"Support is fun" "Support is my main" "I insta call support"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void2258 View Post
There is an inflection point on that graph. Below a certain ELO, most players DON'T take your openings, so no matter how good you are at making them you still lose more games than you win. The lower your ELO, the less influence you can have on a game as support.

Unfortunately, that inflection point is somewhere in the low gold/high silver region, meaning anyone who is a support main and has anything but absolutely stellar luck in their placement matches starts losing exponentially more often, which starts a vicious cycle of having to play to make your carry survive instead of get him kills. Basically you need to do something else until you get high enough or you never get high enough to win more than you lose.

As a support player you are essentially forced to duo, as it is the only way to know your ADC is good. Unfortunately the lower the ELO the less people respect duo lane requests, leading to more dependance on luck. Also meaning that you get stuck being unable to play unless your friend wants to, leading to frustration because you want to play and no one is around.
Even at 900 Elo, if you stun somebody people will hit them. In fact, the rest of the enemy team will probably flash away from the stunned person, making you even more impactful.

ColmanTallman

12-02-2012

Support mains for life. I have all of them. My favorite color is purple.

Cerulean Laser

12-02-2012

Inb4 Nami instalock.... From who I played so far Sona is my favorite support because she is a musician. ^_^

PillzMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

I love to support! I had bought all supports in 2011, then got tired of supporting. SivHD's motivational speech brought me back into supporting! I instacall support in ranked. My favorite support is Taric, followed by Leona.

The FireWater

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortus View Post
I, personally, "dispise" support, not because i dont like to play it, but because i dont like calling lanes and im pretty much forced everytime to play it...
All my feels.
I don't mind support. I like Soraka, I love Leona, I'm trying to get better with Janna, Blitz, and Nunu, and I'm looking forward to Nami.
But as the guy who tries to be accomodating and always says 'i'll fill whatever we need' That means I'm support 9/10 times. If I had a duo queue partner, that'd be fine. But in solo queue it's very annoying to support a random adc who may or may not suck, and may or may not blame his performance on you, and who even if they're decent... you're just not used to working with them.

I want to play top more often. I'm 'decent' as support, I'm actually good at top :P

SaveTheMaids

12-02-2012

Whenever I play SR, if I don't get support, jungle, or mid I just dodge.

StriderXplosive

12-02-2012

I main support. I am the 1%

Pyrinoc

12-02-2012

ADC is main, but as the botlane is the lane I play best in, I will always support if someone else on my team says they want ADC. It's been going very well for me.

imaloony

12-02-2012

I generally choose to fill. Partially because I know the chance of anyone wanting to Support is slim to none, and also because I don't trust anyone else to support because I meet very few good supports.
I don't like support that much, but I'll still do it, and I generally don't mind too much, and since I fill, there's a decent chance I might pull a Mid or Top without needing to strangle someone over it if someone else on our team DOES want to support.

I'm guessing there will be about a week's worth of people calling support when Nami comes out, just like when Lulu was released.

Oberic

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMixdj View Post
Love playing Blitzcrank (but he's been permabanned for like the last 2 months). Leona/Taric (only pink taric though)/alistar/zyra
This has probably been said already, but Blitz has been permabanned since a couple months after the Harrowing event last year.. >.>