"Support is fun" "Support is my main" "I insta call support"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moosin

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharero View Post
Wait till Nami
wait till she eats 10 nerfs and called toxic.

Moosin

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilson View Post
most support mains are high elo because its the easiest to carry solo queue with, even though sometimes it doesnt feel like it is.
any support with a respectable elo have bunch of ADC friend list, because it's impossible to carry solo.

Tejesh

12-02-2012

I refuse to support in solo queue because I always end up with beyond s*** ADCs who couldn't cs if their lives depended on it (ironic?). I'm... not the best cs'er in the world, I'm pretty bad at it, but these people... jesus.

Also, I only support with two champions, Soraka and Lux, since it's not a role that appeals to me, but, at the same time, I need to know how to with a couple champions.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-02-2012

I like playing support, but I never call it, especially if I am duo queuing with someone.
In my experience, as soon as you see me and him bot you are going to lose the game at least 60% of the time. I don't know why, I know there are good people who can play both positions, but any time I see me and him are duo queued, we got this bot I feel a chill.

The only time I dislike being put into support is when you are captain, and while picking support is probably the "safest" spot to pick, while you are busy banning, everyone else calls their lane and you are just stuck with it. Then it just feels like a chore instead of something necessary. I don't mind being the ward b*tch as long as people don't flip out when I take a cs here of there because I am close to getting a gp10 and a ward to support/safe your ass, or just heal up as Nunu/gain stacks as Cho.

As an side, I have found the pleasure that is support Shaco recently, and while people are complaining early(champ select usually) by the end of the game they realize it is completely legit. You also are really hard to get an oracles off of. Get 2 gp10, get a tower down, get that oracle and see how long it lasts(until season 3 of course). In a 45 minute games I went 1-0-26 while my ad carried. Hard. Getting away with 45 hp or less due to flash and deceive is so damn satisfying, but you can't really play it against blitz/leona.

alpha137

12-02-2012

I main support, though at first I only ended up playing it because the other people in queue were too stubborn to pick roles for the team. Over time, I learned to like it.

Not only is is awesome to have a bucketload of assists, but being in a position where you can direct the team is neat. The support provides vision, keeps track of where the enemies are, watches buff timers, reduces the enemy team's vision, reminds their team about objectives, sets up kills, and builds items for the team. All of this is done with very little pay.

The challenge of the role, both mechanically and mentally is great. You need a good amount of knowledge about the game if you want to be a good support, but you also have to be patient. It can be frustrating to provide everything for your team and have them ignore you.

A lot of the experience ends up being good practice for other roles. I find that when I play other roles, I ward more and get frustrated less easily. When you're the one babysitting the carry and informing the team of every move the enemy makes, people end up listening to you (usually). As much as you lack gold, you have a huge influence on the outcome of the game.

When the Soraka or Taric that just died to save you is calling you out for being a jerk, it feels very different from being called out by the top lane Olaf that hasn't said a word all game.

Useless Kung Fu

12-02-2012

I play support main.

Unfortunately I often have the opposite problem, getting stuck with ADCs that don't main ADC, and thus don't know when they're supposed to push or B, don't have armor runes, buy a Doran's, and have no idea how to CS at towers.

I can carry them sometimes by pinging, communicating, warding, making plays and zoning. But every time I try to give another player advice or written help they take it as an affront to their egos. ADC isn't super complicated, but many people who wind up doing it in solo queue, even around the low gold range, don't actually know the fundamentals of ADC play, so trying to support them can be a frustrating task.

As a result, I'll often opt for playing top instead.

Lux Veritatis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

I main support LeBlanc, does that count?

Cuix

12-02-2012

Support is my main, but I play most roles pretty well. If a team needs support, I support. If not, I play elsewhere.

I don't understand people who play ranked knowing only a small set of champs/roles and expecting to win.

Ars Memoriae

12-02-2012

I wish main support lulu could cure any elo rating...

Luxieto

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMixdj View Post
Love playing Blitzcrank (but he's been permabanned for like the last 2 months). Leona/Taric (only pink taric though)/alistar/zyra
I only just started using blitz
and I was on a winning streak with support Zyra. I wanna start using more supports, though. Who would you suggest?