Riot; If I showed you that your Trynd remake was bad, would you change it?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Teemo View Post
Norak I miss you and ur AP Trynd <3
Progress!
I played a game as AP Trynd recently and didn't go negative!

CooLTanG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsend View Post
I skimmed through the topic, but I just wanted to say that I do recall Tryndamere being borderline op after his remake. Even played in a couple tournaments, till he got toned down.
He gets played in 2 tournaments, and gets nerfed outta existence.... is that even right?

They seemed to nerf diana due to her tournament play but they went straight back to fix her being over nerfed, while tryndamere is left in the dust. EZ is played in every tournament, guess they should nerf him outta play completely......

Oh back on to point:
I'd prefer the switch of passive to Q, back to the original and spin doing magic dmg.

Past that, idk I always hated the idea of ignite put on him and killing a Tryndamere just after his ult, but I guess I'm the only one on that.

I thought about maybe fixing up mocking having a reduced cooldown based on points put in too, so u could maybe use it early during a fight then possibly at the end to chase. Could always make it reduce cd based on how many weren't slowed instead of more points = lower cd.

Also they should fix the cast time of his ult so its not 0.5 sec and fix its interaction with Guardian Angel. (This bug has been in the game forever!)

Norak

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M0nday View Post
Read half your post and upvoted. saw "- Damage type changed to magic"

Wish I could take that upvote back.
Can you give me some reasons why you think it's a bad change?

Elie123

12-23-2012

Bump

Norak

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooLTanG View Post
He gets played in 2 tournaments, and gets nerfed outta existence.... is that even right?

They seemed to nerf diana due to her tournament play but they went straight back to fix her being over nerfed, while tryndamere is left in the dust. EZ is played in every tournament, guess they should nerf him outta play completely......

Oh back on to point:
I'd prefer the switch of passive to Q, back to the original and spin doing magic dmg.

Past that, idk I always hated the idea of ignite put on him and killing a Tryndamere just after his ult, but I guess I'm the only one on that.

I thought about maybe fixing up mocking having a reduced cooldown based on points put in too, so u could maybe use it early during a fight then possibly at the end to chase. Could always make it reduce cd based on how many weren't slowed instead of more points = lower cd.

Also they should fix the cast time of his ult so its not 0.5 sec and fix its interaction with Guardian Angel. (This bug has been in the game forever!)
Long time no see Cooltang,

The point 0.5 seconds is annoying at times (especially with Aussie ping) but it's not breaking Trynd or anything, in my opinion. The ignite thing is necessary as it's a slightly more advanced counter to Trynd than CC. It requires a bit of timing and it does screw with him pretty hard, but he can counter it pretty easily:
Cleanse
QSS
Spirit Visage
Elixir of Fortitude
(Well timed) health pot

Prosecutor Godot

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
A little shorter on time right now, but I will agree there's lower synergy than there should be - I'd strike that to my biggest point of problem with the kit...well, outside of "melee carries as a role"

Synergy is tricky because synergy is fun and intuitive, but if you overdo it, it removes decisions and creates facerolling. I don't think Trynd is at risk here, just something to remember when analyzing how much synergy a character has.

Good post.
Synergy doesn't create facerolling... In fact it's the opposite. If there's no synergy, then you might as well faceroll because the order in which you use your abilities doesn't really matter. On champions that their skills have synergy there's only one way to use their abilities for maximum damage output For instance, see Blitzcrank. Do you consider him faceroll? He couldn't be any farther than faceroll. And he has one of the most interesting synergies in the entire game.

5 star post Morello.

Flyheal

12-23-2012

with the new items in season 3 trynd is in a really good spot, from what i've experienced tryndamere's only problem is the RNG when it comes to trading wishing for a crit, aside from that hes disgustingly good.
in the jungle however, thats a whole nother story...

Fashbinder

12-23-2012

For great justice

Judgesin

12-23-2012

Riot, hire this man

Norak

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyheal View Post
with the new items in season 3 trynd is in a really good spot, from what i've experienced tryndamere's only problem is the RNG when it comes to trading wishing for a crit, aside from that hes disgustingly good.
in the jungle however, thats a whole nother story...
Melee AD carries are in a bad spot still, AD Casters are what got buffed with season 3. The other melee carries atleast got some nice itemisation (Yi got SotD, Fiora got Ravenous Hydra) but nothing specifically for Trynd.

Don't say SotD, because he has crit chance through his passive and no longer gets crit damage from his Q, it's wasted stats.