Getting Counter-Jungled

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadogi

12-03-2012

One of my favorite junglers right now is Maokai, but I find that the game gets incredibly difficult if my blue is stolen and my team can't coordinate stealing theirs. So, what do you do if this happens? Other junglers I play, like Skarner, struggle a bit, but seem to be fine in the end, but Mao is so blue dependent! Currently, I just continue farming and delay my ganks, but is there a better course of action? Maybe early Twisted Advance for a level 2 gank?

Thoughts?

mnun

12-03-2012

Ward your jungle entrances

Shadogi

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnun View Post
Ward your jungle entrances
We're talking about solo queue in the beginning of the game. Entrances will not be warded at this point.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

1) Learn some junglers that aren't as heavily blue reliant.

OR

2) In champion select, ask for a good leash and protection while you take blue buff.

mnun

12-03-2012

Oh you mean lvl 1 invades.

Well if your mid and top/adc aren't sticking around for a couple of seconds after leashing then shame on them,

iWalkWounded

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

if they counter jungle you you have a couple of actions.

1. ward the hell out of the map - i realize this is easier said than done, you're behind in level, gold, etc. and you don't want to be held back by buying things unnecessary for your build. But:
A. it needs to be a team wide effort
B. It provides control of objectives, which can give you an advantage
C. and, my most favorite, it allows you to capitalize on them trying to counter jungle you. If you're warded at your entrances and you see the enemy jungler coming in to either steal a buff or kill you, start pinging him like crazy and have the 2 closest lanes come, swoop in on him, en tandem with you and just destroy him. Most people won't counter you again after that, unless they start ward killing, maybe. But if they're stupid enough to do it again and you're smart enough to keep warding, just keep punishing them for it.

2. jungle a bit, but start focusing more on ganks (works a lot better if you have the mastery points in the extra exp on kills and assists). Just gank like crazy, as a roamer, or camp the hell out of one lane and help your laner snowball. When you get an assist, you get 75% of the gold you would have had you gotten the kill (assuming its just you and one teammate). That'll help a lot! Also, you can hold lanes/chill in lanes to gain a little safe exp butttttttt its not overly recommended.

sorry for the wall of text, hope it helps