been a point players wouldn't have ripped us apart on. I still think she should have mana.
You're the lead designer of the game though, not the players. Make the most effective, compelling, and fair PVP you can. Your players actually believe things with absolutely zero counterplay like Fiora becoming completely untargetable is good PVP - their judgement can't be trusted.

Snowsprite

02-08-2013

Mana and Critical Hits are both extremely poor and ineffective design elements and don't belong in compelling competitive games.

Norak

02-08-2013

Bump

gregorymarco

02-08-2013

I just came back and realized that it'd already been upvoted by me.