"Support is fun" "Support is my main" "I insta call support"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngels View Post
You have the good games, and the bad ones. If it's not a weak adc, it's a weak jungler, or a weak mid, or a weak top, or even a weak support.
Well yeah, but if you're support and your adc is one that's failing, you're doomed for 45 minutes of pure agony. You can't do **** to make yourself useful. You even get blamed for not being able to help him out of his stupidity (make turrets so that they don't do damage because idiot keeps diving, and so on).

themoneymonkey

12-03-2012

I main support. All but one ranked game so far have been supporting. I had to go mid zyra and become a carry! We won that game. We are not a one trick pony.

themoneymonkey

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
Well yeah, but if you're support and your adc is one that's failing, you're doomed for 45 minutes of pure agony. You can't do **** to make yourself useful. You even get blamed for not being able to help him out of his stupidity (make turrets so that they don't do damage because idiot keeps diving, and so on).
I have the hardest time keeping an ad carry alive when they try to keep being aggressive when we are behind. Keeps going in for bad trades and we fall behind. Thats where I hope team fights is where we can shine. I try to play supports with the most influence in team fights.

WaterDude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
I was in a game a while ago where almost every lane was doing poorly because of silly mistake. As Janna, I did all I can to save their butts from death. I would place wards at crucial spots which I managed to steal two dragons and a baron. It was one of the longest match I've ever played with over 40 assists. My team eventually got their **** together and we kicked butt.

'Enemy champion: GG, Janna Carry.'

^ Best feeling in the world!

But, yeah. It doesn't happen to often and does suck. But as I said, You sometime gotta learn to take in the bad with the good.

The Golden 001

12-03-2012

You don't get them? I always get them. It's so frustrating, because I'm one of them. There was a game where we all wanted support. So of course we all offered to play different roles and the last pick ended up with support because we all were to conscientious to take it for ourselves. It was a nightmare.

Eruka Frog

12-03-2012

it's depressing to be in the same lane and forced to watch someone who you know isn't X elo meaning they DESERVE a loss

4 deaths into it it's "gg bot feeders" and you know you gave him diamond level support and are now being blamed for the lost game.

it's very demoralizing

Endrid

12-03-2012

i was playing support on the PBE and its so much funner than live servers, cant wait for the next patch

WaterDude

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Golden 001 View Post
You don't get them? I always get them. It's so frustrating, because I'm one of them. There was a game where we all wanted support. So of course we all offered to play different roles and the last pick ended up with support because we all were to conscientious to take it for ourselves. It was a nightmare.
I had one where everyone wanted to play support and so we just played. It was pretty fun. xD

Angry juju

12-03-2012

It sounds sexist, but I see more females play support than I see males. It doesn't apply to all, but generally when I play with chicks they call support or jungler, and they're usually so good at it that they manage to deal as much damage as the AP mid.

Qichin

12-03-2012

I always call support in the games I play. But because support tends to be a thankless role, and communication with the adc is sometimes really bad or nonexistent (even pings don't help sometimes...), I tend to play only with friends. Who also don't like to give up support to some random when I'm in the game, which makes me happy XD

But when I do pull off a great play and get thanked for it, it almost makes it all worthwhile.