"Support is fun" "Support is my main" "I insta call support"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malice is here

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxieto View Post
I've never used Leona
Is she fun?
whenever I play against her, it seems her ult is always up
I have personally never liked playing her. I love a good leona though.

I personally don't find her fun, but others do

Atheology

12-03-2012

I prefer support. Honestly, it was always soothing to me. I won't say supporting is easy, it isn't. You need good game sense and timing and coordination. But it always came most naturally to me, and I feel more useful as a Sona or Leona than as any other role.

I also seem to feel nothing but endless contempt for people who main ADC, so that probably has a lot to do with my preferred role.

Qsario

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
Support =/= 0cs bottom lane.

Playing a support champion is fun, being poor isn't.
GP10 runes (quints and maybe a few yellows) + masteries + items make this a lot less painful than you might think. Also, assists are how you get fed. Try to contribute *something* to every kill, even if it's just a heal or some CC. And with oracle's, you can get money from their wards & make the enemy support poor.

Playing without the proper runes, though, is *very* painful. Maybe a kill lane could manage if they were getting fed well, but it's not a great idea.

Jackilla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

I'll play support as long as I KNOW my ADC is a boss. (Friends). Otherwise, if I'm in solo queue or normals by myself, I really hate having to support. As a support, you can't do anything if your carry can't do anything.

Krosan

12-03-2012

I normally love playing support, but... It's just too painful right now, with all those beautiful S3 items around the corner....

I've been privately begging for Riot to put a timer on Oracle's Elixir for a long time now. It's beyond painful when a team breaks down into squabbling. The "noob support won't ward" when you've spent most of your money on wards that the enemy jungler just clears.

themoneymonkey

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
Sounds great, but what if your carry isn't agressive nor passive, in a sense that he does 0 damage to enemy and ends up the game with 25 creep score like aformentioned Vayne. What a hell do you do then.
The only way this can happen is if you made some crucial errors in the laning phase. Maybe the carry has 2 kills and you are getting zoned because they have a leona or some other aggressive support. There are a couple things you can do here.

1. let your team know that bot lane is basically lost and you need multiple ganks from mid and jungle to get back in it.
2. if this doesnt work, what needs to happen is your team needs to stall and let the ad carry catch up in farm. Let him free farm a lane and ward for them so they can farm safely. You as a support, need to start buying a lot of wards. Your build is gonna be behind, but you allow your team to stall and catch up in gold. Hopefully the other team starts making mistakes and you capitalize on them without making many errors yourself.

Im sure there are some other things I cant think of right now, but these are some good strategies. Also dont rage at them, just makes them play worse and lowers the whole teams morale.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxieto View Post
I've never used Leona
Is she fun?
whenever I play against her, it seems her ult is always up
depends on what you define as fun. her animations and spell effects are great, which makes her kind of fun.

for support and for a tank. there are definitely better choices.

IIZekoII

12-03-2012

I play.
Alistar,Blitz,Zyra,Sona,Soraka,Taric,Lux,Karma,Lul u,Jarvan,GP,Zilean,Leona,Morgana,Nunu and Janna.

Wath support do YOU want?.

Nomissire

12-03-2012

I'm trying to be support main, and till now I'm not doing bad in normal queues, but I'm not yet used to every other roles and champs, so I need more practise for ranked. Tho, in my last normal games as support Taric, I was 3/0/29 Just yesterday, 3 premade teams invited me cause they were finding me good... at the same time! X_X That feel, man, that feel :P

Atheology

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIZekoII View Post
I play.
Alistar,Blitz,Zyra,Sona,Soraka,Taric,Lux,Karma,Lul u,Jarvan,GP,Zilean,Leona,Morgana,Nunu and Janna.

Wath support do YOU want?.
Throw some support Teemo, Nasus and Elise in there for good measure. And if you're feeling especially manly, go dunkmaster support Darius.