**** ELO Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saucey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post32066763 here my part of how elo system works for me. i just dont like the point system. thats my only issue with rank.

EyeHearShapes

12-04-2012

I'm going to repost this since Hunna didnt comment on it. I am in roughly the same elo as u . I too play with trolls that feed etc but some how my K/D/A with my main champs r all positive.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/3...2#ranked-stats
So wtf man, am i better then you ? Does my elo deserve to be 300 points higher ? Or is it people like you who are holding me back ? You don't win the lane man, at best you're showing me u tie it. At worst you're showing me that you are the reason your team loses.

This song makes me think of u Hunna >: )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U

Mibani

Recruiter

12-04-2012

ELO Doesn't exist.

/thread

Garbage Munster

12-04-2012

Often times it's obvious during champ selection that your team just isn't going to do so hot, and other times it seems like they won't do so well and it works out. Pay close attention to champ selection chat, be verbal, be clear, and compromise. If 2 or 3 people are bickering over the same position and not willing to do whats best for the team and work it out, then the game is probably not going to go so well. Work on being intuitive during the selection process.

It's a process a lot of the time, if things are just going horrible, pick the worst imaginable champion you can think of, don't say anything, just legitimately act like it's what you want to play. Pick Master Yi and say you're going adc, and lock it. Hopefully they'll dodge. If they don't just dodge at 1 second and take the 30 minute penalty (You can really only afford one or two dodges a day depending on your time schedule) and go play on a smurf account until your time is up. Hopefully, someone else will dodge, when they do make sure you drop yourself out of que and take a 5 minute breather to avoid being put back into champ selection with the same group. It's just one strategy to help you avoid obvious problematic teams, it's nothing to be ashamed of, it's strategic.

Secondly, even though this goes against so many peoples personalities, a lot of the times what your team needs in a rough spot is a cheerleader. Offer encouragement and sound advice in a manner that hopefully will not aggravate others. Shy away from negative criticism, shy away from criticism period (save it for after the game and then do it in a manner that's not demeaning to the other person).

Hands down, the largest barrier to overcome in winning a League of Legends match is a poor team morale. Bickering, negative attitudes, insults, arguing, these are all contributing factors that can and will make you lose often.

Learn all the roles, and learn multiple champions in each role. Become proficient with them, learn your counters for each champ, and learn what champs you can counter with them. Learn the strengths of each champ and what champs they work well with on a team. If you have Malphite top, and decide to teemo mid, that will not have the same synergy such as Zyra + Malphite, or Amumu + Malphite.

Lastly, set goals, but set them small. When you reach that goal, set another. Towers aren't built with one long piece of metal, there's many different sections that need to be laid, from the bottom up before you can reach the top. If you have a bad game, or just can't avoid a bad team, or even have a bad streak, don't worry just shrug it off. Very rarely will you have a constant pattern of win-win-loss or loss-win-loss-win. Wins and losses will come in streaks.

Anyways, hope this advice was helpful. Sorry for the novel.

ShadowlQQ

12-04-2012

to get out of elo hell u need the skills of plat+ or u can duo with someone good
pretty much, u gotta carry, ie. ADC/APC/Jungler

LogicalTautology

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by martensitic View Post
what people have to understand though is that if you finish laning and your k/d/a is like..

0/0/0

and so is your oppenents (so the lane was absolutely even)

you will probably still get killed by the fed enemy lane who has 4~5 kills.

hence you go to 0/1/0

this could repeat until his team realises they cant win and they surrender.

so he may finish like 2/5/3

but this isnt the best representation of his skill level
That's all very true. Sometimes your midlane will feed, you will go even, and you lose the game. That's part of LoL, no one will win all their games.
But if you're really 300 Elo lower than where you belong, you will not go even in lane. A 1400 Elo player will crush every single 1100 Elo player he lanes against. Every single time.

Hunna211

12-05-2012

Yes, a 1400 elo top laner *should* crush an 1100 top laner. I don't lane though. I jungle. How am I supposed to out-lane someone while jungling? The problem is, other kids feed their lane. Then I go for a gank and end up getting 2 shot. So now you are thinking "well, then don't gank". Sure, I'll just leave the kid getting **** on by himself to keep getting **** on. That makes it worse. Once someone starts feeding, and keeps feeding, idc how amazing you think you are, you won't be able to kill someone thats 5 lvl's above you and completely out-itemizes you, period. Why aren't you people understanding this?

Want to see what happens when I lane and other lanes don't feed?http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35763526#history. 17-0-8. I had good teammates, who didn't feed and didn't troll. Are you going to try and tell me that they carried me here? What's the excuse here for me dominating so much? Everyone on the other team was complete garbage? I got lucky? Go ahead, I'll wait while you find something.

Then look at the game directly above it. 5-10-. Yes, garbage record, but let's look at what happened in this game. Singed gave up first blood before the 4 min mark. Our fizz had complete downs and started feeding after this 8th death, ending at 8-17-7. Our poppy support ended 6-11-13. He ks'd, stole cs, and didn't buy a single ward. Not one. I ended up buying something like 15 wards that game, b/c no one else did. Our ez was 1v1'ing in lane against a varus, and lost. Not only that, once laning phase had been over for more than a few minutes, ez was still just sitting bottom farming, not helping team fight. Once he did finally join the team, he literally ran in circles aa'ing every few seconds, that's it. No abilities were used. He just ran circles in the back, making sure he lived at all costs, even if that meant doing no damage or us dying. Even at 5-10-3, I had 2nd least deaths. Before fizz decided to feed purposely, I was sitting at 4-2-1. Once malz and darius were completely fed, I was getting 2 shot from being so far behind from buying wards. Our jungle wasn't safe, even with me warding like crazy. Other team just roamed it getting free kills left and right.

So ya, I think it's very accurate to keep thinking that these garbage players are the reason I'm non-stop losing, and not myself. Look at the normals I did with friends, people I know won't feed. Wins. Look at the one game I didn't have complete trolls on my team, a complete blow out. Then I get trolls, and look what happens. Martensitic seems to be the only person on here who understands that you can go even or win your lane, and still lose and come out with an unrepresentative final score.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-05-2012

Hunna, you know what I see in your match history right now?

I see 5 matches where you have really good KDA and won.
I see 4 matches where you have bad (or worse, some are horrendous) KDA and lost.

And one match on Proving Grounds, so probably ARAM, and whatever, not even going to talk about this.

The ONLY game that you lost but had a scoreline good enough to win was your 6/8/15 match as Cho'gath jungle. Please understand what I'm saying. That's a scoreline good enough to win. It's not a scoreline good enough to carry the match.

Looks to me like you're winning when YOU have a good scoreline and you're losing when you do, and to me, it looks like Elo couldn't be working more perfectly for you. You win when you play well and lose when you don't.

You had an 0/8/10 Katarina match. I don't know how it's possible to not manage a single kill with Katarina.

You had an 0/9/0 Cho'gath jungle match. Who are you blaming this match on? No one else on your team had 0 kills and 0 assists. Sona tied you for most deaths with 9, but no one else had more then 4. Is it really your teammates fault that you lost this match too?

Let me be clear.

No one is saying that you can win every match. No one is saying that bad teammates won't cause you to lose some matches. But what we're saying is this: if you're 300 Elo points better than your teammates, then you're also 300 Elo points better than your enemies. If you're actually this much better than everyone else in the lobby, then your worst games will look like the 6/8/15 game that you lost--not the 0/9/0 game.

And you didn't even read what Martensitic wrote, did you? He was talking about a situation in which your lane was not won or lost. You went 0/0/0 in lane, so did your opponent (and CS is about even). This is not winning the lane. This is breaking even in the lane (and if you're only breaking even, not winning, there's not much evidence that you're the better player, is there).

And yea, if you break even in lane, but another lane fed the enemy, then you can have a scoreline that's not entirely representative of how well you played.

But Hunna211, you're not talking about "I'm 1100 Elo, but I'm getting paired with 800 Elo players that feed the enemy team." You're claiming you're in 1100 Elo, but you're actually a 1400 Elo player. If you're a 1400 Elo player, you'll crush your lane. You won't go 0/0/0 with even CS and tie your lane with opponent because you're 300 Elo better then him. You'll turn your lane opponent into a feeder by virtue of how much better you are then him.

Trust me. Look at my match history. Lately I've played some matches with AD Bottom. He's WAY better than me. When I queue with him, it puts me up against players that are significantly better than me. I lose my lane hard and have scores like 2/7/1 with Jax or 0/8/3 with Ryze because I'm no where near as good as the people I'm laning against. But when I queue by myself, I do fine. Jax is one of my best champions when I queue solo and let match-making find equally skilled players. I'll typically win my lane, but just barely. Not by enough to carry the whole game, and not by enough to make me claim that I'm 300 Elo better than anyone else in the match.

If you can't turn your lane opponent into a feeder, you're not that much better than him. And if you're not that much better than your lane opponent, you're not 300 Elo below where you belong.

And if you're not sure who your lane opponent is as a jungle, then you're definitely not a 1400+ opponent. As a jungler, your lane opponent is the enemy jungler. Your lane is the jungle. Who is getting more farm? Who is having a bigger impact on the lanes? Who is counter jungling better?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
The ONLY game that you lost but had a scoreline good enough to win was your 6/8/15 match as Cho'gath jungle.
And by the way, in this particular match, the enemy jungler had 13 kills, 6 deaths, and 17 assists.

Legit Rift

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipawolfe View Post
Right. You know, people on the other team feed, afk, and blame others too right? Just make sure you're one less person going negative or feeding and you'll win more often than you lose.
not true... every game i have a 2 k/d and still we cant win...
#elo hell