"Support is fun" "Support is my main" "I insta call support"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ice Master J

12-03-2012

I am a good support, I love good AD carries. Be a good ADC and then I might add you if i play with you ^.^

Proletaria

12-03-2012

Not sure if it's a factor of my non-existent ELO and/or skill, but I like support and only get the pleasure around half the time. Since I usually solo and most premades want their bot lane kept in-house I tend to get top or jungle duty.

I don't really understand the players who loathe support as a role. Janna, Sorakka and Taric in particular are three of my favorite champions in the game. They're huge in early ganks, even better in team fights, and you get to be mobile instead of fixed on CS.

Maybe i'm just lazy, but packing on a couple gp/10 items and warding the map is infinitely preferable to relying on someone else' wards and worrying about how many creeps I missed in the last wave because of X.

Robbynn

12-04-2012

Past day have had some horrible people who wanted to play supports. One stated that you do not get wards till 5:45 so as not to be dominated in lane and then died to a jungle gank as I was playing safe. Had another who only had one ward and would not put it in our lane bush as we was pushed to the tower against a Taric/Sivir combo of stun/boomerang blade. Had a few Sorakas who push the lane with Starcall even when asked to stop and then says not pushing.

How does an adc properly explain to a support what they need when they refuse to do things any way but how they want?

I like to support. I have had some great praises for my support play even though I don't play with Flash. I also buy wards to help support my support. With the new items though sounds like I might be able to just invest in occasional pink wards.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbynn View Post
Past day have had some horrible people who wanted to play supports. One stated that you do not get wards till 5:45 so as not to be dominated in lane and then died to a jungle gank as I was playing safe. Had another who only had one ward and would not put it in our lane bush as we was pushed to the tower against a Taric/Sivir combo of stun/boomerang blade. Had a few Sorakas who push the lane with Starcall even when asked to stop and then says not pushing.

How does an adc properly explain to a support what they need when they refuse to do things any way but how they want?

I like to support. I have had some great praises for my support play even though I don't play with Flash. I also buy wards to help support my support. With the new items though sounds like I might be able to just invest in occasional pink wards.
Unfortunately, just like you'll get some bad ADCs or bad mids or bad junglers, you're going to get some bad supports.

If you're an ADC in a lane with a support who isn't warding, you might just have to bite the bullet yourself and buy a ward or two. It may seem like a hit to your money, but each ward is about 4 cs, and the difference between having the security of vision or getting ganked/zoned more heavily by lack of sight is much greater than the cost of the ward. If your support doesn't ward, it's just better to do it yourself.

As for supports pushing, that's just bad game knowledge. Let them know that you're trying to freeze the lane and ONLY last hit, and ask them to help you zone the lane opponents to make it easier to keep up your rhythm. Most people will at least understand partially.

Fortus

12-19-2012

support are awesome now!